WTF website designs

Aezio

BuSo Pro
Degree
I stumbled upon this website and couldn’t help laughing with a mix of WTF.

http://archive.is/8m9bO

Is this the future of website design? is this how the next generation want their content?

Holy shit.

Also if you find WTF designs share your findings.

God damn that is insane... The text bubbles with emojis are brilliant/crazy, but the formatting is way too much. Neat find.

If you check out the live page it's actually pretty nifty. You can respond with emojis etc. Good to see people trying new designs.

I'd say it's a clever design for women in mind. Don't think it would work well for a sports or video game site.

Anything to extended time on site and reduce bounce rate is a great thing.

Lings Cars is amazing. She constantly redesigns it but it's always absurdly ugly.

Cd1S3N1.png

The thing is, it's very well done in regards to "extra features" like little jQuery animations everywhere, live webcams, changing the traffic sign, etc.

btwULV2.png

Scrolling through an internal product page is a pretty interesting experience. Lot's of goofy, but likely effective copywriting.

From the interview:

Lings Cars has been proven not only to attract visitors, but convert them too, turning over more than £40m a year!

And

Q: In one of your 2008 talks, an audience member asked you if you had considered creating a more traditional website to accompany LingsCars – How did this venture go and does it still exist today?

LING:This is an often-repeated question from people whose instinct is to follow the herd. I have my website, and that’s it. I enjoy it having character. To create a “boring” version, would be stupid in my opinion, and a cop-out.

Back