How much do you pay for content?

Degree
I would say it depends on the type of content that is needed. There are some local sites with similar content/re-written content that I pay £35 for 1000 words. This type of content generally doesn't require much research. However if it is a content asset piece that requires research etc, the cost if higher.

Yvv

Degree
I haven't paid one yet but Ive seen fiverr people that charge 90 for 150 words because they understand psychology and do competitor research

Degree
TBH most blogs I see that buy articles are not well written imo.
They just don't flow and it seems the writer is just fishing for a fancy way of saying something, which ends up being very UNfancy.
Many years ago I paid $550 for about 1200 words. Conversions more than doubled. Bargain.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
Degree
.05 to .07 cents per word is what I pay for quality content.
I bonus some of my writers as well.
I will get some rates cut to run blogs however, when I have people on salary. Writers who want consistent payouts vs a few dollars difference, value people who can pay their bills and keep them indepedent, as any self-employed individual would.

Degree
I pay anything between $20 and $100 per 1000 words.
It depends on writers I am ordering from, but I hate those who pad out an article with fluff and filler to reach anywhere near the word count ordered.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
Degree
I used to try to find cheap writers. You get what you pay for.

I paid more, quality became higher , directions were followed correctly, and things get done on time.

.05cents per word minimum.

My clients are happier and always say "writing was a higher quality than expected"

My blogging associates look forward to my submissions.

Everybody recognizes quality.

Degree
Personally, when choosing a content writer, I find out if he understands the basics of SEO, HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Then, I also ask to show the previous works. I try to look for a niche writer generally. Anyone who writes shock content is unlikely to be able to write me an article about luxury watches. So, industry expertise is crucial.

As for platforms, I was looking for content writers on Upwork.

Cost per 1000 words usually depends on the theme, quality, and language.