Be careful out there homies. They're watching

Yep, I'll share everything ^

Having to limit the # of times crons can run, upgraded RAM on the server... still running pretty high at about 80% usage. I'm keeping an eye on it. Might have to upgrade some more.

VhDbFM0.png

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Yep, I'll share everything ^

Having to limit the # of times crons can run, upgraded RAM on the server... still running pretty high at about 80% usage. I'm keeping an eye on it. Might have to upgrade some more.

VhDbFM0.png

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
baller.

@Ryuzaki I have to ask

Did you get friends to help with some initial upvotes or was this au natural?

(I think I already know the answer, I just want to highlight it...)

@Ryuzaki I have to ask

Did you get friends to help with some initial upvotes or was this au natural?

(I think I already know the answer, I just want to highlight it...)

All natural. I follow the Reddiquete rules to a T, and especially don't do vote manipulation, which is probably what gets their algorithm on your tail. Very analogous to Google in that sense.

What I can say is that I was lucky. For some odd reason, nobody had posted anything good to this subreddit for about 5 hours, even though its one of the huge ones. And before that, it was another 5 hours or so. Everything else was downvoted too much. So I new that if my post took off, it would have a chance to rise to the top once those aged ones decayed. Then it also happened that all the people posting after me were trash posts that were getting downvoted. It was me standing in the middle of a huge gap of time ahead and behind. It was inevitable that I'd receive a lot of attention and votes, but it was up to the content itself to make sure those votes were positive.

@Ryuzaki I wonder if that gap in posting is a swan (white? black? whatever the expression is...) or if there's some kind of pattern or reason why it was slow at that given time. I'm guessing it's not a daily thing... I wonder what was special about that particular day.

Back