CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
oW5xapi.jpg

"Compelling" Content

Now that I got all the small posts that were clogging up my head out of the way. We got the foundation of your sites build, your customer profiles created, your demographic trends researched, now it's time to create some "engaging" content - and here is the key, we are going to create content that's engaging for THAT particular platform we are trying to traffic leak.

Right now all your content ideas, are just that - random ideas, with no proven track-record of working or even being viral worthy. Just because you think something will hit, doesn't mean it will, and at the same time we aren't here to win New York Best Seller awards for being a top author.

THIS HAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD.

Traffic leaks have NOTHING to do with generating original content. You CAN generate original content, but you have to master understanding clickbaiting headlines. Then you have to master trolling to understand how to navigate through muddy waters. Traffic leaks also have NOTHING to do with your on-site. It's best your on-site is on-point but regardless people don't know what they are going to get when they click through to your site.

If you have a one page lander that's just a sign-up form like I did with my old case study, http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/165861-case-study-additional-traffic-sources.html - then so be it. But we fixed or are fixing your foundation so when traffic gets there you are maximizing the potential and building a growing audience - but regardless, traffic leaks at it's essence is just about moving traffic from one place to another. As you continue practicing different subtle and not so subtle methods, you'll get better and better and generating traffic on-demand until you can wake up and generate 100K to any website in the world within any niche within 24 hours, and not think twice.

This content creation is different, since it's not just about creating content you like or think your audience likes, and doing some bullshit keyword research like this is SEO, we're actually going to use research of what people like seeing in each platform. :wink:

"Creating" Content

Sneaky mofo CCarter - It's not a re-post, but you may have seen it before... :wink:

I know a couple of bloggers find previously engaging content then "add"/"expand" to it like Brian Dean (http://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique), a friend, so they're on the right path, but that's for SEO. We're going to go into underdog mode.

Keyword research is important for your niche for various reasons. Some of them include knowing what hashtags to use (http://www.tagsforlikes.com/ & How to Use Hashtags on Every Social Media Network), and what to input into search boxes of social platforms and on-site search engines for websites to figure out if there are traffic leaking opportunities. Making sure to have narrow searches as well as general searches within your niche. Every major website has a search feature at some level, even if they do not, doing a :site:www.domain.com keyword_phrase" within Google can yield very informative results.

KWFinder.com and KeywordShitter.com

First we need the niche level keyword search, so take the main keyword for your niche, head on over to KWFinder.com and create a free account, then input your keyword, in my case "SEO Metrics", it'll pull a list of about 100 additional keywords, you can save that list in the interface for later, but also export. Look over the first level of keywords. If you find something you like, like 5 additional ones that create a narrower focus, click them and go down another level - creating a 2nd - 6th list. So now you've got your main keyword, and 5 narrower keywords, ideas should start forming in your head about topics you can write about, but don't jump the gun just yet, cause you don't know how to engage just yet.

What's crucial is to look at the Volume (Search) and CPC, that'll tell you what's going on in terms of search traffic for that. If you've got CPCs going in the $10- $50 range you are in a competitive niche. Competition is great since that tells you there is a huge market that can be traffic leaked for days. Looking at your narrowed down terms you should see a lower CPC, but that should also allow you to gauge for opportunity.

You want to have high search volume and high CPC - Why, cause if you are making an MFA site using the same example I used in my Audience Psychology thread, A CPC of only $0.05 (assuming you were getting 100% revenue from Google, which you are not, you only take "68%" home - https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/180195?hl=en) it would take 200K visitors at a 1% CTR (Click Thru Rate) to make a measly $100 a day. Maybe you can play with your Ad positioning and get 2% or even 4%, but that'll only change the numbers to 100K or 50K visitors respectively, still not worth it for $100. But if you are in niches which get $10-$20 CPC, you making $100 would only take 5 to 10 clicks, at 1% CTR that's only 500 to 1,000 visitors a day needed. That's why you have to do proper market research before entering a niche. The potential revenue you are generating is going to matter on how much advertisers are willing to give you for a click.

In my "seo metrics" scenario, I am seeing $10 to $30 CPC for various keywords - if I were to make an MFA (Made For Adsense) site, I'd sort by the highest CPCs first, and concentrate on generating content for those keywords (doesn't matter where I rank in SERPs since it's be on-site displays advertisement - don't get the two confused).

Now head on over to my dude SecretAgentDad's Keywordshitter.com - yeah that's the name, and input your niche's main keyword into their along with your 2nd level 5 other narrower terms - let it run for about 1-2 minutes or until you get to 500 terms. You can get volume for these new terms using KWFinder.com again or another tool if you only went with the free version of KWFinder. It will pull all the Google Suggested terms like UbberSuggests (http://ubersuggest.org/), does into the textarea field, save those keywords in file called "GoogleSuggest.txt" or something similar. I suggest looking over all your keywords and removing ones you don't like or have a negative connotation if there is no way to spin content for it. I personally have a "master.txt" keyword file which I put the best terms for my website that I want to gear content and topics towards, I prefer they have high CPC, but that's not required. I like having my "master.txt" for quicker references, and keep it to about 20 terms. Absorb these master terms into your subconscious - I cannot explain how to do that, you just have to.

You'll be going back and forth with those master keywords, Google Suggested keywords, and listed keywords and inputing them into the different platforms to see what people are talking about and saying regarding those terms, since they are the most relevant/related to your main term. Since the top 100k Alexa websites have 100,000 website, having thousands of keywords is completely useless unless you are a botter/coder. Knowing the main niche and top 5 additional terms (2nd level), you'll be able to input those terms into each platform's search function to gauge what people like talking about on that platform and understand what type of content to create.

Headlines

You SHOULD NOT be brainstorming random ideas that you have about creating content. We aren't here to win content writing awards. We are here simply for one thing - traffic. We also aren't here to create "original" content like SEO's have been duped into believing is the way to the top of "marketing, since it's the "way to the top of SEO". We are here for TRAFFIC, that's fucking it, that's the heart and sole of this operation. THIS HAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD.

Now it's time for a crash course in clickbaiting - Take a look at the "Copyblogger-Headlines.rtf" file (http://www.trafficleaks.com/resources/Copyblogger-Headlines.rtf). Absorb that into your consciousness.

Now take a look at the "Article-Ideas.txt" file (http://www.trafficleaks.com/resources/Article-Ideas.txt). Absorb that into your consciousness.

I swear if your brains' gears are not turning by now - you're in a coma, but I'll get you out. Your head should be spinning with ideas, but don't pull the trigger just yet on jotting down title ideas.

MetaReddit

Now go to http://metareddit.com/ and type in your niche term - "SEO metrics" in our example, into the search box (top right). Zero fucking results, goddamn. Next I tried "SEO Tools", got a cloud with 4 possibilities. Let's visit each subreddit to see what's going on. When you click on a tag, it gives you a quick run-down of what's going on with that subreddit, some related subreddits, the subreddit's wiki, and other useful info you should know before entering any subreddit, trust me, you want to know what's up with a subreddit in and out before attacking. Know your enemy and yourself, you'll win a thousand battles. What I got:

#1 - http://www.reddit.com/r/ajaxunion - Last post 1 year ago, seems almost abandoned, 16 subs, not really worth it, but can drop in a random post just to see if any traffic comes out of it, but I will be moving on. (If I really wanted to I could ask to take over that subreddit due to the lack of activity, there is some process for this, in the original Traffic Leak thread, I point to a thread by (O_o) macbook.hope which goes into details about how to do this).

#2 - http://www.reddit.com/r/SEOTools - Last post 2 months ago, but has 129 subs, might be worth it, can drop in a top 10 list for 2015 or something that might get picked up.

#3 - http://www.reddit.com/r/socialmedia - Last post 10 hours ago, 17K subs, now we're talking. I'd probably study this for about 3-4 weeks, visiting all the topics which have the highest votes and seeing what's hot, getting the style, then start pouncing with simple replies at first and other comments to help. I literally will wait till a point where I've created 20 submissions till I start thinking about pushing my stuff, and even then I'd go in with a self.reddit for the first several while still promoting other people's content, 19 for every one of mine. The first self.reddit would probably be a social media guide or updated, wouldn't even talk about my tool. I'll use my main account so I'm in it for the long haul, no manipulation, just strengthening my brand. Depending on the reception I'll probably start dropping my service every now and then after 2-3 months - yeah I told you I'm in it for the long haul, if I was trolling my way to the top, then i'd start with 3-4 weeks, but that's not my goal here.

#4 - http://www.reddit.com/r/trueSEO - 129 subs, seems like a simple offset that was trying to take on another. 2 months ago was the last post, I can probably get something in there that'll stay obviously for a year+ on the main section of this, since there is so little action, could be nice trickle for years, but for the most part, there will not be a lot of commitment. I can take over the subreddit if I go through the long submission route, but worth it, I dunno. I'm not here to become a MOD or control the zoo animals, I'm here to generate traffic - ironically it's more freedom to being a user then being a MOD of a place, a lot less work too.​

^^ So that's me evaluating what subreddit I can go after just from the one term "SEO Tools". Input the other 5 keywords (2nd level), into MetaReddit and continue creating a list of potential subreddits organized by subscriptions and last posts time. Here is another shortcut for you guys:

http://www.trafficleaks.com/resources/750-Popular-Subreddits.xlsx

[ Classified ] Pawnwage

Now as a CC9 head over to the GROUP PM, and reference the [ Classified ] "Reddit Pawnage" technique. Just with that you should be able to generate at least 1000 visitors total for each post on command after the first several tries, afterwards as you increase in skill 10K for each post, then eventually the 7th degree blackbelt 100K visitors.

At around 10K you should start exploring different platforms as well - no point in just traffic leaking one platform and being reliant on a single source for traffic, plus if you targeted a general audience on reddit, the bounce rate is going to be through the roof, other platforms not so much, but if you've mastered navigating reddit waters without being banned, shadow-banned, or kicked, other platforms should be a walk in the park.

BuzzSumo

Now head over to http://buzzsumo.com, and type in your niche term - SEO Tools in my case since I found our that SEO Metrics is just not that hot. Now what buzzsumo does is give you an organized list of content that people have shared by descending sharing amounts by the different platforms. There are filters on the side by type and date.

At this point you should be able to figure this one out, you can simply do the Brian Dean "improve upon" technique to take content that's hot and re-word/re-write it for your website OR to your platform which you want to traffic leak from. Remember the first self.reddits I would create for exposure for my reddit username? I would simple use content which I knew was already hot, "re-word them in my words", then post it to reddit or a forum I'm looking to increase my authority on. You already know it's hot since people are sharing it, at this point it's just about putting your own twist, and finding a platform where there is enough traffic to make a difference.

Remember content just doesn't go on YOUR site, it has to go on other platforms and other people's site to drive traffic. So if you find guestposting opportunities you now know how to create compelling content that will get shared. Once you are on the grand stage, you have to engage the audience with what they want to hear and like sharing to spread the word about your brand versus just what you think you should talk about. Your brain is the least authoritative place to create compelling/engaging content at the current moment - if it wasn't - we wouldn't be here right now, so don't trust your brain, trust metrics on what people like seeing, reading, and sharing.

Another resource: (Optional)

- http://faqfox.com/ - Click on tag for predefined, it was literally created to find hot topics within a site.

- Writing Tips: How to Come Up With 50 Topic Ideas in 30 Minutes

Newspaper resources: (Optional)

My way is to use a custom bot I've created with these as using the Google "site:" search with the following newspaper sites + "keyword". Being a coder I have a script that scrapes sites within a given keyword within Google. Example, it uses the "site:www.domain" command with my keyword to search within every single newspaper site across the USA. (Example query: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.cnn.com+skin+care&tbs=qdr:d - note the last variable '&tbs=qdr:d' meant to search for within the last 24 hours)

List of UK Newspapers: http://www.wickedfire.com/traffic-and-content/174027-how-get-news-paper-links-uh-oh.html

List of USA Newspapers: http://www.trafficleaks.com/resources/USA-News-Paper-List.xls

^^ If you are clever enough you can comment on recent news topics by doing this search everyday and coattail the latest on the sites which allow comments.

RSS feed: (Optional)

I also have use Vienna the RSS Reader (Mac OS X) and input the RSS feed for Google's Blog search.
URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=seo+tools&tbm=blg&output=rss&tbs=qdr:d

^ notice the last variable is the same '&tbs=qdr:d' meant to search for today's date. You get a nice list of RSS feed from Google of blogs which were updated today! :wink: Just open up your RSS Reader and refresh that sucker whenever. It aggregates the URLs for you. I have mine set to update every 5 mins, Depending on your settings, amount of keywords, you might want to put it longer.

For SERPWoo I would do: https://www.google.com/search?q=seo+metrics&tbm=blg&output=rss&tbs=qdr:d&num=100

^^ added 100 results with that '&num=100' variable :wink: - but that query is very very low in terms of anything, would also input the "seo tools" into Vienna and as well as the main keyword and my five 2nd level keywords into that query url then input all that separately into my RSS reader.

So if you are going down the "comment on new/fresh content" route like the discontinued NicheOutReach web app was designed to do, you can substitute this and generate new comment and have the freshness factor. (But with this you should really comment on sites with low Alexa, (high traffic) - otherwise you are wasting energy that can be used to traffic leak another opportunity with higher traffic numbers.

SEO Watching: (Optional)

I also put my main keyword and five 2nd level keywords into SERPWoo in a separate project then the google suggests into another project - just so I can get a read on what's going on SEO wise, a news site might pop up into the SERPs where I can comment. Start monitoring and tracking niches, and looking for potential traffic opportunities within the SERPs - one removed, meaning if you can't get traffic directly from the SERPs, get the traffic from where the SEO traffic lands. You can find reddits subreddits, social media topics, and more if mentioned.

Don't think, copy, or rather mimic, or rather "re-word". We're in it for the traffic. Now you know how to create content that gets shared and guaranteed engagement on whatever platform you are traffic leaking.

Homework #2 (#1 was within the Reddit Pawnage Group PM): Create 100 compelling titles for your brand - no descriptions, just title - minimum 20% should be polarizing, minimum 20% should be pawnage worthy. Send this to me via Private CC9 PM. With each title, post the website platform you would post the content on. (Should be obvious, but hint: Doesn't have to be original content unless you want to add your spin, but you can't post a subreddit to the same subreddit, let's get creative).

P.S.: This was a partial brain-dump spun into works and paragraphs, if there is anything you want me to expand upon, let me know...

Quick update - writing compelling content in itself is an art form. You have to write for the audience you want to target on their platform. Reddit is one of the tougher places to "promote" anything, in fact you shouldn't really be promoting but educating is the key. They HATE fluff and will call you out on it. So I sat in /r/seo for months on end watching what people liked what they didn't like, then I created my game plan. This is where people fail - they skip the part where I say I "watched it for MONTHS". They go in and watch it for a day or at most a week and think they got the sub-reddit or platform wrapped around their finger and just spam the shit out of it with their nonsense and they learn the hard way not to do that ever again...

Education is the key if you are in a service oriented niche. Entertainment is the key for entertainment everyday stuff. Put both of those together and bam you got a winning formula:

7inJsNc.jpg

^^ I will say this, once I got going I started getting more controversial with my content and noticed that got higher upvotes then anything. The sub-reddit is extremely small but they still don't hold back if it's just nonsense you are posting.

There were posts we did create that we didn't submit because they weren't right for the platform, I know that flat out. Anything that has a self-interest never went up to certain platforms. I didn't only do this on Reddit though, I used inbound.org as well for a while:

FY9Xycf.jpg

^^ Those were just two, but we had like 5 up there through out the week, and at one point we had 3 of the front page positions all at once.

oGqG1p7.png

^^ a little over a week, and this includes 5 articles total that went out in the time period to these platforms. We really didn't do a lot with our facebook, 99% of that traffic are FB groups that I have no idea who they are.

Also this little experiment showcases it doesn't matter "How Often" you publish - too frequently is not a problem, as long as the content is REALLY Good.

Did all this result in traffic, hell yeah. The topics with the most traffic were the more controversial ones - And I didn't even really turn up the dial, I've got some bombs coming later on that is going to cause a ruckus. Did this result in new sign-ups, yes. It also resulted in several publications creating content around our article in a curation format, so now we got new backlinks from PR 4-7 from all this "quality content" activity. I've got Facebook activities from people posting the content into their groups. I've got Linkedin activities from people doing the same.

One thing I will say is - ALL the content had to have meat on it - meaning actionable items that a DIYer (Do-It-Yourself-er) can commit to or downloads, or something that takes action. If someone reads a piece of content and the only next option in their mind is to "call you", then you've written nothing but self-promotional shit, that'll get downvoted, ghosted, banned, or whatever quickly. Step by step guides are great, Lists where people can click through and do other stuff are great too. Newbies tips are one of my favorites to do - but it needs real actionable items.

Example, if you are selling SEO to the dentist niche, create content that not only talks about why they should focus on local SEO, but also link them to "Google My Business", "YellowPages", "Yelp", and other places they can sign up. Give them stuff to do, lots of it. And explain the nuances of different things. At some point they'll realize this is "over their heads" and come to you as the expert OR they'll appreciate it, and PM you questions and might end up hiring you OR better yet, sending you referrals, cause you have actionable items that ACTUALLY helped them.

No one wants to read an article that adds no value to their lives and ended up just being fluff, don't create that. And if you are "scared" they might do it themselves (your to-do list), guess what? They will IF they really wanted to. They can google any of the things you do and figure it out. But you came to their community and create nice instructions and easy to follow guides, that makes YOU an expert to them in their community. Engage them and they'll come send you referrals for days, months, and years. I still get referrals from content that I wrote years ago, because they all had "meat" on them. That self-promotional shit some of you guys put out ain't going to get you nowhere...

I'll use my main account so I'm in it for the long haul, no manipulation, just strengthening my brand.

I would've thought it would be best to drop links as an innocent 3rd party person. All things being equal (only dropping your link 5% or 10% of the time), it would always be less obvious to not have an affiliation to your site.

Can you explain why you'd want to use your brand name as an account name on this platform?

Does you also want to use your brand on other social media sites when you're dropping links on another person's page? When is it better to appear as an unrelated 3rd party?

Does what you offer on your site make a difference? For instance, you're an SEO expert. But I may just write a news/opinion blog for my industry. Would this change my strategy?

Can you explain why you'd want to use your brand name as an account name on this platform?
Cause I'm genuinely trying to help people. I stay away from "percentages" and link to content that will help others. Look at what we do here at BuSo. You know I own SERPWoo, but I'm not dropping my SAAS every 5% of my posts. I'll drop it in the appropriate places, when people as questions about it, but overall I'm here to help and guide newbies and answer questions. If you are genuine you can get away with murder.

When is it better to appear as an unrelated 3rd party?
When you are pretty much just blatantly spamming and don't really care about the platform you are at. I advise against this until you become a level 9000 troll first.

Does what you offer on your site make a difference?
It does make a difference. If you just have an amazon affiliate site or adsense, you'd better have a really great reason for dropping your link otherwise you'll get called out for spamming - meaning really great content - quality stuff.

But I may just write a news/opinion blog for my industry. Would this change my strategy?

If you pass yourself off as an expert in your field and your answers are genuine then you are good in my opinion. Try staying away from percentages, and just try to help, you'll eventually get into the flow of the conversation like a dance, and then you'll be able to flow the traffic your way. Take a look at the Art of Commenting thread I created, it should help you out tremendously.

MetaReddit

Now go to http://metareddit.com/ and type in your niche term - "SEO metrics" in our example, into the search box (top right). Zero fucking results, goddamn. Next I tried "SEO Tools", got a cloud with 4 possibilities.

This was the exact same case with my niche - I still ended up posting stuff in the dead subreddits. However, I came up with another option inspired by a competitor that created their own LinkedIn group ruled with an iron fist. (Read: they have commissar-tier moderators will ban you if you link your stuff, even if it's genuine help)

Make Your Own
This can be somewhat time intensive because you have to go through the process of creating your own Subreddit. However, the benefits can be myriad:
1. You control the spice. I started out my own niche forum by posting articles from different sites in my niche that I wasn't necessarily competing with. You should follow CCarter's formula in all cases with traffic leaks when it comes down to the nitty gritty - posting that should be helpful in nature, and sales oriented when it makes sense to do so.

If you are forced to create your own subreddit because all of the other ones are dead or they're dying - congrats! This means that months down the line, you will be the new trailblazer and people will be coming to your forum to talk. People will ask you for things and not for the other way around. Being a thoughtleader in your space is one of the most powerful positions to be in.

In my case, I linked to blogs that talk about SaaS in my niche rather than the actual SaaS sources. I'd also once in a while link to posts from my own blog, with content that was relevant to the theme of the Subreddit.

2. On Promotion - With our blog as well as in some advertising, we've been encouraging people to start coming to the subreddit. This part has been understandably slow considering the lack of actual forums for people who work in my niche. I've been attempting to reach out to people to understand what exactly they'd want in an open forum. I've noticed that subreddits and forums in my space tend not to pan out (or worse - get hit by spam), so taking extra care is important.

It's up to you to figure out why there aren't any active gathering points for what you want to do, but I noticed that those were the issues in mine.

Reddit became popular because the founders and some of their friends would make posts to act as if the place was more lively (Source - https://reddit.com/r/technology/comments/velo5/ [Ars Technica]). I think it's quite fitting that you should do the same with your space to make it look like it's flourishing, especially if you have trouble getting people to join in the beginning. People love bandwagoning!

Hope that helped, and let me know if there's anything else that you think would be important to add.

Example of Compelling content GOLD. Since Halloween's coming around The folks at Influenster.com came up with a beautifully done map of each State and what their favorite candies were (based off surveys):

DIK1BT6.png

^^ They've even got the social icons right on the images so you can immediately share this, they are doing it right.

Sauce: America's Favorite Halloween Candy State By State

What's interesting is the echoing effect - places like MarketPlace.or summarized the people really like Candy Corn, and then linked to the original Influenster.com article:

Sauce: America loves candy corn, apparently

Now it's all over twitter trending and a ton of other places are picking up the article and content and running with it. It's polarizing cause apparently there are two types of people, ones that love candy corn and ones that actually hate candy corn: https://twitter.com/i/moments/789491050779971588

--

Things like state by state maps, country by country comparison, and interactive charts added an new layer of data users can play around with and engage. So when creating "content" don't just go for the lazy route of "words" and "images", but take it up a notch and you'll be rewarded MORE by major outlets and authority brands that will drive in traffic to you forever.

Here is an example of using D3.js with the World Bank showing who is being awarded contracts:

uWIVFC2.png

Direct link: http://d3.artzub.com/wbca/

^^ that's insane. You can check out more examples at https://d3js.org/

You can also check out this list of 13 JavaScript Libraries to Create Interactive & Customized Maps.

I would've thought it would be best to drop links as an innocent 3rd party person. All things being equal (only dropping your link 5% or 10% of the time), it would always be less obvious to not have an affiliation to your site.

Works like a charm sometimes. Generated a lot of traffic with a testing site. A buddy of mine set up ubot for twitter with spintax to autoreply on twitter profiles as his brand name though(3rd party worked well as a blog comment, generating almost 450 traffic/day from a big site). Generated about 1k traffic from one auto reply as a brand from his twitter account

Example of Compelling content GOLD. Since Halloween's coming a/ round The folks at Influenster.com came up with a beautifully done map of each State and what their favorite candies were (based off surveys):

what would be your preferred method for using/ promoting a map?

what would be your preferred method for using/ promoting a map?
I'm a bit confused to your question. Using?

You should be sending this to your audience (email, twitter and other social media), within your network - example if you have industry experts that can help you spread the piece, using blog posts to talk about the different data. For example Google updates SERPWoo has our Global volatility metrics, that people use to monitor the SERPs and talk about what's going on within the industry once a new update happens. You can do that same within your industry - create a metric, map, tool that people use, and they will help spread it for you.

Using exactly a MAP, in my scenario we can extrapolate the data on a USA state by state or city by city basis, and show which states or cities have the biggest increase or drops in local rankings, or specific rich data based on the location data.

OR

We can use the exact candy map example and show that New York state local SERPs and local users prefer YellowPages versus Texas who prefer Yelp for restaurant reviews. Montana prefers Google reviews and Rhode Island weirdly prefers BBB.org for restaurant reviews.

That example sort of promotes itself, SEOs will be able to point their clients and arguments that New Yorkers really don't like Yelp.com, so don't bother concentrating your efforts on Yelp reviews there but YellowPages instead. I'm making all this data up, I haven't done the in-depth analysis of what each state residences prefer within the SERPs... yet.

Did I answer your question?

@Boy mentioned Priceonomics, and there are other websites which are dedicated to showcasing data like Trading Economics that I used to show the US Money Supply

I wanted to share with you guys an illustration of why this work:

--

When you have raw data, can be from a free source like the US government, that's great, but taking that data and getting it to the Story level means you'll help people who are looking for, and reporting on, the information you are presenting. You would already have done the hard work on getting the data, sorting it, arranging, presenting it visually, and even a story.

So what does that mean? Backlinks for you, traffic for you, growth of your brand, and becoming an expert in your industry/niche. And all you did was make data look pretty.

200.gif

Back