Any Success Selling Clickbank Products?

Degree
I've always tried to steer clear of this, but for some reason, I'm recently very much inclined to try. Has anyone had any success selling Clickbank products? I've always gone with direct affiliate programs or shareasale or CJ so I'm not sure what sells and what doesn't sell, if anything at all here. Have any affiliates had any luck here and if so, would you say it's typically paid traffic or organic? Thanks in advance!

I'm curious as well. The last time I looked at Clickbank was a year ago and I struggled to find anything worth promoting.

If anyone is making bank with Clickbank, big props!

I'm curious as well. The last time I looked at Clickbank was a year ago and I struggled to find anything worth promoting.

If anyone is making bank with Clickbank, big props!
I'm seeing TONS of people talking about making $1,000s per day on CB in Youtube videos, but most of them are showing their own product I think in the MMO niche. That said, I'm skeptical to even put effort there, but would love to know if there's an opportunity to make some decent coin here today.

I think a lot of people have started to create pre-sales pages for Clickbank products because of how poorly designed most of the sales pages are. I know people say "what matters is the sales copy- not the design" but some pages look downright spammy nowadays, let alone poorly designed.

If you have access to ahrefs, here's a PRO tip.
Just put the shortlink Clickbank is using into ahrefs and check the backlinks. You will see the websites which are promoting CB products.

For a better success rate, to see what works, order the pages by organic traffic. You will see which pages are sending the most traffic to CB. (If you know what to look at, you might even find some easy niches)

I know it doesn't answer your question, but if they keep sending their visitors to CB I guess it must work?

What kind of products are the most popular on CB these days?

What kind of products are the most popular on CB these days?
The last time I looked (years ago), the highest gravity products were stuff like "How to Grow Taller" the e-book and "How to Use White Magic Love Spells to Get Your Boyfriend Back" the video series.

The sad part is, it sells like gangbusters because dummies are easily parted from their money and there are unscrupulous vultures out there promoting it.

I'm going to go against the wisdom that Clickbank landers suck though. I know some do, and their campaign creatives are probably burnt out, but anyone who's serious on there has done conversion optimization to milk out every penny.

Those long form landers with handwritten fonts in red with yellow highlights behind headers and all that... money in the bank. That's the old school of copywriting that breaks down every possible mental barrier, provides a million chances to convert, has all of the social proof, explanation videos, etc.

What I don't like are the ones where you can take zero action until the stupid 20 minute video finishes playing. You can't fast forward or anything, and the rest is triggered to happen if you're dumb enough to sit through the whole video. Talk about squeezing the whales, which is usually crap like "how to make money online" and "how to become a realtor", etc.

Ah yes, I was thinking more along what kind of product vectors.

Ebooks, videos, software, membership sites etc.

I actually had an ebook on Clickbank once upon a time, I sold a few copies, less than 10. I paid someone to write it too. It wasn't that bad, but my copy wasn't good.

Of course I made quite a bit of commissions there as a noob (10 years ago!) on a very specific dating product. Converted like crazy. The owner of that product got filthy rich. Stopped updating or caring about his product and some technical issues brought it down eventually. I am sure he became a millionaire though.

When you disregard the topic, what he did was an interview series on audio and short ebook. Initiative and marketing.

What Clickbank used to bring was tons of traffic from affiliates with little effort. I didn't appreciate that at the time.

I wonder if Clickbank is still like that. Put up a product and some affiliates will test it and send you traffic. That's still enticing.

Back in the day I had a product on Clickbank from 2001-2008. My top affiliate sold primarily through their established list. The fist time he sent out an email, I clocked 3-4,000 days from him alone.

I also had my own list of buyers that sent emails out to. Every time I sent an email, I would make money
Yep, the money is still in the list.

If the goal of your blog is 1 sale and never talk to the person again CB isn't the worst. If you're trying to be more of an authority and want them to keep coming back, I'd stay far away. UNLESS you use it to test selling info products to your niche & plan on creating your own guide quickly after the test.

I've done 7 figures on CB/maxweb products and while they convert great, they are pretty much all shady as hell. People won't really be happy with what they buy & they'll get spammed in their email inbox with other offers.

And for people who hate on the landers, there's a reason most of the clickbank offers are ugly & use 60 minute VSL's - it's because it WORKS. No one will just come to your site and buy some bullshit miracle cure because its on sale. But if they just watched a 40 minute presentation on how this scientist discovered the cure while backpacking through india and used it to heal his wifes suicidal thoughts caused by her toothaches (lol), they have more of a connection and will pull out their credit cards.

I just wanted to second some of the comments above.

* yes they will convert even though they look like trash often
* yes the products are weak for the most part so you'll burn your audience/list

I ended up with a small 'dead list' on a project a good while ago and just burned it with CF offers. Strangely people were still buying a year on but we went from doing $1k/mo in commission from the list in year one to just doing $2k in the whole second year.

So yeah the list was burned pretty fast... but if you have no other use for a list it's not the worst way to make a quick chunk of cash - nobody was gonna buy the list from us for $14k ... biggest offer we got
was $2.5k from someone in the same niche as the list and it's debateable even with the more relaxed data rules at the time whether we could legitimately sell it anyway.

I stopped after they keep cutting my commission for not making more sales.

It's been 5yrs or so

It still works. I made almost 3k using a B2C cold email method, reddit, and Google ads

U3xIRdp.png

I have had success with CB but would recommend MaxBounty over CB.

CB was the first affiliate program I signed up to several years ago and at one point I was making a few hundred a week from marketing a single product. The affiliate cut was generous and they were reliable with payments but sales have mostly dried up. I have since pivoted that affiliate site to promote newer products which I have more faith in. Looking at their marketplace now most of the products are low quality and outdated, but I'm sure there's still money to be made, though I wouldn't put too much energy into it.

I`m making money with CB still, but finding products that not only convert but are also made by reliable people and professional enough to avoid refunds, is a pain.. There are a lot of other affiliate programs to go for if you're just starting..

Back