SEO packages - Are they worth the money ?

Degree
Would like to get an opinion from some of you experts on these link building packages from thehoth , we actually did the small for a eCommerce physical product site and it did increase traffic , ranking and conversion. But we still have hesitations in scaling it further.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigseo/comments/5dicfl/what_do_you_guys_think_of_the_hoths_shady/

I've never used them but they seem to have a few 'reviews' here.

But just being objective you can work out yourself what the likely value is. Look at what you get for $1,000. You may wish to consider that DA10 is effectively equal to no authority at all, and DA20 is pretty low - check out this thread where I posted some analysis of that:

https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/guest-post-4x-da10-links-or-1x-da20-links.2472

Google doesn't give a rat's ass about a weak third party metric aka 'DA' .Also, DA/PA can be easily manipulated with GSA for the most part . Makes more sense to go after good TF / CF ratio , or better yet just RD .
Like Steve Brownlie said DA10 is basically a new site -register a new domain and let it marinate for a few months. Annnnnd it's DA10!

Back in the days (1-2 years ago), the hoth packages were nothing but links from poorly looking PBNs. They might have changed and evolved but I am just sharing what I got from them some time ago.

It is okay mate. It would also mean to Root Domain If the topic was related to it, but here the topic is about metrics, so I just made sure it means Referring Domains. .

oops yea. Trying to say to same thing.

It is not advisable buying link packages from sites such as thehoth. Sites like these are well know by Google, which would take no time to kill whatever sites they use for their PBN. I believe doing outreach and getting editorial links are the way to be safe from Google radar. It is only a matter of time before PBNs are knocked by Google.

Regarding this - "Would like to get an opinion from some of you experts on these link building packages from thehoth"

TheHoth is absolutely terrible now. I've placed several orders with them over the years and each time they disappoint. When they first launched a few years back they were pretty good but now I'd stay far away from them. That reddit review is spot on... they're complete shit.

When they first launched a few years back they were pretty good but now I'd stay far away from them.

Some agency bought the service out for a nice sum and the original guys took their exit. Seems to be the pattern, which we talked about with EIG hosting in another thread. Original = Good. Someone buys it and ruins it. Or in the Hoth's case, they didn't keep up with the times (and seem to be taking shortcuts).

Some agency bought the service out for a nice sum and the original guys took their exit. Seems to be the pattern, which we talked about with EIG hosting in another thread. Original = Good. Someone buys it and ruins it. Or in the Hoth's case, they didn't keep up with the times (and seem to be taking shortcuts).

Very interesting.. I didn't know that but surely explains why they're quality is horrible now. Thanks.

Back