How much do you pay for content?

I would say it depends on the type of content that is needed. There are some local sites with similar content/re-written content that I pay £35 for 1000 words. This type of content generally doesn't require much research. However if it is a content asset piece that requires research etc, the cost if higher.

I haven't paid one yet but Ive seen fiverr people that charge 90 for 150 words because they understand psychology and do competitor research

TBH most blogs I see that buy articles are not well written imo.
They just don't flow and it seems the writer is just fishing for a fancy way of saying something, which ends up being very UNfancy.
Many years ago I paid $550 for about 1200 words. Conversions more than doubled. Bargain.

.05 to .07 cents per word is what I pay for quality content.
I bonus some of my writers as well.
I will get some rates cut to run blogs however, when I have people on salary. Writers who want consistent payouts vs a few dollars difference, value people who can pay their bills and keep them indepedent, as any self-employed individual would.

I pay anything between $20 and $100 per 1000 words.
It depends on writers I am ordering from, but I hate those who pad out an article with fluff and filler to reach anywhere near the word count ordered.

So.. where to find decent writers, for a good price?

I used to try to find cheap writers. You get what you pay for.

I paid more, quality became higher , directions were followed correctly, and things get done on time.

.05cents per word minimum.

My clients are happier and always say "writing was a higher quality than expected"

My blogging associates look forward to my submissions.

Everybody recognizes quality.

Personally, when choosing a content writer, I find out if he understands the basics of SEO, HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Then, I also ask to show the previous works. I try to look for a niche writer generally. Anyone who writes shock content is unlikely to be able to write me an article about luxury watches. So, industry expertise is crucial.

As for platforms, I was looking for content writers on Upwork.

Cost per 1000 words usually depends on the theme, quality, and language.

I have about 20-25 content writers who write for me on a daily basis at $15 per 1000 words. This requires me to have two proofreaders who read and feedback the writers on all the content, since there can be quite a bit of editing in the beginning to get sorted and to get the quality up to par with the standards I'm looking for.

^ I suppose the counter to that could be to hire an editor to deal with the churn.
I'm looking at this model now. I buy 1500 word articles for $15. On a good day, I only spend 10 minutes proofing and editing. On a bad day, it takes over 60 minutes. But that's what happens when you buy cheap content. So now, I'm looking at a freelancer who edits for $6 per 1000 words. It's looking pretty good to me.

I'm embarassed to admit this, but I realized that my primary competetive advantage in my market (non-engish local), is my writing ability.

I've always lambasted how outsourcing content is just way too expensive here for quality that I could do better.

I failed to realize this mean I should just be happy, that my lesser eloquent competitors, have to pay through the nose for mediocre content.

Now I'm all about writing, writing, writing. I can target all those juicy long tails with dedicated quality content, that the competition can't do because it would be too expensive in outsourcing.

Lol @dgenius .. You are thinking too more !

To me... .05cents to .08 cents per word will land you a quality American writer if consistently buying content

.10cents per word for really important pages that will convert well

Use reddit to find a writer

If not offering bulk jobs, ask somebody else who's getting content done if they can have their writers do work for you

I am working with a freelance girl who writes for me. She takes per 100 words - $5-$6. She is keen on SEO and could bring it back optimised (if accurate information is given to her).

Back