BuSo should have a premium network that holds on-site events, etc.

Degree
Title says it all.

Other organizations do this and are successful. BuSo seems to have obtained a decent number of loyal and active followers so would likely sell a number of tickets. $1k for a 3 day conference isn't a bad start!

But it's time consuming.

Thoughts?

If we could get a decent number of higher level marketing guys from this forum to go, I would definitely buy a ticket and go.

Title says it all.

Other organizations do this and are successful. BuSo seems to have obtained a decent number of loyal and active followers so would likely sell a number of tickets. $1k for a 3 day conference isn't a bad start!

But it's time consuming.

Thoughts?

Just because a business CAN offer an info product, doesn't mean the need or want to...

What information would you be seeking from a conference that you can't get here?

Once you have been deemed ready, you will be tapped on the shoulder by a long and mysterious arm to join us for one of our in-person meetings at Galt's Gulch.

You could probably organize a meet up at Summerfest, Ultra, Lola or something actually fun.
We got a surprising number of music heads on this forum. I've run into a few out and about by accident over the years.

I don't think you could get very many people you want to hear stuff from to come to a meet and greet type thing even if you paid them. Outing stuff for a bunch of pay to attend a meet and greet tier people sounds awful. You can't really bribe a bunch of currently successful business people to do things they don't want to. Throw a fun side event at something members are already gonna be at if you really like IRL networking.

* A big enough prize pool magic the gathering tournament might work. We got some real neck beards here.

You could probably organize a meet up at Summerfest, Ultra, Lola or something actually fun.
We got a surprising number of music heads on this forum. I've run into a few out and about by accident over the years.

I don't think you could get very many people you want to hear stuff from to come to a meet and greet type thing even if you paid them. Outing stuff for a bunch of pay to attend a meet and greet tier people sounds awful. You can't really bribe a bunch of currently successful business people to do things they don't want to. Throw a fun side event at something members are already gonna be at if you really like IRL networking.

* A big enough prize pool magic the gathering tournament might work. We got some real neck beards here.

How about a meetup at Psycho Vegas. :smile:

https://vivapsycho.com/

I'd do a night during Summer Fest or Miami music week.
Gotta be something people are already at. Vegas is a turn off to a lot of people.

I never go to events ............ I like anonymity on-line

Plus with this whole Pandemic thing, it feels like traveling has become a super complicated issue

Now if you forget a mask, you get a $500 fine..$3000 after the first.

Ba Humbug!

But if it were done on the island of St Maarten or Bonaire, i might do it :smile:

Just because a business CAN offer an info product, doesn't mean the need or want to...

What information would you be seeking from a conference that you can't get here?
Not so much information that I’m seeking but the vibe of ppl here, which can easily be felt in RL relative to off-line.
The top level guys who wrote the digital marketing series seem to have a thing for sharing information and interacting with the community so it doesn’t seem a far of a leap to assume they would be down to host something in RL and meet the people they influence.

Now with the pandemic... I don't know about face-to-face. But I could see something like SEO mastery summit to work well.

Should just have a weekly Google Hangouts or Skype session where we all drink beer and play virtual poker.

As you move to 1x1 or group, or even conference-type settings.. you lose efficiency.

The Pandemic ( as it is right now ) is nothing to worry about. Conferences are opening back up again to in-person events. If things get worse, then yeah, I understand.

But as you move to helping people 1x1, or in a group of 10, or even at a conference with 1,000 people you lose efficiency as a mentor or helper.

I can write a post here 1 time and it can be seen by thousands of people a month for years on years.

If I join a weekly group and do the same, I have to show up weekly for an hour of my day and routinely help over and over to 10 people.

It's not efficient as a mentor, doing this for free, to do something like 1x1 or weekly meetings or even hopping to different conferences every month. For it to even work, the mentors would need to get paid to justify the inefficiency.

That opens a whole other box of issues.

Unless you are going to dish out money, getting what you can from BuSo when the best of the best have time to post is about the best you will get honestly for free.

Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of circle jerking with no actionable stuff or advice going on among a bunch of people that have nothing to provide or share really.

Last edited:
Back