Getting Sponsorship for YT Videos

Degree
I want to know how I can attract sponsors for my YT channel. It's a channel in a specific home related niche.

Some Data:
  • Audience is mostly from America, Canada and UK in the age group 25-34.
  • It's in a specific home related niche. Almost all the other channels in this niche have sponsors for almost every video.
  • My intention is to have 20-30 seconds long brand mentions within the video.
My questions:
  • Is there a specific number of subscribers or view count (avg. view/video) you should reach before sponsors take you seriously? Or is it random?
  • Is it better to contact probable sponsors directly or should I try to get myself into an influencer management agency?
  • How much I can get/charge per 1000 YT views for a video. Would be happy to see some data on this.
  • As I build my channel and subscriber base, how can I make my brand more valuable for future sponsors?
  • As a side note, I am looking for ways to connect better with my audience. Is there any guide or book on how to be real (not kidding) and make your viewers trust you? I think my content is of good quality (provides value and entertainment), but I want them to connect with me on a personal level as well.
Looking for any useful input from people familiar with YT.

Is there a specific number of subscribers or view count (avg. view/video) you should reach before sponsors take you seriously? Or is it random?
It's random. There are plenty of micro influencers with under 1,000 subscribers that work with brands, but they're often either paid a small sum or are paid through the form of free products. Just like with ads on a website, sometimes it's better to hold off until you're getting "x" number of views each day so you can get paid more.

I remember back in 2013 when the first influencer marketing platform was developed for YouTube- they required 5,000 subscribers to become a member.
Is it better to contact probable sponsors directly or should I try to get myself into an influencer management agency?
Influencer management agencies only take on large channels. After all, they get paid a % of each brand deal, so it's not worth their time conversing with brands for $20.
How much I can get/charge per 1000 YT views for a video. Would be happy to see some data on this.
This is difficult to answer because of all the factors involved. A brand partnership where you promote a $1,000 table would be easier to charge more money for, as only a sale or two would need to be made for the brand to be profitable.

Maybe try running an niche-specific AdWords campaign, figuring out the average cost per view (CPV) and then charging a bit less than the average CPV?
As I build my channel and subscriber base, how can I make my brand more valuable for future sponsors?
Make sure you create content that attracts the ideal target audience of brands you'd like to work with. Also, make sure your videos are brand-friendly (no swear-filled rants, lol).
As a side note, I am looking for ways to connect better with my audience. Is there any guide or book on how to be real (not kidding) and make your viewers trust you? I think my content is of good quality (provides value and entertainment), but I want them to connect with me on a personal level as well.
Do you ever give your opinions on things in your videos? Doing so can help humanize your videos a bit more. Instead of just saying "here's this table, it's brown" you would chime in with an opinion like "the brown looks nice, but I wonder what white would look like" etc.

There used to be a website for Youtubers to post submit their channel to different offers.

Like a shoutcart for YouTubers, high end sponsors.

I am not sure if I can find it but i'll try tomorrow.

Last edited:
It's random. There are plenty of micro influencers with under 1,000 subscribers that work with brands, but they're often either paid a small sum or are paid through the form of free products. Just like with ads on a website, sometimes it's better to hold off until you're getting "x" number of views each day so you can get paid more.
Thank you so much for the help @DanielS. Yes, I'm going to wait for a bit until I start approaching brands. Well, my operation costs are much lower than other competing channels in the niche, but I have the same audience. I'd break even on each video with even a $100 sponsorship. (lol). Do you think brands will hesitate to pay that much for a mention? My subscribers are climbing steadily, albeit slowly.

I remember back in 2013 when the first influencer marketing platform was developed for YouTube- they required 5,000 subscribers to become a member.

Yes, this is one major roadblock for me, because I can't get into the official YouTube brand partnership program due to not having a US address, despite the majority of my viewers being from USA.

Influencer management agencies only take on large channels. After all, they get paid a % of each brand deal, so it's not worth their time conversing with brands for $20.
Ok. What in you view is a large channel, in terms of average views and subscriber count?

This is difficult to answer because of all the factors involved. A brand partnership where you promote a $1,000 table would be easier to charge more money for, as only a sale or two would need to be made for the brand to be profitable.

Maybe try running an niche-specific AdWords campaign, figuring out the average cost per view (CPV) and then charging a bit less than the average CPV?
Will keep this in mind.

Make sure you create content that attracts the ideal target audience of brands you'd like to work with. Also, make sure your videos are brand-friendly (no swear-filled rants, lol).
Brand friendly- yep it is. No need to do weird things to attract attention in my niche, because people are there for a purpose.

Do you ever give your opinions on things in your videos? Doing so can help humanize your videos a bit more. Instead of just saying "here's this table, it's brown" you would chime in with an opinion like "the brown looks nice, but I wonder what white would look like" etc.

That's a great tip. Will keep this in mind. I plan on bringing in our dog into the videos(yeah).

There used to be a website for Youtubers to post submit their channel to different offers.

Like a shoutcart for YouTubers, high end sponsors.

I am not sure if I can find it but i'll try tomorrow.

@EyesExist which website is that?

Do you think brands will hesitate to pay that much for a mention? My subscribers are climbing steadily, albeit slowly.
How many subscribers do you currently have? But also, more importantly, how many views have you gotten in the last 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days? At the end of the day, brands pay to have their products seen, so they tend to value views more than subscriber count.
Ok. What in you view is a large channel, in terms of average views and subscriber count?
Well, I know a year or so back there was a study that was done that determined that 90% (or more) of the people that create a YouTube channel will never pass 1,000 subscribers, and 95% will never pass 10,000 subscribers. So, knowing this, you can see that a "large" channel isn't as large as you'd think. Famebit (which was the website @EyesExist was referencing) had a 5,000 subscriber requirement, so I'd strive for this.

In regards to views, this is difficult to answer because there are channels with 1,000 subscribers that get 10x more views than channels with 10,000 subscribers. 300+ organic views daily is something 90-95% of channels never achieve in my experience (to put things in perspective).

In regards to views, this is difficult to answer because there are channels with 1,000 subscribers that get 10x more views than channels with 10,000 subscribers. 300+ organic views daily is something 90-95% of channels never achieve in my experience (to put things in perspective).

Haven't touched my channel in years and I'd still feel bad if i didn't get 300+ organic views but i did a lot of work in my YT days.

500+ videos, original content..directed, filmed, planned by me for 85% .. then prmoted myself

You can use Reddit + FB groups and get 300+ organic views daily

You can use Reddit + FB groups and get 300+ organic views daily
Of course! I should have added- 300+ organic views daily from YouTube- not external websites. At the end of the day, views are views, but many people struggle to get YouTube to promote their videos for them.

Back