Will AI videos replace man-made, search-based YouTube videos?

Degree
Hi, I launched a new site a few months ago in the tech troubleshooting niche. I also started a YT channel along with that. The site was growing well until it got hammered in the HCU and core update and I see no hope of recovery. The site is not being outranked by other niche websites, but rather reddit and forum results related to the product (like apple/mac forums). The YT channel on the other hand is growing well. I've decide to go all-in on the YT channel instead of the site. How many years do you think I have until tech troubleshooting videos are replaced by AI on Youtube? I don't want to put loads of effort and spend dollars on it only to get quickly replaced with AI.
My videos are me talking to the camera with the product showing the viewer how to solve some issue. like how to fix airpods not connecting or iPhone not loading etc. The current response to these videos from audience is quite good in the comments.

The audience is primarily there for the information rather than my personality in the videos.

YouTube is one of the few places protecting itself from AI generated content by disincentivizing it. Most AI heavy channels reach the monetization threshold and find out they are ineligible, and that word has spread. But as AI gets better, this protection will dwindle.

YouTube is already about to force users to disclose if their videos contain AI voices or figures (especially in regards to parodies and using famous faces) and display that to viewers.

The issue with search content is the highest ranking videos get the clicks, and nobody will know you’re the only legit one until they watch. And since they want info, they are likely to bounce from bad videos quickly until they find you, which will help you rank. Especially once they catch on to how much trash is out there with robot voices and text slides.

I’d want to really show that I’m a real person in the video in the thumbnail to bait the click in the sea of fake videos. I’d keep it short and to the point. No intros and no talking about yourself. Just get the highest retention rate, and thus watch time, you can.

Something you guys have to ask yourself, whether it's text, articles, or video, when it comes to A.I - is the content better?

For most blogs and articles not really. But video - if the question gets answered quickly and easily and allows the user to move on with their day, then you're in potentially a lot of trouble. YouTube can try to protect itself for as long as possible, but if Vimeo or others start being the go-to source for video related queries then it's trouble.

Here is an example of Quora implementing A.I. and creating better answers: Quora ChatGPT Bot Answers

That literally kills the incentive to participate on Quora if Bots are answering questions now.

It's similar to the next generation using TikTok to search for stuff and not going directly to Google. Whether you agree or like it or not, it doesn't matter. THEY ARE DOING IT. That create a scenario where there is a growing potential audience which you do not have access to.

Let's say worse case scenario - YouTube has a competitor come along and just drain the attention away from YouTube and into it, let's call it a Clock-App.

This Clock App allows A.I. content.

This Clock-App allows people to monetizing their content and generate affiliate sales.

This Clock-App has more time on site than Google or YouTube.

In that scenario where YouTube was trying to stop A.I. - it didn't work because they can't control user behavior, they can only adapt to it. Hence why we have YouTube Shorts, cause of a Clock-App competitor.

So, is the content better? Who decides the answer - the audience. If YouTube discovers more people are watching A.I. generated content than humans generated, don't think for a second they won't throw you under a bus for their profits.

All you have to do is look at the evidence of their parent company Google - "my content is better" guys seem to be complaining an awful lot about their sites tanking.

Google and YouTube are after profits, they'll follow profits, and if that means changing their stances on A.I. - believe you me, they will do it.

It all comes down to what the users do and where their attention is at. And time is running out for a lot of you unless you figure it out. Tick tock, TICK TOCK...

It all comes down to what the users do and where their attention is at.
This.

What I will say, though, is that A.I. video content = laziness = low quality. Nobody watches long-form videos with A.I. generated voices and watermarked stock footage.

I understand that the quality of A.I. is supposedly improving all the time (even though they literally throttled ChatGPT on purpose) but there's so much more to creating high-quality videos than just generating a script and placing generic stock footage in the timeline.

Creating high-quality video content is a lot more difficult than people think. For example, scriptwriting is very intricate and is a skill in itself, just like copywriting. ChatGPT is not and will not produce better scripts than humans.

It's the same old story: People looking for a "quick route to success" (shiny object syndrome) will mass upload a bunch of garbage A.I. videos, they'll get nowhere, and they'll quit. Keep in mind, I'm referring to long-form content on YouTube here - people on TikTok genuinely seem to be braindead stupid so it's no surprise people can just generate images with Midjourney and create narrations with the IBM Watson voice and see some success.

I just saw a thread on where real time AI is right now. In-fuckin-credible

People worried about AI text flooding the internet... We have no idea what's about to come.

I was one of the ones unimpressed by chatgpt content, it was garbage. But now if you do things right - even with 3.5 turbo - you can get some pretty good text content out of it.

And from what I can see in image/video AI... we're already at the point where VERY compelling content can be made with ease (not laziness obv but relative ease).

Runway... ElevenLabs... Pika... Animateanything

We can all already (today) open up our own movie studios.

This time next year... Jesus grab the wheel...

My advice is learn all of the visual AI tools and start integrating them into your videos now. And if it so happens that people don't mind purely AI video reviews, it doesn't have to mean you just pack it in and give up.

Back