Would you sell a Macbook Pro to improve your pc?

Degree
Hey guys, this is kind of a stupid question haha but I just decided to ask this and see what would you guys do to decide a little better.

So the thing is that I used to work on an network from home, so I just needed a computer. The problem was that from time to time I visit my family so I decided to buy a Macbook Pro and try out Apple to be able to work from my parents house, the laptop is awesome, It's a Macbook Pro 15inch from mid 2015 with an i7 quad core with 2.2GHz base, 250gb SSD and 16gb RAM, I love the QHD screen and the trackpad is awesome. The problem is that for the money that costed, about 2k€ I think I could get a way better deal for my computer.

I have a desktop PC with a i7 4770K, 16gb ram, 120gb SSD, 2TB hdd storage, a nvidia gtx 770 oc, and a 27inch 1920x1080 monitor. So I was thinking about selling my Macbook Pro, I could sell it from 1500€ to about 1700€, and improve my desktop and I could still have money to buy another laptop, I use more my Macbook Pro because the screen on my desktop just makes me cry of the big pixels after using an hdpi one, I have a headset that makes my head heart a lot, the good thing is that I have an awesome mechanical keyboard way better than the Macbook.

The idea is to sell the Macbook Pro and improve my desktop computer, I could install a 27inch 4k IPS screen, a gtx 1080 oc, install 32gb ram, get an astro a50 and install a 500gb ssd, the i7 4770K should keep up more or less, I could overclock it but it should be ok, and I still would have money left to buy a laptop if I want. What would you guys do, sell the Macbook Pro or just keep it?

Here are some pros and cons that comes to my mind right now about selling it.

Pros:

- I'll start using my desktop everyday again, being able to work with the 4k screen and astro will make it confortable again.

- I can do more 3d and intensive stuff, the Macbook Pro is supposed to be Pro, but it gets hot af by just using twitch, so you can imagine on a big 3d project, it does not even have a dedicated graphics card so it's really annoying to work on this thing sometimes. They have a problem with ventilation design and this thing throttles all the time, even goes under base clock so it becames reaaaaaally slow haha.

- Right now I use an external 1tb disk to save things from my mac, because it only haves 250gb ssd, with the desktop I could have a 500ssd for windows and a 120ssd for linux, 2tb storage and even increase it a little more for better backups.

- I could use a linux distro for daily work, I really like mac os but I enjoy even more linux, I'm starting on studying security and few more things, I would like to learn how to make linux from scratch aka my own linux distro, on my Macbook I can't make linux to run well, and I don't have enough knowledge to make my own kernel yet, so I can't really use linux, the laptop runs really hot all the time for some reason, somethings don't work the way they are supposed to and I don't feel confortable using it this way.

- This one is stupid but really annoys me, I don't know how to remove the mouse acceleration on mac os, I've used some 3rd party programs and they kind of do the thing but they don't work for me, the acceleration is really weird on mac os so I just use the trackpad all the time which works really well somehow.

- I would have a working/gaming paradise haha, 4k screen, gtx 1080, astro a50, mechanical keyboard, 32gb ram, what else could I ask for? haha

Cons:

- Not too many things comes to my mind, with the Macbook you have portability and you get about 7-8 hours of light work, and I can work anywhere in the house, outside in my balcony or in a bar, but I could do the same on a cheaper laptop, yes I might not get a QHD screen, or the awesome trackpad or the same power, I mean if I did want to I could buy a new hexacore 4k laptop that would be about the money I can get and would beat any Macbook but I prefer to improve the desktop.

- Sounds stupid again haha, but one of the reasons I'm thinking it this much it's because of my mom, I usually tell her my plans even on small things like this and even that the laptop is mine, that I live alone and I take my own decisions she influence me a lot haha, and when I asked her she was like you are crazy what you are doing right now again now that you bought that laptop you want to sell it? blabla haha, I feel like I keep asking for permission somehow haha, she doesn't really know too much about tech at all but she did enough to make me thing about it, so what would you guys do?

You have several Pros and you have really, 0 Cons.

Seems pretty simple to me.

You have several Pros and you have really, 0 Cons.

Seems pretty simple to me.
I've been thinking about it, and after reading my own post I got to the same conclusion haha, I don't really know why but I wasn't too convinced, but I've talk with my mom again and I think that I will probably sell it.

Back