CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update:

After saying fuk SEO, my organic search results have actually grown by 300%

the irony lol

Sorry for the double post, just realized cant edit.

Having a moment of reddit fame in the subreddit I'm targeting, first result but I see im getting called out for clickbaiting so I dont know how long this will last

lul

And we are on the first page of reddit. Resulted in quite a few more followers. I am fukn loving this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up, checked Reddit with coffee.... and WHAM. There it was... I thought "lol wat no way" and sped down the digital internet highway to get here as fast as I could to congratulate you. Good job!

Having a moment of reddit fame in the subreddit I'm targeting, first result but I see im getting called out for clickbaiting so I dont know how long this will last

4zvH4.jpg

I woke up, checked Reddit with coffee.... and WHAM. There it was... I thought "lol wat no way" and sped down the digital internet highway to get here as fast as I could to congratulate you. Good job!
Thanks, I feel like I've gained a lot of insight from this, now I know how to create some new targeted content. That's what makes me excited :D

LOL I noticed that while browsing reddit too. Did a double take. Good stuff bud. How many new likes has it gotten you?

LOL I noticed that while browsing reddit too. Did a double take. Good stuff bud. How many new likes has it gotten you?
Im really not sure, but my twitter acc is closing in on 20k now. I see someone has shared it to another subreddit. This is getting very interesting.

Update:

yesterday had over 500 pageviews and today seems to be the same. I have made over $5 with adsense today so I am happy. I am pushing for one article a day from now on and trying to hit ever place for traffic

yesterday had over 500 pageviews and today seems to be the same. I have made over $5 with adsense today so I am happy. I am pushing for one article a day from now on and trying to hit ever place for traffic

Good job on the earnings. It'll grow if you're consistent. That snowball effect will have everything accumulating into a larger and larger impact.

I remember reading somewhere that this type of project is not a Sprint Race, but a Marathon. Stay consistent and steady so you don't burn out far too early, and you'll make it to the finish line (if you don't get caught cheating).

@builttodominate

Good stuff!

Re: 1 article a day...
Just keep in mind it's a quality over quantity game when you're building a genuine audience. People will remember you for having great content, not for having a lot of content. Also, say you spend 3x as much time on each post, then people in some of the places you're promoting won't get tired of seeing you pop up everyday.

@MetaData @Ryuzaki

Am I on the right track here? Im creating a few articles for adsense clicks, so should I aim for keywords with high CPC in the keyword planner?

1/03/2015

sat from 4am to currently 10:37pm

what have i accomplished?

redesigned my site

wrote another article

posted a few threads on niche forums

blog comments

created reddit images

what have i got? less than 200 page views and $0.4 adsense earnings. brb kill myself

If you're going to stick with adsense you have to test placements.

Are you split testing adblock placements?

Are you tracking your three adblocks with separate channels to see which one is performing the worst so you can get rid of the worst one and test it in another position?

This is a great place to start. Right now you don't have a single ad in the spots that traditionally get the best ctr. (red)

Best-AdSense-Ad-positions-AdSense-Heat-map.jpg

@Calamari thanks for that, had no idea such a pic existed. saved me alot of time. I am currently testing. but testing takes time

but as for content, will the right keywords drive up the rpm and cpc?

I don't know, tbh. I focus on niches that get better rpm, not keywords.

I don't know what a typical ctr and rpm is in fitness.

What I do know is that you have a lot of retargetted on your site that are not relevant to fitness. When a person is on my site the ads are more relevant, even though I have opted into retargetting. I have no idea why that is happening but I see that on a lot of fitness sites. Are most fitness sites monetizing with adsense? Maybe they don't and that why.

When I go to your site I see ads for internet marketing. When I go to my site I see ads for what the topic of the page is.

I don't know, tbh. I focus on niches that get better rpm, not keywords.

I don't know what a typical ctr and rpm is in fitness.

What I do know is that you have a lot of retargetted on your site that are not relevant to fitness. When a person is on my site the ads are more relevant, even though I have opted into retargetting. I have no idea why that is happening but I see that on a lot of fitness sites. Are most fitness sites monetizing with adsense? Maybe they don't and that why.

When I go to your site I see ads for internet marketing. When I go to my site I see ads for what the topic of the page is.

Most seem to be selling supplements or apparel. so i thought id sign up for amazon associates too

will the right keywords drive up the rpm and cpc?

Yes. An old school tactic was to drive traffic from other pages in your site, or from off-site (not organic) to pages optimized for higher paying keywords. It's a tricky game because your traffic is not likely to be nearly as targeted doing this, but you could game it right to increase earnings. I don't think this specific example is worth going after. Just focus on building up the brand in general.

As far as what you're talking about, sure, absolutely. That's the entire point of keyword research. "Can I get traffic to a page optimized for this valuable term in a way that causes them to take whatever action makes me money?"

As far as what you're talking about, sure, absolutely. That's the entire point of keyword research. "Can I get traffic to a page optimized for this valuable term in a way that causes them to take whatever action makes me money?"

Does this apply to adsense display network campaigns?

Of course it would apply to the search network, but they are two completely different animals. His site is only relevant to the display network.

Most seem to be selling supplements or apparel. so i thought id sign up for amazon associates too

But once you do this, absolutely focus on higher converting terms. No doubt about that.

11:57pm, didnt reach the 1k i aimed for today but since its 3min to a new day, time to keep grinding :D
Also have almost reached 20k twitter followers, 50 to go
TcvnGpq.png

once i figure out this traffic leak thing, im going to kill it

Last edited:
Right I woke up early to get this shit done, need to hit 1k today. Hit 20k followers on twitter, now to grow IG. Start of the days traffic:

o90qOZz.png

6:32pm, same situation as yesterday. The problem is i have focused too much on one platform, need to explore more
zHrBgww.png

11pm - feel like im going to drop from lack of sleep. Pretty much the same stats as yesterday, probably more by 12pm. Annoyed I didn't hit 1k again, so tomorrow I will start @CCarter 's calender idea I saw over in the final boss thread.

last month i did about 80-90 views per day only 2.9k for the whole month then I pulled my head out of my ass and now we're improving

aofgLoe.png

hit a new best and its only 9pm :D

yacBqQY.png

looking at my first post on page 1 here im pretty much pulling in the same amount of people in one day than i did in a month

also i didnt filter out my IP in my first analytic screenshot i posted on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back