Introductions Thread

I noticed that the release notes said 2.0 was current. However, when I look at the version as running on a site, it shows 1.4.

Hey, nice to have you on board. I'm the guy that made the theme. The current is 2.0. I looked just now and it's simply a matter of changing the number at the top of the CSS file, which I forgot to do last time and will fix. Thanks for pointing that out.

Welcome! It's great to have you here. If you haven't already be sure to check out the Digital Strategy Crash Course. It's got tons of great information.

Hi all - just introducing myself. I am an American on a journey to build bots, errr, assets that will allow me to put myself into a moderately well-maintained 1963 VW Beetle that seems to be all the rage here in Brazil. Onward!

Hello everyone.

As you can tell from my join date I've been around here for a while but never introduced myself as I've mostly lurked and absorbed knowledge from this place up until this point.

I'm a 21 year old college student living in the NYC metro area about to graduate this upcoming year. First generation immigrant, unstable family life and financial situation... yeah these are the things pushing me along this journey along with another very personal "goal" of mine which is the overarching reason I've committed to success.

My experience level within the world of internet marketing and online business is still very much a beginner but I've firmly made the decision that I will earn a comfortable living online so my only option is to continue learning.

I'm currently operating two websites, neither of which make me much money yet. I made my first cash online a couple months ago (only 3 cents... but I was very happy) and since then I still only have a few dollars to my adsense account but I'm quickly figuring things out especially reading over the digital strategy crash course much thanks to @Ryuzaki , @CCarter and everyone else who contributed.

Anyways I'm interested in opening up a journal in the Lab section so if you guys could please like this to get me out of Orientation it would be appreciated lol.

First generation immigrant, unstable family life and financial situation...

I hear you on this. I'm 2nd generation I suppose... It's an iffy calculation. But unstable family life and finances, I'm no stranger. It's definitely a motivator if you can use a negative as a positive.

What are you studying in college, if you don't mind sharing?

What are the large verticals you're operating in? I'm not asking for specific niches, but like "Health" or "Finance" or "Tech," you know. Sharing that much can get you some more specific advice and connections on the forum, if you want them.

Glad you're posting instead of lurking! You're in a good position to already have a couple properties rolling at your age. Are you playing on the White Hat side? Black Hat? Middle ground?

Lol, I was surprised to find the same thing not so long ago...

FYI, I started using the username looong before the fucking comicon twerps- it's a condensation of my family's initials plus the word "Contracting" and was my company name and first used online in 1995.

Brony, lol.

I hear you on this. I'm 2nd generation I suppose... It's an iffy calculation. But unstable family life and finances, I'm no stranger. It's definitely a motivator if you can use a negative as a positive.

What are you studying in college, if you don't mind sharing?

What are the large verticals you're operating in? I'm not asking for specific niches, but like "Health" or "Finance" or "Tech," you know. Sharing that much can get you some more specific advice and connections on the forum, if you want them.

Glad you're posting instead of lurking! You're in a good position to already have a couple properties rolling at your age. Are you playing on the White Hat side? Black Hat? Middle ground?

Sorry for the late reply.

My major is in Business Analytics - big data related stuff.

One site is in beauty/fitness and the other is a semi-unique take on traditional viral sites.

And I'm definitely white hat... although that's mostly because those are the only techniques I've really learned to use.

Hey there, I just came accross this awesome forum, you guys seem like a great little community and I would love to be part of it! :smile:

Here is something about me:
I'm a 16 year old from eastern europe, got into internet marketing less than a year ago. I had shiny object syndrom for a long time, basically learning 10-12 hours a day and barely taking any action. I don't have that problem anymore, but I am still not satisfied with the amount of work I do.
I have many projects that I can't keep up with and I am making a change now. Since all of this little projects are related to grey hat seo, I need something long term and reliable. I'm going with authority site thats going to use white hat seo and lots of other traffic sources, building a email and social following, not entirely relaying on google.

In case if anyone is interested, my projects were:
Youtube seo
Bing seo
Parasites
Foreign seo
I gathered every information about these available online, did a lot of testing, made my own blueprints and figured what's working and had success, but I am running short on funds and I will continue with these as soon as I have steady cash flow from authority site.

Also one of the reasons why I am joining this forum is to network, I guess it's crucial to success but I never bothered much about it (big mistake)
Just by talking with more successful people, I get pumped and be much more productive. :D

And feel free to ask me stuff about youtube or bing, I guess I can say that I know a lot about ranking on both of these platforms :smile:

Anyways I would like to say thanks to people that created 30 day course, I went through it and it has lots of information that will help me, specially traffic leaks and outreach parts.
I am going to open a journey thread where I will explain my strategy and make myself accountable.

tumblr_nw7riaMEts1tydz8to1_500.gif

Hello builders. Thank you for this great forum. I have been lurking for some time now and finally realized it's time for me to wake up.

I'm a student from a middle-class family, so to be honest with you I never really needed anything besides comfort. Never really wanted to improve my lifestyle. Kinda did, but not really. Now I'm 25 and things are different. I need more than I have.

As far as IM goes, I'm really new to all this and don't have any technical knowledge like programming, design and so on. I have just been reading blogs and courses on this forum like that 30-day crash course and traffic leak boot camp. I also wrote some articles for my future blog on dating advice for men. It's far from optimized so I still have some work to do before I put it online.

That's it for now.

Is that the Attack on Titan crest in your avatar?

Welcome aboard. Lurking for too long is silly when you can ask direct questions to the community instead of hoping someone else asks for you!

Definitely get a homepage together at least and get that sucker live so it can be aging! You can sign up for Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics too for free information on how it starts performing. Those can guide you in certain directions based on data if you start to lose the path or question what's next. We're always here too to offer up any advice or ask you for some.

I look forward to conversing with you around the forum. Until then...

-----

Glad to have you onboard.

The black hat and gray hat methods are a fantastic place to start. There's a lot to learn, exactly as you've said, about what works and doesn't work. You can then tweak the good methods into safe methods and port them over to your main white hat authority project. That's how I got started and it's worked out well.

I'm glad that you're talking about starting an authority project. It's the difference between operating a real business and screwing around with bots and spam. They can both earn you good money, but authority sites have longevity and a growth trajectory while the others are destined to die constantly.

And there's nothing like having a steady, consistent, predictable (and growing) cash flow. It's why 99% of people take day jobs, except for the growing part. It's comfortable. But with you owning the business there's no glass ceiling based on wages and time traded. Sky is the limit!

See you around the forum! I'm looking forward to your journey thread!

16 years old, you kidding me?!? Congratulations you have found the place where you can thrive personally and financially. Welcome aboard! The world is yours...

tumblr_mcymtfWGt61qhfcogo1_1280.jpg

Thnx. I will put it up soon just to for aging if nothing else.

It is the AoT crest. And your avatar caught my eye first when I saw this forum, Lawliet. :smile:

Thnx. I will put it up soon just to for aging if nothing else.

It is the AoT crest. And your avatar caught my eye first when I saw this forum, Lawliet. :smile:

I'm the top 2 SEO's in the world... :evil:

Welcome to Buso Magister, I look forward to watching your journey and learning along with you. Ryuzaki's right about getting at least a homepage up on a domain for aging, especially if you are going with a brand new domain. I've got a few out there waiting for the right time to spend all my time on because I got wrapped up into having a bunch of ideas and way too many projects. This was getting me nowhere until I've decided to focus on one.

Good luck!

Welcome aboard little man! I wish I got into this as young as you. Sounds like you've already gotten off to a great start learning and understanding IM. I look forward to following your journey, good luck!

A friend of mine recommended this website to me. I am just about to embark on building my first niche blog to hopefully earn revenue from Adsense and affiliate programs. The niche I have been exploring seems risky however my gut is telling me to go for it. I simply don't have the knowledge to make an informed decision on this sort of thing yet so I figure the best thing to do is just do the thing and see what happens. My main constraint up to this point is knowing if a particular niche could be profitable. It is all very overwhelming. Anyway I thought I would say hi and make a post. Benjamin. x

I also have a lovely domain name that would be perfect for a viral style website and brand but I have put myself off the idea on more than one occasion. I am hoping I can get some inspiration for what to do with it here.

My idea for all of this is, less reading and talking, and more doing. I have been pondering this sort of thing and reading websites about it all for far too long. Nothing is actually getting done.

Ben, for sure... if you're unsure and have been for a long time the best thing to do is start taking action and getting hands-on experience. That's the only way a lot of the knowledge you've been reading about is going to congeal into something solid for you to exploit.

For a "very first time" build, I'd consider a micro-niche site. Not necessarily a tiny site but a tight enough concept so that the amount of content can ultimately be considered completed. You'll have learned about design in that time. And you can then dig into a link-building phase. And finally you could sell it or consider it a failure.

But either way you will have cycled through the entire process once and will have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. Round two will be much better and faster. And then Round three, and so forth.

Good luck, feel free to ask the community some specific questions. I know I love talking about this stuff and will gladly discuss it, as I'm sure is the case with everyone else here too.

Advice I wish I give when I was 16:

When Bill Gates first met Warren Buffett, their host at dinner, Gates’ mother, asked everyone around the table to identify what they believed was the single most important factor in their success through life. Gates and Buffett gave the same one-word answer: “Focus.”​

Hey guys after seeing a couple of great posts on Reddit about this place I decided to join up after a bit of a realization that the only way that I'm going to make my own situation better is by helping myself. I've got a business idea in mind and can't wait to get my teeth into it.

Welcome. You're among a group of hustlers, so if you're trying to change your life, you're in the right place.

What type of business are you thinking about starting? What kind of experience do you have already?

Thanks guys. Everything I've done so far has been around account management and some PR outreach with a number of different industries.

I'm looking to do something affiliate based first as I don't have the cash or the resources to do ecommerce so my short game is to build an affiliate project to then flip after 36 months which will let me move into ecommerce.

Glad to have you onboard.

The black hat and gray hat methods are a fantastic place to start. There's a lot to learn, exactly as you've said, about what works and doesn't work. You can then tweak the good methods into safe methods and port them over to your main white hat authority project. That's how I got started and it's worked out well.

I'm glad that you're talking about starting an authority project. It's the difference between operating a real business and screwing around with bots and spam. They can both earn you good money, but authority sites have longevity and a growth trajectory while the others are destined to die constantly.

And there's nothing like having a steady, consistent, predictable (and growing) cash flow. It's why 99% of people take day jobs, except for the growing part. It's comfortable. But with you owning the business there's no glass ceiling based on wages and time traded. Sky is the limit!

See you around the forum! I'm looking forward to your journey thread!

Yeah my goal is to have something stable and on the side to do fun stuff such as black hat seo

Advice I wish I give when I was 16:

When Bill Gates first met Warren Buffett, their host at dinner, Gates’ mother, asked everyone around the table to identify what they believed was the single most important factor in their success through life. Gates and Buffett gave the same one-word answer: “Focus.”​

Thanks, I am finishing some stuff so I can fully dedicate my time to this 1 project

Apologies for the very late reply! I forgot I made this post and just realised where this section of the forum lives, again.

Thank you for reassuring me that just diving in there is a good thing to do. I think my idea would lend itself to being a micro niche site, of some kind. I am just reading the first 10 or so parts of the strategy guide on here again then I am going to just dive right in.

I am glad I found this forum, I was getting overwhelmed by the ridiculous amount of information out there and not actually getting anything done. I feel like I have some direction now. And this post helped me enormously.

Would you recommend me starting a thread in the laboratory forum? I actually have goals written down since before I found this forum.

Thank you for being so welcoming and offering your help. It is appreciated very, very much.

New here!

Full disclaimer... I signed up just to get BuSo Lightning (sorry).

However, I didn't realize this forum is much more representative of my interests than at first glance.

In brief... I have a bit of experience online and helped my wife run a health blog that provided an income for us for a few years while were getting 100-150k visitors/month.

Then we got hit by some Google updates, moved country, and neglected the online business as we settled into our new life.

I'm now trying to revive the health blog on a new domain and build it around a weight loss program.

I'm now off to look around here a bit more :smile:

Welcome to the club. What was the problem with the original domain? Was it a link issue?

Back