CC9 -- Missandei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to you.
As far as hosting, I have a few different accounts with Host Winds. They've been excellent so far on speed and support, and they're not an EIG company if that's a concern.

1). Hosting chosen,
2). Install WP - they are delaying the initial setup, I was planning a sweet traffic leaking session, but this will happen tomorrow.
3). Wrote a blog post for one of the categories. I won't wait to have enough content for the 4 categories I've planned. Instead I'll promote every blog post on relevant places with found on Google Alerts.

Also:
- Signed for 3 affiliate programs
- Decided what'll be the topic for blog post 2 & 3
- Planned a quick approach of compiling a simple email course for one of the 4 email lists
- Added newbie guides in the site structire as a new page in the main menu and found an easy solution on how to create them - noindexed private label content should do the work

Tomorrow:
- Since the hosting CS told me I should wait a bit more, I'll have to install the wp tomorrow
- Put the affiliate links and publish the blog post
- Write a new blog post, publish it and cross link both posts.
- Start collecting materials for the 4th category created with the only purpose to attract easy traffic that have to convert on pages and blog posts from the first 3 categories. That's the beauty of the big niche. There are many related topics and customers are always looking for solutions.
- Create a couple of easy 4th category blog posts and start traffic leaking here and there: Reddit, blog comments on blogs I've collected on Feedly and ones that pop up on Google Alerts.

Edit:
Here are simple calculations for reaching the goal.
Let's accept 1% average conversion rate and $20 average commission per sale.
Or $20 are earned on every 100 targeted visitors.

To get $6,000 per month I'll need $6000/30 days = $200 per day or 2,000 visits with 1% conversion and $20 per sale.

Recently some insomnia affected friends already proved it's achievable if you put enough efforts. This makes me feel much better.

Last edited:
Who are you hosting with? Waiting a day to install WP would mean one day less pay from me... That should be instantly possible.
::emp::

Agree :smile:
@emp, to be honest I've never used something different than shared hosting and now I'm hosting the site on my shared HG hosting account until I have a better solution figured out.

I wrote that I've selected a hosting - @Shooter, mentioned Host Winds and I was about to go with them, but found some negative reputation and lower comparing to other companies VPS hosting prices which for me was a warning sign for future unexpected issues.

Do you have a recommendation?

Last edited:
Kimoto,

Here are two threads where we discussed the issue of hosting and shared some reviews with each other:
Hope it helps. I like your idea of 4 diff categories all built with diff objectives in mind. I'm doing something similar on my case study site. Great minds think alike :smile: Mine have objectives like

Silo 1) Link-bait & Social Shares (big writes ups with specific targets to bait)
Silo 2) Link-bait & Traffic Leak & Main monetized pages
Silo 3) Pure Dirty Traffic Leak + Constant Updates (its the blog portion) w/ Display Ad monetization

I'm looking forward to seeing how your operation goes. Looks like we're in similar boats.

Interested to see how you do going ahead and promoting the first article instead of filling up your categories. I'm trying to put something in every category before I launch. I gave that up but I got about 3/4's of the way there, which was enough to not look like a ghost town. Anyways, good luck.

@Kimoto
I've been up and down the hosters - as I have shared here, too.
Currently with knownhost VPS and happy.

At 35 a month, it is not one of the cheapest, though.

::emp::

Thanks a lot guys! Will check the threads and Knownhost.
I had to change the name servers some hours ago and there's propagation until I can access the fresh wp install. Bad timing, but anyway.

@Ryizaki, to promote a single blog I was planning to post on Reddit and comment on relevant blogs.

However, I already have 2 blog posts and found a great material to create a short and enternaining blog post for the 4th category which will count only on traffic leaks. The hosting issue allowed me to create more content.

I'm really enjoying buzzsumo recently. Today I've pulled the best sources to compile the last blog post.

Hey Kimoto, just saw the mention. Thank you for including me, and yes I am down.

Tomorrow I start my market research and addressing how I will attack my new project. I am a few days behind on the timeline, and I think you have more experience than me. Fuck that, im coming for ya :wink: I probably won't post too much, just once a week or so in my thread.

@builttodominate also didn't have a lot of experience, but look how quick he raised his site. Btw, @animalstyle congrats on leaving the job you didn't like!

Yes, do your job and pass me - i love competing :smile:

Today:
- Organized the site's menus and optimized the wp install & created the site main menu
- Polished, pubslished and cross linked 3 blog posts, each one in different category. Then I posted a new blog post I quickly compiled for the enterntainment type of category - total number of blog posts - 4
- Ordered a logo in Fiverr - had to do it much earlier
- Found out that some affiliate programs have an option for links only to the home page - I asked them if they have custom links, but they didn't get my question. Unfortunately I'll have to wait to get manually approved for one of the other aff programs I applied
- Reviewed the hosting threads and saw Knownhost as one of the top choices

I had plans to promote the content, but didn't have enough time to spread it, plus the affiliate links issue. @Ryuzaki was curious to see how I'm going to promote a blog with less content, but I have the feeling I'll have a couple of new pieces published until I get approved as affiliate. The same for the CPA offers.

Tomorrow:
-
New blog post - reviewing an industry service or an interesting case study
- Pick CPA offers related to the niche
- I found a bit outdated PLR book and I plan to buy it, select 8-10 chapters and create an email series for newbies in the industry (if needed, I may tweak the copy here and there) - this should go as the first email list. I'll promote the opt in the home page and probably under some of the categories.

Question:
Should I use the free MailChimp or I should put the foundations from week 1 with Aweber, GetResponse or smth from the same range?

Today
Compiled a free report instead of the email couse, signed for MailChimp and integrated an opt-in form on the website. Wasn't very productive day.

Tomorrow
- New blog post - review type
- Select CPA offers related to my niche
- Add Terms of Usage and other utility pageс, check Google alerts and comment here and there - up to now I have 4 blog posts and a free report. I need more affiliate links - there are some in the report and less on the site.

Last edited:
Today:
- Blog post published
- Research for CPA offers on OfferVault made: applied for 1 new affiliate network and 1 standalone affiliate program
- Added utility pages and submitted a couple of blog comments
- Added analytics

Tomorrow:
-
Work on scheduling Twitter and Facebook posts for the whole month using Hootsuite
- New blog comments
- Start working on a new blog post - a review type with standart layout or one implementing the skyscraper technique

Last edited:
Today:
- Twitter and Facebook posts scheduled till end of the month
- Added new blog post comments on authority industry blogs
- Generated ideas for the next types of content - review type will allow me a pretty easy monetization through Amazon, so I'll probably go for a couple of Amazon product reviews, put some effort to generate a couple of sales and then continue expanding the rest of the sections. Time wasn't enough to start writing the foundations of the next blog post.

Will need to improve the report I've made to collect a list - since I'm not a coder, I may buy a wp plugin.. : (

Yesterday I just started the beginning of a more compelling blog post on a subject I've already blogged about in 2 previous posts. It's a sub-topic in my industry and I'll probably create a new category to unite the know how under one hat. I'll create a good interlinking structure for better user experience.

Question: Is it considered as a duplicate content if I have one blog post under two categories?

I'm ready with the compelling blog post. Its rehashing previously published content I found somewhere, but I'm giving a new angle aligned with my industry. Before I publish it I plan to improve the blog in the following directions:

- Improve the report - I need to have a better looking report offering a better value
- Improve the site structure - I feel the topics I cover need a better navigation and structure overall

In the same time I'll start doing a contacting some industry people for feedback on the blog post draft. I want to create some healthy relationships, improve the blog post and try create some virality one I publish it. It requires some preparation and efforts, but I'll do it, because I feel the site need it.

There's a lot of potential for Amazon revenue as well and I've thought of outsourcing some reviews, because I'll be busy enough working on the improvements and the outreach.

Stay in touch.

Question: Is it considered as a duplicate content if I have one blog post under two categories?

Worst case scenario, you're showing the same excerpt twice. Do I think you're going to get destroyed by Panda over it? Nah. Would I prefer to do something about it though. Part of the way I've been combatting this on my case study site is to have static content for each category, that describes the category. You could go as far as having pictures and all of that and make it sort of like the head of a silo. I didn't go this far. I may have used 50 to 100 words.

I also set it up so that page/2/ and onward doesn't get indexed. So these excerpts eventually are gone anyways. You have to think about the fact that the excerpt is also being pulled from the post as well. So you're already duplicating yourself anyways. For me, minimizing the # of pages indexed with these excerpts was one tactic, plus adding some static content. The third tactic was careful consideration of my categories so each post would only get assigned to one.

At the end of the day, I don't think you need to worry about it. This is one of those cases where Google COULD dictate how you build your site, but one that would work against them. How many people know how to solve this problem to 100% satisfaction, or are willing to write 2nd excerpts on top of a unique meta description, etc. It'd be silly.

Thanks @Ryuzaki!

The industry influencers list is being built prospect by prospect. I have 2 days left for this activity this month. In the same time I'm getting under radars with comments and Twitter activity, keeping track of all comments.

Edit:
I need to remind myself why I'm doing the prospecting and what's the plan for next days.
- Connections and relationships are created, because I'm collecting feedback for my already written compelling post.
- New traffic leak opportunities are found

Last edited:
Today
- Did initial outreach to influencers in my list
- Posted a job for an Amazon review type of post

Last thing I did last night was researching suitable Amazon products for review.

Already getting initial referral traffic from blog comments.

Last night
Last night I published my next blog post. I didn't manage to get enough feedback for it as planned, but I felt I shouldn't wait more.

Today
The site has ridiculous low amount of traffic, so later today I'm going out there to hunt for visitors. I've prepared my list of places to promote the latest blog post.

The Amazon review type of blog posts series is the next BIG THING for me. I had an idea to delegate it to a freelancer, but now I don't see it as a good idea. I published a job, but I have a headache when I know what I need and see what's offered out there.

Last edited:
Last night
Promotion efforts to attract visitors - there were some nice communities I found, showed up quickly, introduced myself and shared the content. The beauty of less crowded places is you can find people to give you feedback of the blog post draft in exchange for your own feedback. I'll rely on such kind of relationships in the next few months.

Today

Finish with the blog post promotion and write the draft of an Amazon review.

Results:
- I got my 1st subscriber yesterday
- Traffic is still under 100 visitors and under 100 pageviews.

Last night
Wrote 2 blog post drafts.

Today
(I took a day off from my daily job)

- Did a new research what to write for, leaved the drafts from last night and compiled an Amazon review post. Wasn't too authentic and it's less than 500 words, but formatting was ok and I enjoyed writing, because I was following a formula aiming to help the visitor to both learn enough info and doesn't feel overwhelmed.

- Spread the new blog post - Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus communities, had to be more active on blog comments, but I had to continue developing the Pinterest account - see below

- Was active on Twitter - I need to create a separate Twitter profile for the brand

- Finally received the logo - I'm very glad, it's good enough to represent the brand

- Created a Tumblr account - started developing it

- Created a Pinterest profile and created a single board with over 200 re-pinns - got my first follower in less than an hour. I know Pinterest is more or less an evergreen source of traffic for my website, so I'll try to stay active. Next goal for pinterest is to reach 500 repinned images for the same board.

Results:
- Pageviews growth compared to last week: 93.94%
- Users growth: 250%
- Sessions: 211.11%
- 1 visitor has subscribed

Based on the efforts today, let's see the numbers tomorrow and the next days.

Next goals:
- Write and publish a new blog post - draft today, publish it tomorrow.
- Expand the Pinterest - an easy to do task
- Do more blog comments and Tweets with suitable hashtags

I found a decent affiliate program and need to create content around the products.

Problem:
A problem I'm experiencing since last night is that I can't use the link cloaking plugin. It just doesn't work as it's supposed to do. So, I don't hide my affiliate links. I hope the issue will be solved soon, although I don't put a lot of efforts there. What are you guys using to cloak links? Probably the usual php redirect without plugins is still my best friend.

What are you guys using to cloak links?

I don't cloak and people still click the aff. links because they don't know the difference. If you're worried about G they don't care about a few aff. links either.

I use bit.ly if I need to track something outside a website. In this case, I just don't know.

Be careful with amazon operation agreement https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement and linking requirements https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/operating/linking .
From the latter:
"In addition, you must not use a link shortening service in a manner that makes it unclear that you are linking to an Amazon Site."

I'm not saying you are, but amazon clearly does what it wants, so watch out.
There have been cases where people were banned for using link shortening services on bhw. However, they might have been doing something shady.

I use bit.ly if I need to track something outside a website. In this case, I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back