Google Algorithm Updates - 2022 Ongoing Discussion

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Big whopper of an update just now, the biggest that's gotten to my sites in months.

Likely Update: April 6th, 2022

Semrush Sensor:
iKf976R.png

RankRanger:
pg5DV3C.png

CognitiveSEO:
Ngq9ckk.png

Looking like something serious is rumbling about. I've not seen a reaction to it yet on my sites. It could be the Product Reviews update rolling out still, or perhaps a tweak to it already. Hard to say anything yet.

Degree
I've def seen some movement on non-product sites.

mj22

War Mongering.
BuSo Pro
Degree
Im seeing gains across the board on multiple sites, I run ecomm sites tho. We also have heavy campaigns going to everything as far as link building goes, so...

harrytwatter

just be nice ffs
Degree
Perplexing update.. I'm working on a mom blog scrape project, 4-5 hours a day in Ahrefs looking at histories.. not seeing uniform patterns with the April and December PRUs of 2021 and this latest. Meaning some up in last rollouts down in this and vice versa.. PRUs don't seem to have consistent impact.. Typical Googs I guess?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm seeing some pretty major gains since yesterday.

Degree
Looks like another update.

Noticed one of my sites seems to have rolled back to previous ranking positions pre March Google Product Reviews update.

rnnO1Ki.png

tyealia

BuSo Pro
Degree
Looks like another update.

Noticed one of my sites seems to have rolled back to previous ranking positions pre March Google Product Reviews update.
this exactly, I saw a complete rollback on the hit I took, I took a 40% hit on previous update, this one bumped me 50%, with the 10% I assume was natural growth. Hope they don't try that again since my biggest hit was to my info content not my reviews.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree

Possible Update: May 1st, 2022

Advanced Web Ranking:
NZUITDz.png

Algoroo:
cFInOfe.png

Rank Ranger:
SOFBBFi.png

Semrush:
h09u1jt.png

SERPstat:
lJnwrc8.png

As usual these days, I've not had time to dig and see what's what, but I did notice one of my sites got an extra 1k sessions (which amounts to about a 16% increase).

mj22

War Mongering.
BuSo Pro
Degree
Somthing must be brewing, im seeing a bunch of odd movement. Anyone else seeing anything?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Somthing must be brewing, im seeing a bunch of odd movement. Anyone else seeing anything?
Yeah, there was an update on Mother's Day:

Update: May 8th

EY4YdBR.png

KqYfasN.png

fE7Rak4.png

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Possible Update: May 16th

Some of these volatility trackers are showing it, some aren't. But I definitely noticed an immediate 10% boost in traffic on one of my sites:

0S8VwVc.png

9dWNbFH.png

2aXQ8dB.png

Google has always pushed some kind of small update daily, you know. But it seems like the ones they've been releasing lately have produced a lot more volatility. For maybe the last year and a half, it seems like they may have sub-algorithms fighting sub-algorithms or something. Everything just feels less subtle.