How to start a solo SEO agency?

Degree
Hi all,

I've been dabbling with SEO for one year and am building two websites that are going well. I'm hitting 1k monthly visitors a month, making $0 but not too worried about it.

I want to apply what I've learned and make my foray into SEO client service. How should I go about it?

Thanks.

Keep in mind that in my country, if you earn 3K a month, you're basically rich, so I'm only looking at hitting those numbers.

Keep in mind that in my country
This mindset is why you will never make it. You are already capping yourself. I could say "keep in mind that on my planet, bla bla bla". What's the difference?

There is nothing stopping you, except yourself, from being Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos. But the fact you have already put a cap on your ceiling means you'll never hit that ceiling - without changing your mindset.

Hi all,

I've been dabbling with SEO for one year and am building two websites that are going well. I'm hitting 1k monthly visitors a month, making $0 but not too worried about it.

I want to apply what I've learned and make my foray into SEO client service. How should I go about it?

Thanks.

Keep in mind that in my country, if you earn 3K a month, you're basically rich, so I'm only looking at hitting those numbers.
I don't get how you would get clients if you only hit 1k monthly visits. Wouldn't you need hard proof that you can scale your business meaning you would be able to get more traffic for your clients as well?

I don't get how you would get clients if you only hit 1k monthly visits. Wouldn't you need hard proof that you can scale your business meaning you would be able to get more traffic for your clients as well?
1K visitors a month in the finance sector, for example, can be more valuable than 10,000 visitors a month in the home and garden sector - it all depends on the monetization methods being employed.

1K visitors a month in the finance sector, for example, can be more valuable than 10,000 visitors a month in the home and garden sector - it all depends on the monetization methods being employed.
That's a fair point however, he said he has made 0$ so I assumed the worse. My main site which is bringing in most of my money has super low traffic but makes A LOT compared to the traffic. But, usually, it's way harder to outrank competitive terms on a way smaller site.

Hi again,

I understand all your points, but I'll try to chase down some clients all the same. Do you have any tips on how to land the first clients? And what about pricing?

I have been doing SEO for a friend's website for a year now, so I know the basics of keyword research, on-page SEO, and backlinks. However, I have no idea how much to charge for each service.

Learn sales. Heck go do a sales job for 6 months or a year. When I worked in financial product sales at a bank I was a top 10% performer there and eventually ended up training other people as part of the progression to being team leader etc and I absolutely suck compared to the folks who run agencies and manage to buy links from us at $200 and sell them for $990...

If you have to ask how to get the clients you'll struggle to get the prices/sales you want. Learn how to get ANY client/sell ANYTHING first then apply it to the business you start (whether it's SEO or something else). Remember even senior partners at accountancy firms often only make it because they grew their client book not because they did 'good counting numbers'.

It’s as easy as building a website to take in leads and host your case study, then cold outreach. At that point, it’s just a numbers game.

Back