Your Thoughts On Network Marketing, Thrash!!! or Can It Make You Cash?

Your Thought On Network Marketing

• Total voters

AbdulJabbr

Lucifer's Right Hand
Degree
Maybe am trolling and maybe, just maybe am NOT but seriously what are your thoughts on Network Marketing? @CCarter @built

are the rumours true or is it just a truce ?
& if so what's possible? any personal experience?
companies you recommend?

i swear some swear forever forever, there are also other companies like herbalife, GNLD et.al

Network marketing also known as multi level marketing which is a form of direct selling, it has been compared to the pyramid scheme and its generally one of the most CONTROVERSIAL opportunities in the world we live in.

we have people on one side, who have been burned for lack of better word to describe the

RUIN!!!

and other who make wonderful claims and performing super well earning $100,000 + and above...

Generally it is supposed to be
  • finanicially cheaper to start (as opposed to creating your product)
  • a business of people so you are forced to learn how to create solid relationships that you can potentially "exploit"

BUT if all these are wrong you could potentially lose
  1. a shitload of cash $$$
  2. waste a whole lot of time doing crap
  3. annoy the fuck out of your friends (i.e you become far more annonying than a Jehovah witness)

OKAY fuck all the long words!

we all have that one silky smooth friend (or maybe erm...dozens of em) that pester us about network marketing, seriously what do you feel?
@Ryuzaki @MetaData

DISCLAIMER: sorry if i did not tag you as i do not know everyone on here and it will particularly look clumsy if i were to tag everyone

Last edited:
I think you've lost your god-damn fucking mind that's what.

If someone has to pester you so they can get a sale then it's clear they are not providing actual value to you. If you are exchanging money but are not getting value you will feel like you got scammed/ripped off. Whether it's from a friend, a website, a corporation, or some Linkedin buddy.

The question is, Does what you offer actually improve the people's lives? If you have no qualms about taking money but not adding value to people's lives then go for it. But to everyone else you look like a scammer.

I personally don't associate with or have anyone in my circle that would associate with any such things. I know people that offered me stupid shit like this and I just deleted them from my contacts. I'm better off not knowing them and telling them to lose my number if they can't see a clear scam in front of them. I'm also safer.

Affiliate marketing creates value for brands and that's why they employ it. But at the same time even affiliate marketing can create negative situations like a I talk about here: Launching a New Membership Site - I'd appreciate your opinion

So if even affiliate marketing and SEO are seen in a negative light at times, how much lower do you think these pyramid scams are seen as?

It's always the "lets get rich quick" crowd that want to do nothing to get their "riches" that tend to fall for this stuff. Really think about where your life is headed if you need to go down this route. Maybe try adding value to people's lives instead of trying to "one-up" someone.

When I was younger, my parents joined Amway on top of both of their regular full time jobs.

The difference between them and idiots was they didn't harass people, become obsessed disciples, and all this craziness. They didn't pitch it to their family and friends. They would go out to local business meetings and places were people looking for opportunity were already at.

I ended up at a lot of meetings, drop offs and pick ups for products, and even the big annual ball room dances and all of that. Read the magazines.

They did fairly well until we moved to another state and they lost their network, but didn't need it. I later asked them just how well they did with it, and only dealing with this on the weekends and the occasional wednesday drop off, they pulled down an extra $30k a year, which would be about $60k in today's money.

Would I ever get involved in this? No. But early adopters in the more reputable MLM's make a killing, but the danger there is determining whether or not it's a pyramid scheme.

I must say though, it was cool to read the magazines and to look at their level system of precious gems and watch people graduate through it nationwide, especially comparing it to the chart of how much profit each level meant you were making.

I also really miss a lot of Amway's products I grew up with, especially their tea lol.

There's a person in my city I see once in a blue moon who drives one of those pink Mary Kay Cadillacs for hitting their top level too.

Recently at the gym, a gym bro asked me to spot him, and I did, and we were just chatting and in the end the whole thing was a sham. He didn't need a spot, didn't care who I was, wasn't interested in all of the lead up questions he asked me. The whole thing was to get me to try to sell some kind of diet product under him in some MLM crap. I love how they've tried to rebrand as "network marketing" to remove the stigma of MLM.

There are a few of these companies that are legit enough, but they are probably 1% or less of the total number of crap out there designed to get idiots to do their bidding. Reminds me of affiliate marketing :(

Maybe try adding value to people's lives instead of trying to "one-up" someone.
my take away from your solid opinion

i'lld say it gets confusing for a lot of people judging by the fact that its endorsed by some big names like Donald Trump, & Robert Kiyosaki even Richard Brandson

and some people do claim that the products actually do deliver only always straight up over priced

Would I ever get involved in this? No. But early adopters in the more reputable MLM's make a killing, but the danger there is determining whether or not it's a pyramid scheme.
quite true, i guess this is basically what lures others into thinking if he can do it, i can too or if am not getting it right then the problem is "me"

Last edited by a moderator:
Network Marketing has a bad name. That being said....1. Do you believe in the product or service? 2. Does the product or service offer value and is the price competitive? 3. Are you passionate about that industry? If you can answer yes to all 3, then its just a matter of marketing the product/service in an authentic way.

of course you can make $ with it, as a marketer it's out job to sell. I can sell anything, if I needed to sell a shit ton of kits and run a team/weekly webinars/ etc etc I could. But just like everything it requires work.

Some guy tried pulling this shit on me at the gym. Starts with complimenting your form or asking for some lifting advice, giving a 'hi hows it going' every time he sees you, than he straight up says to me one day "are you working right now? Interested in a new opportunity?" I straight away told him I'm not interested in no pyramid scheme bull shit. He looked pretty choked up, he no longer says hi to me

Some guy tried pulling this shit on me at the gym. Starts with complimenting your form or asking for some lifting advice, giving a 'hi hows it going' every time he sees you, than he straight up says to me one day "are you working right now? Interested in a new opportunity?" I straight away told him I'm not interested in no pyramid scheme bull shit. He looked pretty choked up, he no longer says hi to me

if you have to do it in person it's never going to work, if you can reach 1,000 guys like that over the internet and get them to do the same exact thing he's doing to you in other gyms across the globe you would be in a pretty decent spot

Back