Would a "guest post" thread be of any value?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
This is something I've seen done successfully in other private groups and forums. Basically a thread where members can request or offer guest posts for their sites. Might be either straight up or on a quid pro quo basis. Naturally, this wouldn't work on a larger noob heavy (read: spam heavy) board, but a small community like this could work it out.

It would be up to the individual website owner to accept or decline of course, but this site makes a point of great content, not just "guess its okay" content. Nope, GREAT content.

What do you think?

Check out the Human Resources section. There are already members trading posts in there. You could jump on there or even start a thread to wrangle it all into one containable spot. Just make sure you aren't trading with brand new members who seem to sign up just for that purpose and make sure privacy and operational security is in place.

I would be interested in participating in a link exchange. I have a couple blogs with very few outgoing links. Content written must be quality and in the same niche.

We did this on WickedFire with poor results. There was a large spreadsheet where everyone could add their sites to receive guest post offers.

What happened was there was a very small number of quality sites and a very large number of crappy sites that you would never want a link on.

The guys with the nice sites eventually got sick of being bombarded with requests and removed their sites from the pool.

Best bet is to follow @Ryuzaki 's advice and hit up the Human Resources section.

Back