You guys think this is a good strat?

Degree
So I was removing many articles from few of my blogs which had a lot of general and competitive articles and stuff like that. After that, I was looking at the competitors in the make money online niche.

I noticed a website, particularly which seemed to have very few articles and yet on SEMRUSH and similarweb it shows a lot of traffic. (Generally, MMO sites don't get a ton of traffic.) So I looked at all their tabs, they were Product Review tab which had like crypto courses, other scammy wso courses where they recommend wealthy affiliate at the end. they also had tools and software tab which had reviews on keyword resarch tools and all sorts of other saas tools which were not known as ahrefs and semrush. and a "blog" tab which had articles on crypto, dropshipping, amazon fba, business advice, self improvement and stuff.

If we add all these up I'd say it would be: 200 articles or so. Then after that, I checked their sitemap.

I found out they have almost 2k articles. But here's the thing there is no way of accessing these outside of looking at the sitemap.

They had articles on: Book summaries, quotes for harry potter, and things like this. But in their article, they had display ads and button for "Make Passive Income Online" which I am going to assume links to wealthy affiliate funnel. Also near the end, they somehow make a shitty connection to the quote thing they wrote the article on and send them to the WA funnel.

You guys think this is an effective strategy long term? I thought a general blog is bad to have and the more focused, more relevant blog ends up more successful in the long run.

Now, I don't know if this strategy is to get more money from the existing articles which are accessible through the nav bars on the site since the website naturally builds more backlinks and rises up. OR if it's to make more money from wealthy affiliate sales which are converting from random-ass articles like quotes or book summaries of things.

You guys think this is an effective strategy long term?
No. Websites like these provide no value and have no longevity because they aren't a brand. They're a churn-and-burn style project designed to gather table scraps and to help the website owner think they're achieving success when they're just wasting time they could be spending building a legitimate website that provides real value.

Is it better than doing nothing? Sure.

Is it a good idea? No. Some of the reasons that popped into my head while reading it is that orphaned pages aren't held in high regard by the site they are hosted on any more than by Google, and what chance do you really think you have of converting a person reading Harry Potter quotes into a buyer of a MMO course?

They're clearly playing a numbers game there, because the conversion rate is low. They're also likely just trying to boost indexation and pass page rank to the pages they want to rank. This random topic stuff is going to hurt their "rankability".

I wouldn't call it a short term or a long term strategy. It's just pissing into the wind and wasting your time and money. It's just as easy to do stupid crap as it is to do it right.

Back