Advice on YouTube SEO?

Degree
I wanted to get advice on creating YouTube videos from an SEO perspective. Is the description important for search results, or can the subtitles be indexed for search results? Additionally, how many hashtags are recommended for better reach?

If you can help with any of these, that would be appreciated! Thank you!

Everything should be optimized - title, description, and tags. Keep everything as relevant as possible.

I'd also think that your transcript matters, in addition to what @DanielS said. I don't think you need to manually add one. Letting YouTube transcribe it for you is enough. But using your keywords within the audio of the video likely has a heavy weight, considering it's the video itself.

I think YouTube recommends not using more than 3 hashtags at a time. My opinion is they're worthless. People misuse them so heavily they simply aren't worth looking at as a user.

Can I get get some advice on the content creation part? What kind of videos should I be creating to build a domain authority? I work for a SaaS start up, I want to produce informational content for SEO while also producing product content from time to time. I made and uploaded some videos but they are not getting much traction. Any feedback is appreciated.
Here is a link to the last couple of videos I produced for my company:
-
-

Can I get get some advice on the content creation part?

Keyword research is very important.

You have to do keyword research, What's the search volume for the keywords you are targeting for those videos: "Anti-spam wordpress plugin" and "no-code tools"

Are videos currently ranking in those SERPs?

I googled "anti-spam wordpress plugin" and there is a video carousel at the bottom of the page, however when I click on the top video it's got 1800 views in 11 months, 2nd video has 335 views in 2 years. Math tells me there are less than 5 people a day looking for that keyword.

You got 10 views from a video posted 5 days ago, so about 1-2 views a day, sounds about right. You are not going to get significantly better than that, the volume isn't there.

On-top your thumbnails look like complete shit. Do a search in YouTube for your keywords and look at the thumbnails that are ranking high in the suggestions compared to yours.

Search "anti-spam wordpress plugins" within YouTube and you'll see a good idea of how much traffic volume there is in terms of views, best I saw was 33K in 3 years, so about 900 views a month, 30 views a day. You are getting 1-2, so you are in line. Weak search volume.

Then look at the thumbnails, they have people in them or have "more impactful graphics" than yours.

No code tools have a lot higher significant traffic for search AND views. So more people are interested, found that using the same methods of research as above. And if you do the same for video search you'll see the thumbnails have ppl in them or have more significant impactful graphics.

If you want better content ideas, reddit is your friend. In fact you can simply go to Reddit for your favorite topics and see what's being talked about the latest/recent and create a video giving your input, post back to reddit and other social platforms, and gain traction/ride the wave on the recent increase in interest.

Hi, thanks for the honest feedback. I will do thorough keyword research before picking the topic for next video. I will do some research from SERP and work on improving the thumbnails as well. I am a one man marketing team so there is limited time allocation for all the activities but we try to make the most of it.
I like the reddit idea, will definitely try it out.
Could you please also answer how important is the video quality? Should I spend more time and effort in improving the production quality? Does showing/not showing the face affect the views on the video?

This. Short answer, make sure your title and description contain keywords what your content is about.

Ask ChatGPT for some decent keywords if you have no inspiration.

@ParsaSafes have you looked into different AI tools/software for editing yet? There should be options out there to help streamline that part of the process for you too,

@ParsaSafes have you looked into different AI tools/software for editing yet? There should be options out there to help streamline that part of the process for you too,
Not really, I'm not a video editor, my job mostly consists of content ideas and optimization. But you got any good recommendations?

The tools being talked about in the A.I. Thread and @CCarter's The Machine Thread are worth a look. I'm planning on implementing several of these tools and they should end up saving me a few grand a month, not to mention unlocking new opportunities across languge.

What kind of optimization are you doing for your company?

The tools being talked about in the A.I. Thread and @CCarter's The Machine Thread are worth a look. I'm planning on implementing several of these tools and they should end up saving me a few grand a month, not to mention unlocking new opportunities across languge.

What kind of optimization are you doing for your company?
Well a combination of SEO, social and writing. For the matter of videos I give instructions about video outline and topics.

Back