How much did you sacrifice?

Degree
LOL

So, Magister, have you done anything of all you talk about?

Degree
Where do you think I'm wrong? More successful people have been telling that all the time.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I agree with @Magister, if we're not going to be dishonest about what he typed.

A lot, and I'd venture to say most, people that end up achieving a full time status in business did so in the few hours they had after their day job and on the weekend after chores and whatever else. That's how I did it. Yes, I worked more total hours than the average person, but I worked maybe 25 hours on the business per week. This is the lower tier 4 figures per month Magister is talking about. Totally doable and pretty typical.

And then he's talking about the 5 and 6 figures per month. Once you go full time, if you're serious, you'll end up working some pretty wild hours at first. If you want to dig through the trenches of mud and piss fast, you're looking at long hours. There were years where I routinely did 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week until my brain forced me to take a single day off, which ended up being half-days anyways.

Eventually if you're not a moron, you start to automate and outsource and hire employees. Then you can return back to a normal lifestyle of 8 hours, 10 hours, and still have time to hit the gym, have a meal with the bros, tuck your kids into bed, etc.

Why in the world would I work a million hours a week if I'm making $100k per month, when I can hire every bit of it out, hire managers to run it all, and then scale further by increasing the team size. You can even hire people to hire and fire and train.

There is a period of time where you'll work like nobody else desires to work. Hopefully you graduate out of that mess. It's a rite of passage and a necessity and a barrier to entry into the big leagues. It's fun bragging rights too.

But that's not the end of the story. The end of the story is getting in 5,000 hours of other people's time per week while you do jack shit but enjoy the abundance of money and time that you earned.

Easier said than done though. I know most of us would start a new project to remain anxious and hungry about. People who break into the big time do this as a lifestyle, not as a path to escape an easier lifestyle.

But yes, newbies should be prepared to work a lot for a few years or even a decade if it takes that long, including sacrificing stuff, starting with time wasters, as Magister pointed out. Work efficiently so you can still have time to be human.

Degree
Bad food.

I have Crohn's disease and my body is just so done with the crap food I've been giving it. Have completely cut out sugar/trans fats and all sorts of things since the start of June. It's hard, I love sweets and junk food.

But what's the alternative? Feeling like crap and no energy? Not being able to go on vacations I can afford and have time for because of no energy for traveling?

I haven't been at 100% for 10+ years now because I rarely sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time without going to the bathroom. What could life be like if I could actually sleep 6+ hours straight regularly?

Discipline has always been easy for me with work/money but food has always been my weakness. But no more. I'd rather be able to travel and do things with my family vs have another candy bar.

Degree
Sometimes I just come back and re-read this thread to understand I'm not the only one making sacrifices. Am I willing to make sacrifices? Yes. Is the path to the top easy? Hell no. Am I going to make it even when I don't feel like working? Yes.

I'm grateful to have my girlfriend of the last 1.5 years to tell me it's okay to take a break. There are oftentimes moments where I wonder how much I would accomplish if I didn't set aside time for her, or if I'm really being fair to her by working so hard. But I apologize to her often and she knows I'm doing it so that we can go to the moon one day.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I made a pact with God & myself at a young age that I would be the one to change my whole family's future.

I always thought "Jesus on cross" was about sacrificing self to be the greatest you

Not that i came from the worst situation but I wasn't born to a situation where you had time to 'figure out who you want to be"

I want to be the person who completely changes that and leaves a legacy.

It's cool I've already had a little fame in my city for my son to come behind, but I'm far from done.............. I'll sacrifice everything but my soul / morals for that true LIBERTY, financial freedom, freedom of time, freedom of choice, generational security