Wondering What We All Do...

How Do You Make Your Nut?

• I'm employed at a jerb ( job )

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I do client work as a freelancer ( marketing )

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • I do client work as a freelancer ( development )

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • I am an affiliate ( SEO, PPC, etc )

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • I flip sites

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • I sell on Amazon or some 3rd party ecom site like Etsy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I sell on my own site ( ecom )

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I have an authority site and sell off Adsense or some CPM network

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • I ebay stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I run MFA sites

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I do lead generation ( national or local )

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I troll daily for profit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • I own a SaaS

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I do guru or coaching stuff

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I write ebooks

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Just curious what we all do. I think I left it anon, but if I didn't the mods can change it.

Does flipping 2 sites count as "flipping sites"?

^^ is that what you mainly do? If so, it counts. I added some things I do on the side... so it could all count.

I'm glad you set it up to choose more than one option, because...

I'm an affiliate who builds MFA's to flip using CPC ads and PPCall Lead Generation while working on my main authority site.

I want to add PPC into that mix badly. That day will come when I also add my own products into the mix, which is also coming.

9-5 agency SEO, have 30+ clients.

On the side though I have 2 clients that are super high end in a soft market, and 2 sites I am making right now doing the slow and steady route.

I chose multiple options as well. I'm a freelance Linux consultant and developer. On any given day I'm setting up new servers per client specs, troubleshooting server issues and basically doing my best to answer the "how do I do x in Linux" questions that go beyond the basics. My "cpanel" is a terminal emulator.

On the programming side, I develop web apps that range from custom eCommerce systems to elaborate scraping systems. I wrote about the internals of a SaaS I created for a client back in Jan that you can read about here. It's still running strong today and hasn't had a major crash or anything other than minor issues since it was launched.

My own project is music industry related, specifically local musicians in my area. It has been through different iterations over the years with varying levels of income from Amazon, Adsense and zZounds. Nothing to write home about, but enough to justify putting in a hell of a lot more time into it.

After working 10 yrs in the ATM industry, I started my own agency doing local marketing and Web design when the company I worked for was sold. I still service ATMs on the side on a part time basis.

Reactions: emp
Freelance marketing and copywriting, and I own a handful of informational, affiliate and ecomm websites that do varying levels of alright depending on the month and time of year.

Jerb (ending today), Freelance Web Dev, affiliate, local lead gen.

::emp::

I sell life and health insurance in real life, so i just ticked lead generation, because that's basically how insurance agents put food on the table. Built a few sites earning good income from aff links and adsense, now learning (gulp!) ppc.

I selected several too.

I have a couple of decent SaaS plays, tons of old affiliate / MFA stuff bobbing around and a couple of ecommerce shops that sell on multiple channels (fancy, etsy, amazon, rakuten, newegg).

I'm building out an authority content site currently, an online school / training type of setup for a super high end niche that doesn't have one.

I own a design company, now with about 15 full time staff. And a staff leasing company with 7 full timers.

Got a ton of other projects as well... from affiliate sites to listicles, etc.

PS - you need an "I own a company" option, or something :D

Last edited:
I was a eCommerce manager in the automotive, beauty, and outdoor/camping industries before. Was also a account manager at a small SEO firm. Got my real estate license this past december and have been in real estate training until last month.

I figure all the knowledge/time i've spent/learn on WF and BuSo can go towards building lead gen sites for my real estate business. I'd also figure I can sell my leads as well or handle the lead myself to give referral business to other real estate brokers.

@Krass I'm curious; since you're an insurance agent, have you built lead gen sites for your insurance leads?

@Phenom please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think I read in other threads that you do lead gen sites as well? Maybe you can point me in the right path? In terms of building email lists, landing pages, data collection, and automated follow up?

1) I do client work as a freelancer ( marketing )
2) I do client work as a freelancer ( development )
3) I do lead generation ( national or local )

and I flip some sites from time to time, for pennies ( but I'm leaving it)

But my main goal and source of income is going to be:

5) I sell on my own site ( not ecom )
6) I have an authority site and sell off Adsense or some CPM network
7) I sell great time and relax at my country side ( a small offline business for rather wealthy people)

First three gives me money for food and shelter, and so I can work on 5, 6 and 7 with peace of mind.

I'm wearing multiple hats right now.

1) Freelance content creation, slowly converting into producing sales copy.
2) Building an authority site based off of AdSense and affiliate links.
3) Creating a community to teach entrepreneurs how to build a website and sell with it.
4) Creating a product teaching freelance writers and copywriters how to find clients, get paid more, and manage their time and money.
5) Re-learning SEO on a site that I intend to turn into an eCommerce / FBA platform eventually.

In the end, I see myself getting paid thousands to write high converting sales copy (#1), running an online magazine / charitable organization (#2), managing a community with at least 1,000 members (#3), selling 100 copies a month of an eBook (#4), and learning the eCommerce business (#5).

All of this while trying to learn how to drive traffic outside of SEO. Driving traffic is my weak point in the grand scheme, and something I never learned how to do, other than "rank and bank".

Looking back, I've had some big ideas that all failed because I couldn't drive traffic to them. I think if I fix that one area, I'll be unstoppable.

Last edited:
I was a eCommerce manager in the automotive, beauty, and outdoor/camping industries before. Was also a account manager at a small SEO firm. Got my real estate license this past december and have been in real estate training until last month.

I figure all the knowledge/time i've spent/learn on WF and BuSo can go towards building lead gen sites for my real estate business. I'd also figure I can sell my leads as well or handle the lead myself to give referral business to other real estate brokers.

@Krass I'm curious; since you're an insurance agent, have you built lead gen sites for your insurance leads?

@Phenom please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think I read in other threads that you do lead gen sites as well? Maybe you can point me in the right path? In terms of building email lists, landing pages, data collection, and automated follow up?
Yeah I do. Its basically all industry specific for me. But yes I build lists, have a monthly newsletter and basic things. But the clients I have are rather loyal. But I just use aweber I believe. Nothing flashy.

Yeah I do. Its basically all industry specific for me. But yes I build lists, have a monthly newsletter and basic things. But the clients I have are rather loyal. But I just use aweber I believe. Nothing flashy.

Other than sending newsletters to your subscribers, what kind of activities are you doing to funnel leads into your landing pages? Traffic leak? local seo for specific business? social media posts?

Back