$132,000 Sneakers. Would you buy if you were rich enough?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
161130150645-buscemi-diamond-sneaker-2-exlarge-169.jpg

These one-of-a-kind pair of diamond-encrusted white sneakers that retail for $125,000

"He provides ammunition for one's lifestyle and creates culture codes -- versus status symbols -- that express certain tastes. Luxury today is less about having money to buy something expensive, and more about having taste to know what to buy."

cnn:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/01/fashion/buscemi-132k-diamond-sneakers/index.html

No... Money doesn't buy good taste.

On a side note, leather can't be dyed white.

Those are painted with a form of acrylic paint.

Basically I think it's safe to say that anyone who buys these is a complete and utter twat.

Basically I think it's safe to say that anyone who buys these is a complete and utter twat.
This.

Those are dead ugly and I could only imagine someone out of Jersey Shore wearing them.

I'd rather use it to make more money

Only snobs like Floyd Mayweather and people that got so much money that they don't know what to do any more would pay for this shit.

Who on a forum about making money is mad at richer people?
I had a feeling this would bring up floyd mayweather's name LOOL

I wouldn't buy the shoes though............. the aren't attractive to me nor does gold and diamonds mean it's a uniquely crafted sneaker.

No... Money doesn't buy good taste.

On a side note, leather can't be dyed white.

Those are painted with a form of acrylic paint.

never knew that. cheers!

if I was sneakers freak with money I would. Becuose why not?

Who on a forum about making money is mad at richer people?
I had a feeling this would bring up floyd mayweather's name LOOL

That's one of the main psychological barriers poor people have. Since they hate and snear "rich" people, they'll never become "rich" since they do not want to be hated themselves. That's why when you see people hating on people they've never met or interacted with while the main gripe against the person is having "more money" than them, when they do start on the journey to attaining that level, subconsciously they'll self-sabotage themselves, since they do not want to endure the same level of hate upon them, that they had for the "rich".

Basically, anyone that "hates" rich people will never be rich themselves and self-sabotage themselves whether they realize it or not. If you "hate" something, you clearly will work against becoming it, that's just human survival. Seeing "rich" as the enemy, you therefore will never want to "become" the enemy and therefore will never be "rich".

Only until one corrects this thinking and how they feel about wealth and money will they be able to truly obtain AND maintain it.

The truth as well as what @CCarter says about your own internal demons, is that hating rich people holds you back from joining them in actual real ways because you miss opportunities that they would have tossed your way if you accepted that you wanted to be one of them, and that they have opportunities just by virtue of who they know and who they hang out with. And the more you meet, the more you see that there are a lot of great people with success, and very few people who even slightly deserve any hatred. They just get a lot of attention... I'm looking at you medicine price hikers :wink:.

I remember years ago a friend quoted someone (I don't recall who) who said that if you wanted to join the rich, to act like them, hang out like them, and fake it till you joined them (kinda like the Homer Simpson 'Max Power' episode).

Instead of thinking you're 'dragging yourself up' struggling every day, sitting in the cheapest seats everywhere, drinking in the cheapest bars, bitching with fellow strugglers about the people who have it easy, the idea was that you struggle in private, eating noodles, while in public you pay for that upgrade on the plane, talk to people in the lounge, go to the nicest bars where business types and lawyers hang out, travel first on the train so you chat with people you aspire to join etc.

People laughed at me for heading to my relatively dead end office job in first class on the train etc while I was trying it out (and working on my small affiliate and lead gen sites on the side)...

But I actually landed a very significant contract, from someone I met on the train, a year after receiving that advice, and have never had a job since, and even this year made a good business connection flying first with Delta (Delta first is nice btw - they have a lot of flad bed flights not that fake domestic first). They even make a bit of a joke about how important those kind of serendipitous connections are on Mad Men when Roger is bribing the air hostess to let him know when certain people turn up at the airport so he can get down there to bump into them in the lounge.

So I've not 'made it' yet by a LOOONG shot but I'd have definitely missed out on several course-changing opportunities if I just did what I liked doing (hanging out in my local bar playing darts) and looked on people who have made it with some jealous scorn (I never have felt that way towards success, but you see that attitude so often).

^
Interesting concept but I wonder if that tactic works at a higher or lower percentage than the ... 'live poor scenario'

I've never tried to 'connect' and 'collaborate' because I don't believe in luck. It happens though because I'm a genuine person with my own path. Not a leech. I have value.

I honestly find the best ways for me to enjoy life and gain the most money, is simply to live in modesty. When i'm in a city, I'm always running around.... always spending to buy new clothes and other BS to load the apartment with I rarely use.

HOWEVER, when i'm in a small town.. less options.. I feel less motivated to 'dress to impress' everyday... I find myself more focused, earning more money, saving more money, doing more 'rare' things.

I believe in the "Rich live poor, poor live Rich" mentality to some extents.

While you met the '1 guy and never worked since' ....
When I travel in economy on international flights, I've met a TON of very accomplished people with a wealth of talents or business related points to offer me.

I feel 'where you travel' does more than 'how you travel' to many degrees and it does not have to be expensive.

Also, the people I've met through business or sports who have REAL money..... over $250 million.....they don't fly 'first class'... they charter privates or have company jets. Use car services reguarly... So how do you keep up with that or get in it?

I tell you why I don't like Floyd Mayweather...

When I watch a fight, I want to see someone get knocked out. Two people battling it to the bone.

Young Mike Tyson type of stuff. Sluggers. I wanna see some entertainment.

Floyd knows how to make money. Floyd doesn't really fight. Floyd knows how to "collect points" in the ring.

That's why I don't like him. I could care less how much he makes.

I tell you why I don't like Floyd Mayweather...

When I watch a fight, I want to see someone get knocked out. Two people battling it to the bone.

Young Mike Tyson type of stuff. Sluggers. I wanna see some entertainment.

Floyd knows how to make money. Floyd doesn't really fight. Floyd knows how to "collect points" in the ring.

That's why I don't like him. I could care less how much he makes.

hmmm .. Floyd's a counter puncher. He punches and dodges the hit.
You can't 'get the points' without hitting somebody
And he only stopped knocking guys out once he was really like 6 or 7 years before retired. Before then, Floyd was knocking people out.

I wouldn't buy them because I don't care about shoes that much and I'm not in a position to turn the investment into opportunity.

The right person could buy those shoes, pull some Ryan Holiday stunt, and end up making triple the cost back by rustling jimmies.

It could be a business expense and marketing campaign.

I wouldn't buy them just because I wanted to stunt on these hoes. Everyone has the right to spend the money they earned however they like. If someone does buy them, then they felt they'd receive tremendous value out of them somehow.

I wouldn't. But there are some other equally "stupid" things you probably could get me to spend that much money on.

I've never tried to 'connect' and 'collaborate' because I don't believe in luck. It happens though because I'm a genuine person with my own path. Not a leech. I have value.

I think the final part is a really important point. If you do become part of a group of successful people and start whipping your card out and going on about what you do expect them to sniff out your behaviour pretty quickly as disingenuous and annoying.

I never tell anyone what I do unless asked, and anyone who's spoken to me knows that to learn everything I know about anything all you have to do is hit me up on skype or have a beer with me. No expectation of anything in return, if I know something that will help you succeed, it's great to be able to share it. I'd hope that most people who know me think of me as being at least an even contributor, and preferably a giver in our relationship.

However, I also know there are a couple of you here who've done a lot for me, and I'll be forever trying to figure out how to return the favours. But trying to be someone that gives, with no expectation, and being annoyed when you can't, is how you become part of a community, not a leech.

I know what you mean, though - I guess I approached it with an open mind based on his advice, as he was very, very successful, and self-made from hardship. Totally different starting point than me who was blessed with the life I had growing up. So I just 'did' the things - didn't even try to talk to anyone or do anything, just be about. And things did happen. I don't think it was luck, I think it's just putting yourself where you can meet more people away from the negativity of people who think starting your own thing is insanity etc. And the more people you meet who are enjoying life, doing well, have great stories that inspire you, the more you start to understand how they got there. A bit like joining BuSo instead of loitering on WF now... when you meet the people you want to meet, and hear stories about people winning that give you a great idea about how to pivot your failed project from 5 years ago, here on BuSo, it's not really because you got 'lucky' right?

hmmm .. Floyd's a counter puncher. He punches and dodges the hit.
You can't 'get the points' without hitting somebody
And he only stopped knocking guys out once he was really like 6 or 7 years before retired. Before then, Floyd was knocking people out.

If you call what Floyd has done his whole career knocking guys out except the last 6-7 years, you havent watched a lot of boxing

Sneakers? Nope.

But a $132k pair of sunglasses with my "fuck you" money, you're damn right I am. And not as an investment either, but just because I'm a sunglasses whore and I wanted them.

Or maybe a dope pair of loafers to loaf in. I could do that too.

Floyd is a great example of 'polarizing content'. (Right here ITT, for example.) A great case study on marketing, and betting on your own success. Floyd made some wise deals investing in himself earlier on in his career that set the stage for him to earn so much later on.

He's undeniably an incredibly skilled boxer, but that alone doesn't sell 4.6m PPV's at $100 a pop. He knows exactly what he's doing. A lot of people tune in to see him lose, a lot of people tune in to see him win. Either way, they're putting money in his pocket.

He can't really go for the big KO's because he has issues with breaking his hands (Not that I think he would want to get into brawls even if his hands were pristine), also there's a huge difference in punching power between a guy who fights at around 150lbs? and a prime Tyson. It's totally legitimate to not find his style as exciting as GGG or someone like that, so don't get me wrong - I'm not defending it, but it's probabally the best style to have if you want a long career. Self-preservation, keeping the record in tact ($$$), and putting on boxing clinics in the process. He dominates his opponents, he just does it defensively. I enjoy Floyd's fights, but I also enjoy watching an MMA fight even when it's mostly just wrestling or BJJ on the ground which a lot of people hate, because there's something to be said about someone being able to set the tone to however they want it to go, totally imposing their will on their opponent who just has no answer for it. The opponent wants NOTHING more at that moment than to be able to get up, but they just can't.

I really doubt we're going to see Floyd at 45, 50 years old punch drunk and slurring his words, he has some of the best defense and has taken very little damage for 49 fights. About half of his fights have ended via TKO or KO, and most of his decisions have come later in his career.

He's played the whole fight vs Conor McGregor thing great, too. People are actually interested in seeing that, so he'd get to come back for win #50 against a guy who isn't even a boxer, I could honestly see it out-drawing the Manny fight as well, and it would be hands-down the easiest match-up for Floyd.

Fighting reminds me of being an entrepreneur (Beyond the obvious like the marketing involved in a great fighting career). People see the 30 minutes that you're in the spotlight, but all the real work happens during the months and years leading up to that. The discipline, putting in work today that won't pay off today, always trying to improve yourself to improve performance, no guarantees..

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble now. Those shoes don't do it for me, but if I was filthy rich and an obscene luxury item appealed to me that wouldn't make a dent, I'd definitely treat myself occasionally but it's not a priority at all. If I'm just throwing money around, I'd rather contribute to building wells in a struggling village or investing in my own community. That would be a bigger ego stroke for me than a pair of shoes, not to mention the good it would do.

About half of his fights have ended via TKO or KO, and most of his decisions have come later in his career.

He's played the whole fight vs Conor McGregor thing great, too. People are actually interested in seeing that, so he'd get to come back for win #50 against a guy who isn't even a boxer, I could honestly see it out-drawing the Manny fight as well, and it would be hands-down the easiest match-up for Floyd.

I think the Conor McGregor thing would be interesting at least but to out draw Paquaio... i mean the boxers Floyd chose had whole countries and demographics behind them.

Who would McGregor bring? MMA world, would they really buy into that? I dont follow MMA heavily so excuse my lack of 'awareness' of how big the audience is behind Connor

I went to the Floyd fight against Maidana..... 1500 seats.. feeling like "hot stuff" hehehehe..... An old man complimented my Retrospec gold frames ... (giving you guys the setting). And by the end of that fight, EVERYONE KNEW, Floyd Mayweather is a Supersaiyan. He DOMINATES fighters and hurts them early. It's clear he can knock them out and probably fast.... but just doesn't to give people a full fight by decision...

IN case you're blind, Floyd Mayweather.. if you weren't such a hater of him and just bet on a winner.. you could have won 49 consective bets in Las Vegas. If you just hated him... as it was said above, your tendencies to 'want to lose' came through and you lost going against a true, undefeated winner

Last edited:
Who would McGregor bring? MMA world, would they really buy into that? I dont follow MMA heavily so excuse my lack of 'awareness' of how big the audience is behind Connor

I read a stat the other day that over the past year, Conor has single-handedly outsold every boxing PPV with just 3-4 of his MMA payperviews. He's much bigger than MMA at this point too, there's lots of people that will order every Conor fight and that's the only MMA they watch (Ronda Rousey was similar but on a smaller scale) I think something like 4/5 of the top MMA payperviews of all time were Conor's, he cruised past Lesnar's record which had the WWE fanbase behind it. Now of course, 4.5m is a whole other beast, but there's a lot of stars aligning... Conor's the first ever 2-weight UFC champ now, Floyd would be coming back for fight #50, they both know how to use a similar persona to get tons of attention... It would be a masterclass in promotion.

The hypetrain would be off the charts. I mean, it's a huge task to sell more than Floyd and Manny did, but if anyone's going to do it, this is the fight. Also, a bunch of A-list stars now have shares in the UFC, which was recently sold, so there's some huge names promoting it now including latenight hosts like Conan and Kimmel, and Ben Affleck, Tom Brady, Serena Williams, Mark Wahlberg, Stallone, Michael Bay, and it goes on and on. It would be THE EVENT if it happened.

Conor just got his boxing license in California too, and it's believed that he could use The Ali Act to get around his contract (Since it applies to boxers, but not MMA fighters) in order to box without having to get the UFC's permission. I could be off here, but I think under the Ali Act it's illegal for a promoting to stop a fighter from earning a living for themselves... whereas UFC contracts stop fighters from doing any other form of combat sports while under contract.

And there's the huge possibility that there's absolutely no chance of this fight ever happening and they're both just playing the media for easy publicity and I'm eating it up.

You should listen to my latest podcast over at https://www.serpwoo.com/blog/podcasts/not-so-common-adwords-tips/ where I actually brought this up about Mayweather in the middle of the podcast. Odd how we are talking about him here too.

I mean, I go to great lengths to explain why he isnt a real boxer.

You should really listen to it

Spoiler.... did I just do a really bad traffic leak?
my bad.

Sneakers? Nope.

But a $132k pair of sunglasses with my "fuck you" money, you're damn right I am. And not as an investment either, but just because I'm a sunglasses whore and I wanted them.

Or maybe a dope pair of loafers to loaf in. I could do that too.

I really look forward to having "fuck you" money. When I get it, I'm blowing it on a built Z06 or Mercedes.

EDIT: eliquid, just started listening to your podcast and found your car brand perception example very fitting!

Last edited:
Back