How much did you sacrifice?

You are probably right but I wanted to point out that there is a huge difference in what you need to sacrifice in order to get to $5k a month and what you need to sacrifice to get to $100k. Never said to can get to $100k a month by working only 6 hours a day.

LOL

So, Magister, have you done anything of all you talk about?

Where do you think I'm wrong? More successful people have been telling that all the time.

I agree with @Magister, if we're not going to be dishonest about what he typed.

A lot, and I'd venture to say most, people that end up achieving a full time status in business did so in the few hours they had after their day job and on the weekend after chores and whatever else. That's how I did it. Yes, I worked more total hours than the average person, but I worked maybe 25 hours on the business per week. This is the lower tier 4 figures per month Magister is talking about. Totally doable and pretty typical.

And then he's talking about the 5 and 6 figures per month. Once you go full time, if you're serious, you'll end up working some pretty wild hours at first. If you want to dig through the trenches of mud and piss fast, you're looking at long hours. There were years where I routinely did 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week until my brain forced me to take a single day off, which ended up being half-days anyways.

Eventually if you're not a moron, you start to automate and outsource and hire employees. Then you can return back to a normal lifestyle of 8 hours, 10 hours, and still have time to hit the gym, have a meal with the bros, tuck your kids into bed, etc.

Why in the world would I work a million hours a week if I'm making $100k per month, when I can hire every bit of it out, hire managers to run it all, and then scale further by increasing the team size. You can even hire people to hire and fire and train.

There is a period of time where you'll work like nobody else desires to work. Hopefully you graduate out of that mess. It's a rite of passage and a necessity and a barrier to entry into the big leagues. It's fun bragging rights too.

But that's not the end of the story. The end of the story is getting in 5,000 hours of other people's time per week while you do jack shit but enjoy the abundance of money and time that you earned.

Easier said than done though. I know most of us would start a new project to remain anxious and hungry about. People who break into the big time do this as a lifestyle, not as a path to escape an easier lifestyle.

But yes, newbies should be prepared to work a lot for a few years or even a decade if it takes that long, including sacrificing stuff, starting with time wasters, as Magister pointed out. Work efficiently so you can still have time to be human.

I had my back against the wall and only 1 month saving left
This is the elixir of life. Theres nothing like being at deaths door to truly feel alive.

Bad food.

I have Crohn's disease and my body is just so done with the crap food I've been giving it. Have completely cut out sugar/trans fats and all sorts of things since the start of June. It's hard, I love sweets and junk food.

But what's the alternative? Feeling like crap and no energy? Not being able to go on vacations I can afford and have time for because of no energy for traveling?

I haven't been at 100% for 10+ years now because I rarely sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time without going to the bathroom. What could life be like if I could actually sleep 6+ hours straight regularly?

Discipline has always been easy for me with work/money but food has always been my weakness. But no more. I'd rather be able to travel and do things with my family vs have another candy bar.

Sometimes I just come back and re-read this thread to understand I'm not the only one making sacrifices. Am I willing to make sacrifices? Yes. Is the path to the top easy? Hell no. Am I going to make it even when I don't feel like working? Yes.

I'm grateful to have my girlfriend of the last 1.5 years to tell me it's okay to take a break. There are oftentimes moments where I wonder how much I would accomplish if I didn't set aside time for her, or if I'm really being fair to her by working so hard. But I apologize to her often and she knows I'm doing it so that we can go to the moon one day.

I made a pact with God & myself at a young age that I would be the one to change my whole family's future.

I always thought "Jesus on cross" was about sacrificing self to be the greatest you

Not that i came from the worst situation but I wasn't born to a situation where you had time to 'figure out who you want to be"

I want to be the person who completely changes that and leaves a legacy.

It's cool I've already had a little fame in my city for my son to come behind, but I'm far from done.............. I'll sacrifice everything but my soul / morals for that true LIBERTY, financial freedom, freedom of time, freedom of choice, generational security

I would gladly sacrifice everything. Every day. And I do. That's what it means to truly love something, isn't it? You would cut your arm off to feed your child but not the business that feeds the house? I "sacrificed" my car so I could turn my commute into content production time on public transportation. I "sacrificed" my "friends" who tried to keep me in the bucket with them That was in 2017. "Sacrifice" everything you don't need (including addictions) and the ROI is exponential.

What we do here has the power to feed generations. Sacrifice with a smile. Complain or gain.

I worked nights and weekends for over a year to make this shit work (next to being a product manager in a startup). Even broke up with my girlfriend of four years because I was focused so much on my business (there were other reasons, too).

In the end, it was all worth it. I'm able to travel the world (in Medellin right now) and currently on the path to financial independence.

The goal is to have a high-six or low seven-figure exit within the next two to three years. Then utilize my SEO skills, connections, and capital to move into a higher-margin business (most likely SaaS).

Ok so I am not successful but I am still gonna reply because I am technically sacrificing by NOT constantly working.

Basically, EVERYTHING in life that you do, from breathing deeper or just drinking water slowly, you are sacrificing something whether you are aware of it or not.

That being said, it depends on what your goal in life is, it's not a sacrifice for a guy whose only goal in life is to be rich in X amount of years if he has to GRIND super hard to get there, give up on everything but money. For him, it's a HUGE sacrifice TO NOT grind and NOT be rich in that time. So, it all depends on what you want. Not everyone wants the same thing.

Also, that guy who gets lucky making money from bitcoin, he has to live in fear for the rest of his life b ecause he is not sure whether he will be able to make that money or not. If you were certain in your skill to make that money back or if not more then you'll live completely differently.

Not only that, the harder something is to achieve, the more you appreciate it/rewarding it feels. I know many rich kids who just don't care about being rich or being richer than their fathers. You'd assume they'd want to surpass their families but they don't seem to value money that much. You could REALLY REALLY enhance your life soo much with money.

I also feel like many people say "Oh what's the point if you have money and poor health" but they aren't really optimizing their health as MUCH as they can while still working.

Shoot, at one point my credit score for going full-time way before I should have lol

Now it's back up and where it belongs in the mid-650s /s

I moved out of my Mom's basement recently. I had to sacrifice Sunday meatloaf dinners and daily banana pancakes. Does that count?

Mah, the meatloaf!!

Back