Status
Not open for further replies.

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
I literally had 4 people in the last 24 hours ask me if they could get into the CC9... So that tells me they see a benefit to generating serious traffic. But something is completely off with the current process. So when something is broken we have to come down from the clouds and fix it. Sometimes your students have to see one-on-one what's going on to get to the next level, so I'm jumping in and leading by example...

Final-Boss.jpg

All my posts are going to be percentage based traffic wise, maybe ROI, maybe some other fun metrics. My goal is to grind at this daily with not one but TWO projects of mine, my 2nd project has a twist since it's going to include my business partner: @enya (thread: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/cc9-omniboss-one-above-all-else.596/) - We'll be updating that project over there. I'll leave this first project here.

I'm going to be right here in the trenches with the original CC9 side by side, grinding on generating traffic. I know you guys love doing shit once a week, working 30 mins then taking 6 and 1/2 days off... I'm going to be doing things a lot different.

fcWG6WD.gif
r8K2pz8.gif

My only goal is to generate more targeted traffic to an informative site. @MetaData and @The Engineer are both aware of the site and are also aware of the 2nd project site as well.

Next Steps:

Day 1: Gather a list of 100 platforms to traffic leak from. This is going to be the most time consuming part, but it's going to be critical. The niche is going after medium sized businesses (some small business can be in the mix, but overall the end goal is medium since they'll need the bigger flow), and is being monetized through generating leads which are then sold off to different providers depending on the needs of the business. It's going to be a bit difficult since it's going after a smaller niched out group. The CEO or business owner, or executive fills out a lead form to buy a service on my site. I then take the lead and send it off to the appropriate party.

Linkedin is probably going to be one of my first sources to look into. Going to industry specific sites and engaging users is another goal afterwards.

The overall market is pretty segments with tons of players, but no one dominate force. Offline marketing maybe involved later on - actually it has to be involved to gain the competitive advantage, since if I can be the first person to educate the business on the importance of this service then I'll have a customer for life. For the most part most businesses are confused as to what's going on but know they need this service period - they just need a helping hand, so my goal is to be that helping hand by providing great content that will make it more comfortable for them to utilize me to find the source of relief for their pain.

Day 2: Knowing my audience I've got to do some extensive keyword research, luckily I just launched SERPWoo's Keyword Finder :wink: - To help me in this journey. My goal is to get to 100 compelling titles and topics to utilize all over the internet to generate traffic for. I'm going to write all the content myself as I go along, due to the specialization of the niche. I have to write content that will help business owners, so it has to have the authenticity that outsourcing lacks. These are business owners not consumers, so they'll be able to spot bullshit right away.

Day 3: Gathering a list of 100 persons in this industry who I want to write guest-posts on my main site. (You know, getting other people to create content for me... in exchange for exposure :wink:)

Day 4: Newbie guides - Going to write out 3-5 newbies guides in a single day, short ones that can be expanded upon later on. Afterward going to start outreaching to individuals for guestposting and partnerships which could benefit both parties. (Not going to go into specifics there, but it's a win-win-win for everyone).

- This is an ambitious 4 day schedule since I still have my primary duties with my other main projects - but I'm not going to cry about not having enough time, I've got to make time period, Either you want it OR you don't want it - Period, End of Story - no comma, just period. If someone running 2 full time operations can add 2 more projects and continue outpacing you kids... you need to re-think your priorities... I'm going all in...

qvXXkiF.gif

Nice move CCarter!

Really appreciate that you show how it really should be done!

An opportunity presented itself which I could not turn down. A major player in the industry offered to blast their email database with one of my newbie guides, so I decided to take the rest of the day and write up one of the big ones.

Eventually in a week or two I'll be seeing the results of it, so I'll have more time to get more guides up and running for the oncoming rush of traffic. This was only possible cause of past information I provided to small businesses in the niche though.

Those breadcrumbs I leave throughout the internet all have ways of intriguing people to get in contact with me - if written correctly. The hustler who do reach out are looking for synergy, so why not leverage it if it can help both of us?

7QzTuJk.jpg

--

I've split my content topics into 5 Categories. Within each Category, I'm going to tag each one by easy, intermediate, or hard levels like I do for most of my projects (www.TrafficLeaks.com). This will help guide newbies, and the like to understanding what level the content is at and what they should be reading for their level. I'm going to be mostly concentrating on getting business owners familiar with the niche and why they need it, so the end guide list should comprise of 70% newbie content.

As I'm writing this content, I'm thinking about the offline marketing targets I'll be sending to these pages, and how to dress them up. Some of the content will have to be specialized for a specific niche others will have to be broadened for everyone, but since most of the offline campaigns are going to be super targeted I'm using examples from those niches within the content as a natural flow, so it will appear as if it's super geared towards them.

--

I've got 20 sites I know will be perfect targets for traffic leaking. For each site I know the angle for the 5 categories I will hit the site up with, and engage the users with. I don't plan on implementing any trolling, but coming in super professional and creating an expert allure - at the end of the day I'm after bigger dollars, and it's a bit difficult to close 4 to 6 figure deals trolling your way to the top.

Going to work on getting 80 more, each with different flavors. The goal is to create a calendar of traffic leaking. I PMed this to @ModernMarketeer, but I think it's worth quoting this particular calendar strategy:

First of all...

You need to hit up EVERYWHERE possible, and not just stick to one source, and I'm not just talking about one subreddit since it's niched out. I'm also talking about platforms.

Second - people in those other subreddits maybe targets since YOU are also in those subreddit correct? YOU are there so why wouldn't there be others be there?

This is one reason I stated to get a list of multiple potential platforms (in the original TL thread), so you can rotate in into each one every day for traffic. Here is how to do it, get 90 places that can be traffic leaked, you can have your subreddits as place 6 to 10 of them, but you still have 80 more places you need.

Now get a 30 day calendar, and randomly divide up the 90 places through the 30 days (3 each day), as your schedule. Then traffic leak with that schedule to each of those places, with different topics that will engage, drive controversy, or create authority for you. You can sometimes use an article which was a winner on a subreddit a week or so ago and post it in your niche's forum - just be careful about the rules of that platform. SEOs frown upon duplicate content, but for the rest of the world they don't give a shit nor even know what you mean by "duplicate content", even so, changing the title or something up is always a good idea.

After 30 days, drop the sources which sent you the least amount of traffic, I would drop 10% to 30% of the 90. Then find replacements for those 10-30% that you dropped, and start all over again. Do this - FOREVER. Pretty soon, you'll know where your best places to get traffic from are, you will have fine tuned your ability to command traffic for your niche, and understand your niche, topic, and audience completely. It's literally impossible for you to do this for 6 months and not get to 100K visitors at bare minimum, unless you simply aren't learning from your mistakes or aren't creating content that are pushing buttons or getting engagement, and I taught you how to do all of that and more.

If your traffic leaks are subjected to simply Reddit, what's the difference in Reddit versus Google being your master? None, so you just learned nothing. The whole internet is a traffic source, if you want more niched, find forums, and blogs. If there is no forum for [ redacted ] then create one OR ask yourself if the [ redacted ] is declining like I asked you about in the initial communication about your niche. If it's not dying ask yourself WHY is it difficult to find information? Then ask yourself can YOU be the person that provides that information to the audience?

Holy shit Carter, your new SerpWoo feature just forced me to cancel a subscription I had with another company. This is fucking dope as shit.*

And is it just me, or is Christine getting incrementally hotter in every new video? Jesus fuck.

Anyway, look forward to the case study.

*no, I'm not getting paid to kiss ass. This is voluntary ass-kissery.

Finished up 2 major newbie guides today, and had another outreach success. Another list is going to be blasted most likely on Monday to a good 20K business owners - that should bring in some good traffic numbers. I'm going to be collaborating with my contact to create dual content as well, so we can both benefit going forward.

So today was a huge win in terms of outreach results and completing my on-site content. Right now unfortunately all the boring shit like preparatio has to be done before traffic leaking, but it's necessary. if I could outsource the content creation I'd go to my go to team and they'll knock out 100 articles in a week and I'll have it ready to rock and roll in no time. But these newbie guides are worth it, no harm, no foul.

I'm working with my first guide for a guerrilla campaign tactic that is surely going to surprise some of my competitors if pulled off right, but we'll see how that goes. Right now in terms of traffic I'm at 0% increase. But it's important that I build the traffic pipes to my site on solid foundation so when the flow comes, it's going to hit perfectly.

I've been slowly building my title's list throughout the day as well. I'm attacking this from the old big brand checklist style, starting from the bottom up mentality - aka levels, where you grab the lowest hanging fruit first then work your way up systematically.

Overall with this project and my 2nd project, I've been using the ancient Chinese strategy employed by Genghis Khan "Slow Slow, Quick Quick", the slow, slow is definitely over...

Interesting day, got some folks reaching out to us about partnering up so that's always good. Going to figure things out, cross-promoting is always great.

News - one of our site's got several mentions within the industry news channels, was a bit interesting to see what people had to say. The overall ground work's been coming together nicely, and I have sent out the first newbie guides to some clients that were already onboard, now waiting for feedback.

I spent the majority of the day planning out long-term strategies and doing some light coding overall, outreach commitments are coming back from weeks ago, but I haven't started this new round yet, still gathering the names.

Everyday, I'm adding 10 titles to the list, I've got to do a sit down and knock the actual 100 titles out in an hour, along with platforms to leak the traffic. Regarding actual writing, the hardest part for me is the beginning of a piece of content - that's why I've put together little outlines along each title of ideas I can talk about along with the titles. Once I get started, that's a wrap, end result could be 1500 words or 15,000 - things get crazy.

Traffic Level increase = 0%.

I mostly concentrated on the 2nd project, since I was out most of the day, but the campaigns I setup still went out this morning and generated some extremely good numbers.

One thing where I fucked up or it may have been to my advantage was I found out today was President's Day... after driving out in the country some 40 miles to run an errand. So essentially I sent out a large blast on a vacation day. After realizing that, I didn't expect anything serious, but turns out = I guess people on vacation still check their email and so good traffic day so we got tons of lead generated, and the partners which are on board are getting fed. Problem is those partners are definitely out of the office... oh well, they'll have a surprise in the morning I guess.

Traffic Levels Today = 226% increase

So this week here are my numbers in comparison to the baseline I set (it's in comparison to the baseline number, not a day by day increase):

(Note: My previous post for monday = 226% was calculated wrong, should have been 126%, since 100% increase would be double, my bad. At the end of the day we got more traffic and that's represented below.)

Mon = 137% increase
Tue = 56% increase
Wed = 22% increase
Thu = 104% increase
Fri = 17% increase (still going on for today)

--

Revenue I want to monitor week by week in comparison to the same week last month. It might be a problem since different days fall on different days of the week, but I'm going to keep it simple, and just compare the day to day, so Feb 1st through 7th, will compare to Jan 1st to 7th.

Going to end it on yesterday, cause today is still active:

Feb 13th to 19th: 27.36% increase in revenue when comparing with Jan 13th to Jan 19th. I attribute 90% of that to the traffic leaking campaign since I've been going a bit more aggressive then normal, but I'm still getting warmed up.

---

Even though there was a 27% increase in revenue, tons of fuck ups happened this week, that caused massive delays in fulfillment, and lead generation. One of our providers' systems went down and they decided to not tell us until 48 hours later - meaning a ton of leads went into a blank hole which could have been re-routed to other providers. They're working the leads, but there is very little hope that we'll see money from them since this is a fast pace industry.

I also got caught up in some coding nightmares, live systems going down while active leaking campaigns were generating traffic, complete nightmare, but it's all over. At the end of the day, we ended up positive in revenue no matter what, but I cant' help but think we could have gained an extra 25% if not more if things were better in sync, oh well.

---

I completed my list of new platforms to leak from. It's going to be a bit difficult since I'm educating the customer as I'm selling them, but I got this. I'm a bit worn out from this week, but all in all great week.

Traffic Wise:

Fri = 49% increase
Sat = 19% decrease
Sun = 24% decrease
Mon = 35% increase
Tue = 22% increase
Wed = 20% increase
Thu = 125% increase
Fri = 50% increase
Sat = 4% decrease
Sun = 5% decrease

--

Revenue Wise:

Feb 20th - Mar 1st = 21.30% increase when comparing same period from Jan 20th - Feb 1st. We also broke 2 daily revenue records twice in the last 7 days, so that's exciting news things are on the upswing with leads. SEO's been kicking in really hard, so that's helped out tremendously. That one Thursday of 125% increase, that's 100% traffic leaks, killing it that day. Dropped a post on a major forum and that was that. Every traffic leak always layers on more and more traffic, so it's a compounding effect, which is always great.

Unfortunately for this project I've been spending 80% of my time on SERPWoo, so it's not moving as fast as it could. I decided to hire a VA to handle this project for me, so I'll be giving instructions and doing some training for about 2 weeks then letting them take over while I stay focused on SW. I have been divesting things which I'm involved in that I no longer want to work on, so it's been freeing up more and more time for me.

Is that increase/decrease relative to eachprevious day or from a baseline?

I assume relative.

For the numerical challenged (this starts at 100 - The first point here is an artificial starting point)

YQYIOx3.png

::emp::

It's from my original baseline, not day by day. Meaning everyday we first have to hit baseline to get to 0, if not it will be a decrease percentage.

Traffic:

Mon = 46% increase
Tue = 35% increase
Wed = 9% increase
Thu = 25% increase
Fri = 17% increase
Sat = 32% decrease
Sun = 21% decrease
Mon = 105% increase
Tue = 36% increase

Revenue:
Mar 2nd - 10: 11% increase

--

I'm still looking for a solid VA I can trust, until then I'm still grinding by myself on this. This last period was harder then I anticipated. I've been feeling a bit stagnate - so I got to push myself again out of my comfort zone. Yes there is month over month growth with this project, but I'm still waiting on other parties to get moving on their end, which I know is the death of anything serious. I simply need to stick to my rotating schedule, only way this is going to work. I'm going to change that this week - I'm going in..

Traffic:

Mar 11th - 17th = 6% growth
Mar 18th - 24th = 20% growth
Mar 25th - 31st = 13% growth
Apr 1st - 7th = 1.4% decline

Revenue:
Mar 11th - Apr 7th = 23% growth

--

I aggregated the data to weekly for the previous periods. It's been modest in terms of traffic growth, but great in terms of new revenue. I account it all to better targeted our audience, Shotgun approach out of the gate works well, but at a certain point you have to pivot and take a narrower approach once you find your sweet spot.

The partnerships are going extremely well, content is getting created and there is a nice stream of targeted traffic coming from all over. I hired a VA but that isn't working out so great so far, truthfully the down time can be seen in the first week of April, but I'm going to keep at him until we get past this learning curve. I might be cramming too much into his brain at the moment but it's needed.

One thing I can't outsource is the expert commentating and writing of content on forums, and blogging about it. But I think I figured out a perfect solution - the VA will create summaries of topics that they assign to writers. The topics will all be geared towards newbie information about the industry. I will then come in and make the necessary changes/corrections to the content before publishing and input expert or rather "advanced tips" advice within the content to give it a rounded out feeling. We've already started working on this, but I figure it's going to knock out the newbie questions that arise in this industry as well as give content to people that are advanced in the same format. Educating the newbie is extremely important, we'll see the results in a week or so.

Alright that mathematical stuff is taking too long - easier to just show a chart on what's going on:

leveling.png

I started reporting on the traffic leaks on Feb 9th, so I positioned the mouse there to showcase what's been happening. I'm starting to see some leveling off on certain platforms so I know I've hit saturation levels, so now it's definitely time to move on to different platforms and start rotating with the calendar. I haven't done it cause the content wasn't really there yet - education is key here, but now we are ready.

Overall I've been focusing more time on generating traffic and revenue for each of my projects instead of updating my journals. Main reason - realistically I've got a solid routine that works for me for getting results, but updating a journal switches my focus to this forum and what's going on here. I start browsing around and answering questions. It is about generating money at the end of the day, so if I'm here answering questions I'm not working on projects that drive direct money into my pockets - which is a big no-no.

When I started this journal I wanted to motivate people to get their projects completed or off the ground - what I learnt is I can't be the force that pushes other people to act on their own projects. So I can do one of two things, keep pushing others or concentrate on my own projects. I love talking about traffic leaks and marketing, I have a ton of new ideas and concepts I want to write about as well - a part of traffic leaks, but outside the bootcamp.

If there is something to take away is - sitting around on a forum all day isn't working. You need to go out and grind and do whatever you have to to generate revenue and have dollars coming in. If you spend too much time wasting away waiting for people to update their journal on their own progress that doesn't get you any closer to your own goals in life. I'm not an every day content type of person. I create content in groups then I stop for long stretches at a time. I've changed a lot in the last several weeks, have grown a lot but I've also grown tired and have less patience then I used to. Good or bad - I dunno, but the results speak for themselves.

If the MODs allow it, I'll keep posting new content for marketing and traffic leaks, but for now - to you listening to my voice in your head as you read this - get to fucking work, as you saw with what @built did today in Enya's thread: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/cc9-omniboss-one-above-all-else.596/#post-9454

A single post in a single moment drove more traffic then all of these last 2 months combined - the traffic is out there... the question is are you man enough to take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back