Guest Post 4x DA10 links ? or 1x DA20 links ?

Degree
Hi, new here to the BuSo, glad to be here learning

Newbie question , we are currently working on a link profile for a ecommerce site. Can anyone advise to which would be more worth implementing ?

4x DA10 links ? or 1x DA20 links ?

Thanks

My first note would be that DA10 links are basically not worth anything.

556606z6ssc8w8x6g.jpg

That's a site with one link indexed by Moz and it's rated 14... I've seen sites with nothing but internal links showing at 10... (and no it's not some trick where it's from anything interesting... it's just a new site of mine that Moz hasn't got around to indexing ANY links to yet... the 1 LRD and 7 links are from... ITSELF... so I could buy 4 new domains, put some content on them, and sell you some DA10+ links in 6 months time apparently :wink: ).

But my second point is that Moz at the moment appears really slow at picking up new links. Here's the AHREFS stats for the same domain:

2v6fqf99lrlwwvf6g.jpg

So you don't really get much out of using Moz to measure metrics on any domains that have grown recently at the moment from what I can tell.

The second thing to understand is that these measures are logarithmic - so it's harder to go from 0-10 than 10-20 etc so 20 is actually way more ahead of 0 than 10 not 2x as far ahead.

And yes the Domain Rating above is high because a few of the 19 are DR60+ links. Yet none are showing in Moz months later...

But even putting all that aside about the shortcomings of using DA as an indicator, the actual quality of the site, relevance to your niche, real traffic they have, what type of link it is etc might all matter way more than the metrics anyway.

I ignore DA entirely these days and look at Majestic TF and a CF/TF ratio of less than 2.0. Have achieved much better results working to that formula.

So what is a good UR/DR according to AHREFS of a website for linking?
@stevebrownlie, I am looking for outreach services. But can't contact you because I am a newbie here.

I pretty much ignore TF these days and Majestic altogether. DA is not a good representation of domain power on it's own but if you take into consideration Ahrefs DR and Referring domains you can get a clear picture.
High DA - Low DR = Spam (in most cases)
High DA - High DR = Awesome

High authority sites have DR of 60+ and I avoid anything below 40.

To answer your question, 1x DA20 link is better because DA10 means it's a new or not so good site (my new site has like 3 nofollow links and DA14).
Check individual links with ahrefs and if it has links from high authority sites like magazines and news it's good to go no matter what the metrics say.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

So what is a good UR/DR according to AHREFS of a website for linking?
@stevebrownlie, I am looking for outreach services. But can't contact you because I am a newbie here.

I think you just need a couple more likes to be a full member/able to PM etc. If you start an intro thread and tell us all a little about yourself etc, people will usually show you some love as well as giving everyone the chance to get to know you, welcome you to the forums!

Back