BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
March 2018

jNEAyv2.png

It's here, whether you like it or not!

Thread Theme:

"How long you gonna stay here, Joe?"
We're all Joe in this song. But they're right. There's a free wind blowing through our hair. This is the month of changes. We're entering Spring. It's time to stop wishing on fallen stars and time to take matters into our own hands.

My challenge to all of you this month, in addition to your normal goals, is to elevate your viewpoint on even one single aspect of your business. What can you let go of? If you're like me, you have a stranglehold on quality control, which is hurting your ability to scale. Or maybe you don't want to invest the money into accelerating growth. You're still waiting for the bootstrapping to take off.

Whatever it is, it's time to let go.
To surrender is to find freedom. At the end of the day, the increase in income is more important than our ego's desire to maintain control of our products or to be able to show someone our site and have them go "wow, the content is so good, the site is so pretty." I honestly would rather them go "wow, that's fucking horrible" and me say "yeah, but I just sold it for $3,000,000 so it's obviously valuable."

As for me, I'm letting go by outsourcing an entire giant chunk of content that's 100% commercial in intent. It won't all rank immediately, but I'll get it out there aging. It'll cost me nothing more than a couple grand and some time formatting the posts. It'll be a lot faster than me trying to write it all myself. The sooner that content gets up, the better. We have to be aggressive if we're ever going to achieve our goals. Aggressive in monetization, aggressive in removing ourselves from the equation.

It's the dawn of a new time for us, if we'll have it.
What are your goals this month? More importantly, how will you make sure they get done?

Main Project
  • I want to outsource a big batch of money articles and get them back this month and start drafting them. It'd be great if I could get them all live.
  • I want to finish extending the length of some early content. I'm close to done, and have been picking them off 1 or 2 a day. I could finish that this month, but I won't let it get in the way of real progress.
  • I want to keep adding content to close the gap between myself and a specific competitor. I'm not far from finishing that either.
  • This site... I've got to get more aggressive about everything. I'm busting out of the plateau I hit but earnings keep fluctuating. Traffic is up but earnings are either stable or dip down as Google keeps making changes. The reality is that if I double the amount of content on the site, I should easily be doubling the revenue. But to do that I'll have to spend money on outsourcing. What a world.
Stackcash JV
  • This is moving along nicely. He'll finish the keyword research and topic modeling stuff we've been playing with. I think we should get the content outsourced, and if that's the case we can start posting it near months end.
  • I'm going to design the custom homepage and start getting some boilerplate content together, getting us as close to launch as ready so all we have to do is drop in the outsourced content and deal with it.
  • If we manage to do all of that, which is doubtful, I'll start on some preliminary linkbuilding.
Other
  • I'm toying with the idea of launching a service. If I do that, I have some preliminary work I need to do so it's all streamlined. A lot of the work is front-loaded, so if I'm going to do it I need to get started.

This month's goals will be the same as last month's revised goals: 10 posts spread across the 3 main sites. Last month, I nearly tripled that, but see it as necessary due to how close to burnout I am at work.

After focusing most of last month on my zero backlinking domain as planned I want to do the same thing this month. I am planning to try and put 20 hours per week into the zero backlinking domain while focusing on getting informational content out for it.

I still plan to try to listen to audible for at least an hour a day while also going to the gym each day and keeping upto date with a few blockchain techs out there. I also want to try get a format for buyers guides for the zero backlinking domain pencilled out.

Personal stuff... Before the end of this month, I am going to finish the two books I started (Slaughterhouse 5 and Zero to One). I've been amassing quite a library lately, looking forward to taking a bigger chunk out of it.

Going to keep my keto going strong, and going to keep hitting 10k steps a day.

Business stuff... I'm going to finish setting up a new site outline so that my pal can smash out content over the next few months before I need to hop in again. Going to meet up this week to get some product shots done and banked so we're full steam ahead.

Full steam ahead on my main site, and I also want to ramp up my client work over the next couple of months to re-fill the 'ol warchest in time for the 2nd half of 2018.

... and some other stuff that you guys will see soon enough, my goal with that is to complete work for three of you before April 1st :surprised:, I'll keep you posted on that!

I want to outsource a big batch of money articles and get them back this month and start drafting them. It'd be great if I could get them all live. - Well, this didn't even start to happen. I should have gotten the ball rolling on it so it'd be out of my hands and happening at least, but I didn't get around to it.

I want to finish extending the length of some early content. I'm close to done, and have been picking them off 1 or 2 a day. I could finish that this month, but I won't let it get in the way of real progress. - I picked at it, but it wasn't deemed important (which is why I said I need to pace it out). I'll get back on this and get it done this month. It's not a huge ordeal, I just have to grind at it till I can mark it off the list.

I want to keep adding content to close the gap between myself and a specific competitor. I'm not far from finishing that either. - I published a little bit, some of it covered this, but I didn't stay on target with it. It's not that important, more of just a motivation tactic on my end. I published, it just wasn't in this regard.

This is moving along nicely. He'll finish the keyword research and topic modeling stuff we've been playing with. I think we should get the content outsourced, and if that's the case we can start posting it near months end. - The content has begun being posted, thanks to the efforts of Stackcash. He actually wrote these first and most important posts himself. The rest will be outsourced.

I'm going to design the custom homepage and start getting some boilerplate content together, getting us as close to launch as ready so all we have to do is drop in the outsourced content and deal with it. - I've started working on this and came to the realization about HOW this needs to be done, which is among the first things I'll do this month. It's going to be 100x better to just buy the premium version of this theme than me try to work through their purposefully obfuscated and intertwined code.

If we manage to do all of that, which is doubtful, I'll start on some preliminary linkbuilding. - I did actually build out the main social profiles, which kind of counts. We discovered that even though we hand-registered the domain, it used to exist in our exact niche and has some existing links. I'll work on making sure those are indexed and re-crawled once we have more content on the site.

I'm toying with the idea of launching a service. If I do that, I have some preliminary work I need to do so it's all streamlined. A lot of the work is front-loaded, so if I'm going to do it I need to get started. - I got rolling on this too, which I deem one of the more important tasks I need to be focusing on. What I did was work on some of the marketing materials. Now it's time to turn toward the "preliminary work" which represents the bulk of the efforts, and I can get it done fairly quickly if I don't lallygag. Probably in a weeks time.

This month's goals will be the same as last month's revised goals: 10 posts spread across the 3 main sites. Last month, I nearly tripled that, but see it as necessary due to how close to burnout I am at work.

Goal achieved, and like last month, exceeded. Content was mostly written for the leading income site; the goal will be the same for April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back