Using Flippa to find niches

Degree
I thought about the idea of using Flippa as a niche research tool, since it listing sites and their earnings you can stumble on a good opportunities there, no?

Has anyone using Flippa to get ideas for new projects?

Yeah, I listed a site on there and, after the auction ended, about 22 new domains with my keyword were registered.

GOOD LUCK.

Yeah I think it depends how established the sites are in a niche, anything that is based on low hanging fruit or a unknown niche is probably going to get a lot of competition quickly.

Definitely man definitely. This is a great way to find out info that people would normally never ever tell you about their sites.

It's all laid out for you right there it's just a matter of doing it.

Definitely man definitely. This is a great way to find out info that people would normally never ever tell you about their sites.

It's all laid out for you right there it's just a matter of doing it.

Cheers, do you have any guide that you can recommend that give good insights on how to do that research properly.

@iam_mine No, you don't need one. Just look at the listings, look at the screenshots, look at the stats, look at what the sites sold for... it's all right there.

Why the heck would using a site heavily scrutinized by a bunch of hungry wolves to pick niches be a good plan......

Finding under-competitive opportunities to create value is about looking for the path less traveled. Not the examining whats broadcast to the entire world complete with exact number breakdowns on where the value is.

There's no competitive advantage if everyone can see it.

Why the heck would using a site heavily scrutinized by a bunch of hungry wolves to pick niches be a good plan......

Finding under-competitive opportunities to create value is about looking for the path less traveled. Not the examining whats broadcast to the entire world complete with exact number breakdowns on where the value is.

There's no competitive advantage if everyone can see it.

You have raised good points, I'm thinking that:

1. Flippant can give you an idea on successful sites, you don't have to target the exact same keyword, but you can target similar.
  2. There might be enough room for everyone

What you're getting when you look at Flippa is validation of whether something is worth your time or not, without you having spend the time and money to find out. What you're sacrificing is having to put up with a million newbies all trying to copy as well. The types that won't be afraid to send some links your way if it means they might win for a day.

However, if you're confident in your skills as an SEO and as a marketer, a little competition shouldn't be a problem. A lot of competition shouldn't be a problem.

There's a lot to say about sneaking into a niche and creating value, creating a niche, or sneaking into a huge niche through under-competitive means. I'm going to flip some sites soon where I've done that very thing.

But there's just as much to be said about the biggest verticals ever, like health, fitness, sports, etc. Those pies are huge and even a minuscule slice will have you eating more than the top-dogs using tired tricks like EMD's and whatnot. And that's the kind of cash flow that lets you get an even bigger slice and/or a thousand other slices from other pies. The bigger the slice you eat, the more your stomach expands and you have the capacity to take down even bigger slices. Playing it small and uncompetitive will never afford such a luxury. Where there is demand, there is competition.

I guess if what you look for in a niche is one that nobody else has touched yet, avoid flippa ... That's never really been my criteria.

What you're getting when you look at Flippa is validation of whether something is worth your time or not, without you having spend the time and money to find out. What you're sacrificing is having to put up with a million newbies all trying to copy as well. The types that won't be afraid to send some links your way if it means they might win for a day.

However, if you're confident in your skills as an SEO and as a marketer, a little competition shouldn't be a problem. A lot of competition shouldn't be a problem.

There's a lot to say about sneaking into a niche and creating value, creating a niche, or sneaking into a huge niche through under-competitive means. I'm going to flip some sites soon where I've done that very thing.

But there's just as much to be said about the biggest verticals ever, like health, fitness, sports, etc. Those pies are huge and even a minuscule slice will have you eating more than the top-dogs using tired tricks like EMD's and whatnot. And that's the kind of cash flow that lets you get an even bigger slice and/or a thousand other slices from other pies. The bigger the slice you eat, the more your stomach expands and you have the capacity to take down even bigger slices. Playing it small and uncompetitive will never afford such a luxury. Where there is demand, there is competition.

Great post, I'm thinking the same I will never try targeting a niche with no competition and Flippa can help you find this niche that has been proven to work.

Back