Coronavirus Hysteria

People are forgetting there's an incubation period, also the virus won't kill you instantly. Italy also started at a low mortality rate, but the deaths you see now may be from 1-2 week old infections.

Even after pretty strict quarantine in Italy, New infections are coming in daily,abd deaths are increasing, due to that lag.

It may be more fruitful to look at the ratio: dead/(dead+recovered). The block of people that are infected are still pending, and will in the end either be dead or recovered.

The infections in the US are through the roof the last few days, but those cases are still not determined yet, give it a week or two, and you'll see more deaths.

There's no reason the mortality rate in the US won't increase or be higher/equal to other first world countries.

If anything, the population as a whole is more unhealthy than many other first world countries (obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc). Italy has an older population though.

Obesity, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, and so forth are all 'pre-existing conditions'.

There's no reason the mortality rate in the US won't increase or be higher/equal to other first world countries.

If anything, the population as a whole is more unhealthy than many other first world countries (obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc). Italy has an older population though.

Obesity, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, and so forth are all 'pre-existing conditions'.

Absolutely agree on this................... I honestly think they are about to infect the military as well.......................already happening to first responders in NYC....

However, i think most are underestimating the power of money. There's so much money up for grabs behind this situation, I can't imagine this going as long as people think. Its' a race to become a multi-multi-billionaire or add billions to a company.

Don't Italians talk with their hands a lot?

Maybe that's the clue.

Just kidding folks.... or am I? Get outta here!

tumblr_m6v9lyXMNx1rq5uako1_500.gif

One reason Italy might be hard hit is, underlying issues.

We have touched on age as an issue, but didn't Italy do a big push recently on vaccines for things like meningitis?

I'm not saying the vaccine caused it, but if you are a country pushing for more and more vaccines, especially for bacterial issues, then maybe you have an issue with outbreaks in the country already. That people might already have issues with health in your country.

It looks like Italy wasn't big on vaccines until recently ( last few years ) in children going to school.

What’s ironic now is people are encouraging single use plastics like straws, cups, and a ton of other shit when just some months ago people would look at you like a child killer at restaurants for using a straw.

It’s crazy how mob mentality operates. This is why I wouldn’t depend on anyone, especially the government, to come and help you or your family.

You gotta raise your kids yourself, teach them what schools won’t and make sure they never rely on anyone for their survival.

The conversations IRL are extremely humble, everyone scared. Why though? Cause everyone else is scared. Think for yourselves folks.

The Deep State of BuSo has started it’s first campaign already. Pretty soon there will not be any free speech left.

A crisis is always good to suss out the real psychopats, not just those who like to be edgy, but those who see no problem scamming the money from orphans. They do exist.

A crisis is always good to suss out the real psychopats, not just those who like to be edgy, but those who see no problem scamming the money from orphans. They do exist.
Very true. It's interesting to see people showing their true colours now.

Especially the people who sell overpriced masks and other equipment, but also those self-proclaimed experts who know that "this is like the normal flu, just a little worse". Countries are shutting down, economies are going down and people, companies and nations are losing millions of dollars. Add to that all the infected people and people who have died. Yet, these Internet experts know better.

And all the people who doesn't care because they think it won't affect them. Indifferent to spreading it so that elderly people die. I don't know how many times I've heard people say "it's only elderly people dying". I'm a bit surprised to see so much lack of empathy in this politically correct western society. It goes to show that it's just virtue signaling for the most of them.

Anyway, Corona is very infectious. But also young people are being hospitalized and put in respirators. Thus, we come to a point (like Italy) where the hospitals are full - so they have to choose who's going to live and who's going to die. That's why young people are starting to die here in Europe now.

In the country where I live, doctors and nurses have started to call in "sick" or simply not showing up for work. So the hospitals are short on staff, because they are scared of getting Corona. Add the equipment shortage to that. Crazy times.

Rant over.

Certainly interesting, but also confusing.

• Selling masks more expensive because of supply and demand
  • Making a lot of money from medication
  • Making a lot of money from supplements
  • Asking a lot of money for hospital
  • Keeping more money to yourself than the minimum needed while many people die of poverty
  • Buying products that are clearly bad for the environment
  • Making people pay a lot of money for housing
See nothing really new that hasn't happened for years. Only the seller who is now trying to earn more from his stock of masks is called a psycho. Or are the other people in the list likewise?

The Deep State of BuSo is at it again...

Every single day I wake up to tons of new "reports" about this thread... Every. Single. Day.

C4iJQXJ.gif

Some people just want to delete ALL threads related to CoronaVirus/COVID-19.

Others are reporting specific individuals.

I can only hold the walls of Jericho up for so long, the Deep State is determined to silence freedom.

giphy.gif

The reality is people have been saying crazy shit on the internet for a long time. AND if you can't figure out who's trolling, who's traffic leaking, versus who's batshit crazy - are you even a marketer?

Either grow some balls and counter the person's argument you disagree with or ignore them.

Don't waste our time with this. We're not volunteer for free to read over two dozen reports in the morning about crying and whining.

There is a reason this thread was split and called Hysteria from the original thread about eCommerce effected.

Deleting subjects that make you uncomfortable won't stop the conversation - it will just take place elsewhere like it has been.

Step back and you will see there are tons of lessons to be learned in these threads about mob mentality, trolls, batshit crazy people, intentional misinformation, unintentional misinformation, profiteers, fear, Fear of Missing Our (FOMO), and what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

If I have to be the voice for reason and freedom of speech we are all in trouble.

XIp8Zdz.gif

- ComradeCarter over and out.

It’s crazy how mob mentality operates. This is why I wouldn’t depend on anyone, especially the government, to come and help you or your family.

You gotta raise your kids yourself, teach them what schools won’t and make sure they never rely on anyone for their survival.

Agreed. Amazing how many people are letting 'the state' / the goverment turn their kids into a computer machine.

Great mindset you have to even recognize this in 2020. Most do not from my perspective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...-latest-news/#link-IAMCYP5KJFBLVNJTIZXZ76X7YM

Which one of you did this? Jfc.
In all seriousness, whoever owns coronavirus test kit.com is one fucked individual.

Thanks for reminding me to get content up.

I'm feeling reasonably optimistic about the situation, especially here in the U.S. I'm feeling this way for two reasons:

1. The fatality rate in the U.S. is (so far) trending pretty damn close to best-case scenario forecasts. It's right around 1%, perhaps even lower due to the fact that we're still lagging a bit in testing. This is roughly one-quarter the fatality rate we're seeing in Europe, and an order of magnitude lower than Italy. U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A.!

2. The hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin treatment is looking extremely promising. That's probably an understatement. In the limited research they've done, it's essentially wiped out the virus. Not lessened it; eliminated it.

Delingpole: Chloroquine Known as Effective Against Coronavirus Since 2005 - Breitbart

100% of patients that received a combination of HCQ and Azithromycin tested negative and were virologically cured within 6 days of treatment.
In addition, recent guidelines from South Korea and China report that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are effective antiviral therapeutic treatments for novel coronavirus.

These are established drugs, so their risks are understood, meaning they can be used immediately. In fact, they're already in use in a few countries, and they're going into use in New York tomorrow.

Seeing how Wuhan's recovered, and seeing how promising this treatment is, if society doesn't fuck up, I'm thinking the world can go back to normal by maybe mid-June.

Seeing how Wuhan's recovered, and seeing how promising this treatment is, if society doesn't fuck up, I'm thinking the world can go back to normal by maybe mid-June.
I don't trust China to not screw things up- they've already started opening up movie theaters again.

Anyway, Corona is very infectious. But also young people are being hospitalized and put in respirators. Thus, we come to a point (like Italy) where the hospitals are full - so they have to choose who's going to live and who's going to die. That's why young people are starting to die here in Europe now.
Yes, and the resources consumed by the hospitalization of Covid-19 patients are the same resources (doctors, nurses, beds, ventilators, ambulances, logistics ...) needed for traffic accidents, cancer patients and many more.

In general:
To be fair, it's highly unlikely that anyone in here will get terminally ill from corona - most of us are in our 20s, 30s, and 40s - but that's not what it's about. For some people, it can be very deadly and by taking some care of the weaker/older population, they won't have to die from it.

If you're young and healthy and think it's stupid that they stop whatever sports event, trip or concert you had planned, because you likely won't get very sick, you're missing the whole point.

Formula 1 drivers still have to abide by traffic rules, no matter if they could drive twice the speed limit in a safer manner than most people driving normally ever could. It's the same argument anti-vax people use, measles aren't that bad and you'll be fine if you get it, but vaccinations are in place for herd immunity.

Most restrictions - traffic rules, alcohol sales hours, sex industry regulations, and quarantine rules included - are there to protect a certain part of society.

If you seriously think that it's not worth it to prevent a few tens of thousands of old people (who would have died anyway in a few years) or people with pre-existing conditions (a very large fraction of the western world, i.e. obesity) from dying - it shows a severe lack of empathy and basic human emotion.

No. Hoarders should have had a knock on the head the moment they stepped into a line with a whole shopping cart of surgical masks. This is great news.

The full details have yet to be released. But over the last 24 hours, the elements of the proposal have come into sharper focus, with $250 billion set aside for direct payments to individuals and families, $350 billion in small business loans, $250 billion in unemployment insurance benefits and $500 billion in loans for distressed companies.

as reported - cnn article

$2 Trillion Dollar Bail Out

$250 Billion for American People Direct
$350 Billion for Small Business Loans ( DEBT is the solution ? )
$250 Billion for American Business Unemployment Insurance Benefit
$500 Billion for American Business

What's wrong with this picture?

Under the plan as it was being negotiated, individuals who earn $75,000 in adjusted gross income or less would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400 -- and an additional $500 per each child. The payment would scale down by income, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children.

This to me, it means there's TONS OF PEOPLE who will not get a dime. If you're self-employed or a small business that just started, what do you get?

How does 75% of

Email spammers are going hard - hitting all the fear points - even point a baby in the image:

5JdoJ8M.png

This to me, it means there's TONS OF PEOPLE who will not get a dime. If you're self-employed or a small business that just started, what do you get?

You get nothing. Nothing. You might get something as a small business IF you have employees and do payroll, but if not... nothing.

Something might come out of this bill, but I am going to point out the historical.

1. American self-employed get no unemployment benefits, ever.
2. They also do not get to use any vacation days or PTO built up that gets paid to them since there are none...
3. They pay extremely high insurance premiums since they are not on a group policy OR unless their spouse works a "day job" and they can ride on their plan.
4. They bare the full payment of SS taxes.
5. As far as I can remember, there has never been a bailout for self-employed workers ( recent times, I'm not going back to the 1920 or some shit ).
6. We represent more than 1/3rd of the American workforce, but yet never get any help and get shit on the most.
7. In IRS audits, I think ( I could be wrong ) we are also one of the highest groups audited for IRS deductions when it comes to business audits.
8. Not eligible for disaster relief funds at the federal level. Some states ( depends ) will give relief, but its entirely dependent on state and situation.

Nothing is coming until May either way supposedly.
Trump administration is very 3rd worldish.

I've seen faster response than this on Latin Americ'as 2nd most corrupt country.. At least it was something... INteresting at the least to say, where America's going.

Last edited:
Back