Best Press Release Service?

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
I hit up a couple prior well-known services.... No luck in getting anyone to respond back to me.

I'm looking for someone that has top notch reach on real sites ( not the fake ones built for PR submissions on the same IP ) on legit news sites.

I want them to write the story and do the distro, but the article has to be quality and not gibberish.

Any good providers you know of?

What you talking abot well-known service? PRWire? Meltwater? Because it is widely known industry wide that journalists don't pay any attention to them and their emails generally get put into the trash.

It would be better to do the legwork yourself, rather than "submissions" - calling media outlets, building relationships, offering them quotes etc., but if that is beyond what you need, i don't see how these "distribution" services are worth anything.

I second @seoauthority.

Then again, it really depends on what your goal is. Do you just want those syndicated PR links (you can get yahoo pretty easily) and so on? Or do you actually want sales, leads, validation from journos?

If you want the real shit, build a real company, build a real narrative, build a real remarkable angle and crush profNet, PRLeads, Cision, HARO and just go nasty and get in touch with people.

Do the spammy old fashioned "follow on twitter", "2 retweets", "drop a comment on their blog", "comment on their articles" and build a tiny little relationship with the person.

People (especially journalists) don't do shit for free or for fucks sake. Give them value and be a real human and be honest with yourself if what you're doing is actually interesting to anyone but you. If it is, rad. You're well on your way.

I agree with both responses above, HOWEVER it can be used as a marketing tool, not a journalist outreach system. You can buy Pitchbox and waste your time there if you want to build rapport. If you need results and a bump within 72 hours, PR's are def the way to go, but a lot of the "big boys" fall short, and charge a lot per push. $80/PR if you buy a 10 PR/mo package is ludicrous

I don't bother with PRNewswire or any of that other crap, they're great if you're churning PR's for the purpose of hoping for a traffic bump. I only focus on press distro that brings sustained results. Photo in the PR is injected with EXIF data, turned into a PR video using text to speech, etc. It's a means to an end, and the ROI is great from a branding perspective.

@eliquid if I can help, let me know. I'd be happy to point you in a direction that makes sense for what you're trying to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i used to be a PR web junkie.

It got me on Google news, solid press from random sites. .... Etc

What are the best ways to get a solid Press Release distributed today in 2019??

A website? A BST dealer?

I need to get my site ranked #1 for the exact keyword too.

Thanks.

Best way is to build up a twitter / linked in account and circle jerk a bunch of small name journalists. Results vary but value begets value in the long run. Hire a naturally nice native speaker to run social for you. Interview people until you find a nice empath then throw them into the circle jerk.

Small name journalists? Have any example of how you can do this?

My twitter is almost ranked.

Back