Any newbie advice for buying shares?

Everyone it buying on the stock-market right now. Interesting times.

Spectating, I've seen someone do well with BlueChip stock gains. They are investing both savings and 401k money of family, needing a boost.

Personally, I'm more into cryptos, but to each their own. This was a great month to flip coins.

I saw this. Love r/wallstreetbets. There are some guys over there making some serious cash. This one is definitely a Hail Mary.

I bought 500K shares of GCGX on Monday - https://twitter.com/Global_GCGXOTC. Risky play, but huge upside if they can get their shit together.
I like the way you think.

Congratulations on being the first person to have the balls to post a real position in this thread.

I like the way you think.

Congratulations on being the first person to have the balls to post a real position in this thread.

Does it qualify as a real position because of the number of shares? Just curious, I have no intention of debating what a real position is.

Does it qualify as a real position because of the number of shares? Just curious, I have no intention of debating what a real position is.

He actually did it, and posted publicly in advance.

Now we wait and see if it’s genius or #roishare.

Edit: Extra points for size and pot stonk.

I did it before him! $100/day on an ETF!
I’m bad at reading and missed that somehow lol.

We’ve got a real thread on our hands boys.

Now we just need someone who’s good at math to bump with net changes now and then.

I guess me buying BTCs in this thread, or crude in the other doesnt count....

Lol..didn't mean to cause a fuss. I also loaded up on some BTC when it dove down around $4800 (around $15K total).

The way I look at it is, there's a lot of great opportunities in the current market and the opportunities are only going to get better. I don't think we are anywhere near the bottom of what we will see in the next 2-3 months (when people start dropping dead in droves and unemployment is 20-25%+). While my revenue is declining, I have enough to get by for at least a year. I'm going to really trim down the expenses and use every bit of cash to take advantage of said opportunities.

My prediction - Dow will bottom out around 12-14K

Taking into account the 6.6 million newly unemployed from last week, plus the 3.3 million from the previous week- making it 9.9 million total in 2 weeks- I get this strange feeling, regardless if oil surges, the market is going to crash today or on monday... put in those limit orders!

I'm no rocket surgeon, but:

WYwT5Ue.jpg

I think we've seen the bottom.

Bad news is no longer dropping the stocks I'm putting limit orders on, it's literally difficult to get any orders placed. That tells me things are rebounding faster than ever.

Anyone that was "waiting for the bottom" - as usual - you missed it. No one can predict the bottom or tops, all you can do is play the middle.

But right now if VTI rebounds from $60 to $80s, that's a clean 33% return for a month's work.

KnVpjNZ.gif

Disney is looking nuts right now:

tvVerG4.jpg

Buying now and waiting for a rebound you are looking at 40-50% ROI. WTF.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but:

WYwT5Ue.jpg

I think we've seen the bottom.

Bad news is no longer dropping the stocks I'm putting limit orders on, it's literally difficult to get any orders placed. That tells me things are rebounding faster than ever.

Anyone that was "waiting for the bottom" - as usual - you missed it. No one can predict the bottom or tops, all you can do is play the middle.

But right now if VTI rebounds from $60 to $80s, that's a clean 33% return for a month's work.

KnVpjNZ.gif

Disney is looking nuts right now:

tvVerG4.jpg

Buying now and waiting for a rebound you are looking at 40-50% ROI. WTF.
most places are still locked down and unemployment numbers still seem to be climbing. what is causing such a strong bounce? I assume it's the possibility of the economy opening back up or the stimulus package? A full re-open doesn't seem likely though...

what is causing such a strong bounce?

The stock market is all about emotions. If people think it will perform better in the future they buy, if poorly they sell. Facts, revenue, and logic has nothing to do with it.

most places are still locked down and unemployment numbers still seem to be climbing. what is causing such a strong bounce? I assume it's the possibility of the economy opening back up or the stimulus package? A full re-open doesn't seem likely though...

Pure manipulation. I can assure you, that it's not the common people with their $1K investments, who are deciding the way the stocks are going to go. Just look at oil. Behaves like a proper crypto shitcoin.

So who wants to pay me to come take their oil?

Looks like we’re off to a real roller coaster of a picks thread so far.

I bought in not only when I called OIL before on this forum, but a few more times since that calling

Made a hefty profit on 4 trades.

Moved all my money and profit to BTC/USDT waiting on a fall to $6,612 and $6,212 and possibly $5,912. Might not hit, but I track the dips and will be ready on another if it misses.

wJyDfXF.png

Trades are what you make them. Manage risk.

Last edited:
Gosu

Now that’s fucking cool.

Jesus -$37 for oil. I'm going to be lining up at the gas station tomorrow waiting for them to pay me to take it off their hands. :D
Looks like we’re going to crazy land.

Dan Peña predicted the drop of oil 3 years ago and predicted negative oil!

--

What is so funny is when I was in the CoronaVirus Hysteria thread shouting "all you have to do is wash your hands" - there seemed to A LOT of push back...

Influenza kills 80,000 to 90,000 American YEARLY. CoronaVirus at 1300 is not even a fraction. All you have to do is wash your hands and if get sick, stay in bed. People dying are old and people with weak or immature immune systems - like any other cold.

I don't hear anyone coming back stating "CCarter was right.".

Same with Amazon, I stated for years it didn't make sense for Amazon to pay affiliates for other items in the shopping cart... If you don't see them cutting that shit off then you are delusional, especially after Amazon continues to cut commission rates. I'll wait.

If you want to really scare people, wait till they realize that there has never been a vaccine for any virus in the coronavirus family. No vaccine for SARS, no vaccine for MERS, and most likely nothing for COVID-19 - Source: We Might Never Get a Good Coronavirus Vaccine.

They've attempted vaccines and did trials like they are doing for COVID-19, but the odds are not good.

That's why they were already talking about it being a "seasonal virus" they soft peddled that idea already.

I also stated a vaccine would take at least 16-18 months:

That's odd that our in-house virologist hasn't responded to this... However it takes on average 16-24 MONTHS for a vaccine for this type of virus to just get to clinical trials. In this instances they are attempting to half that, but the earliest humanly possible - which is really pushing the boundaries would be in the Fall of 2020.

Source: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/coronavirus-hysteria.4925/page-5#post-49705

No one wanted to hear that and believe me - until the people on TV stated the same shit, LOLWTF.

The one thing that negative oil, Amazon, "washing your hands", and "no vaccine" have in common is - if you look at the data and actually research, not some Reddit fucking post designed to be one-sided, you'll realize quickly the MSM is lying, politicians don't know what they are doing cause they don't care about data - they just want to make sure the peasant mob doesn't rush the gates, and as soon as the Quarantine in the USA is lifted, there is going to be a second wave of deaths and the stock market will re-crash.

Better be ready to buy the very next day on the rebound like on March 24, 2020.

I'm already preparing a folder on my desktop named "IToldYouSo" - it's full of gifs.

Fine, I'll say it. Looks like you were right.
About the Vaccine and Amazon.
Never doubted that tbh, but I didn't flat out say it.

I'm still not sure about the Corona thing tbh. Too much noise and BS to cut through.
I will admit that it is starting to look like you were right there as well, I'm just not calling it in yet.

My life didn't change a lot, so doesn't really matter for me to find out. People will believe what they want to believe. And in time the truth will shine through anyway.

How are ya'll holding up? I hope you got yours, cause I got mine! I got mine. Thanks corona!

IMG-5952.png

IMG-5953.png

I told yall about VT and ya'll want to wait "till the bottom"... Do you mofos have a crystal ball I don't know about?

Revj3aT.gif

--

Edit: Disney is at $124 right now, last screenshot was at $104, so anyone that jumped in would have about $20+ return, off $104 - that's about 18-19% ROI in 2 month... I didn't go on in Disney, but it was one I was looking at.

Damn Corona - if you can't make money during this I dunno what's wrong.

KKR just hit 5 year high (I have positions):

Bsq5Dcm.jpg

--

VT
My go-to is about to get to the 5 year high (I have positions):

gQWUpf7.jpg

--

DIS
taking some beatings in the press, but still way above and looks like an eventual rebound (I have no positions):

LbCTXH3.jpg

--

Back