Why more traffic doesn't mean more customers

Degree
The hardest fight I had in my life is one against the conversion rate. As an owner of an e-commerce store with 10k SKUs, I always thought that getting more traffic resolve all my issues.
That time I was not totally aware of all different traffic sources but I was sure that its a key for success. I started my journey by analyzing the competitors. As an outcome, I found out that I was missing some fundamental keywords with 50k+ monthly volume. Adding those keywords I got ranked for them on positions 90-100 on google. After some further research, I found out that the thing I am really missing is authority. So using some black and white hat SEO techniques I got enough DA to compete with others on the first page of google. Another strategy I used is optimizing keyword descriptions and writing more SEO friendly articles.
My traffic got increased by 200% and kept growing each month. However, I received the same amount of orders daily as before.
It was an important lesson I have learned. There are multiple reasons that could cause a bad conversion rate:
  1. Bad products data
  2. Missing data
  3. Missing reviews
  4. Poor description
  5. Customer support issues
  6. High pricing
  7. Confusing website

Moving slowly one by one you need to get all of them resolved. I was able to increase my conversion rate from 0.35% to 1.75% and keep growing. Keep in touch with your customers cause they can share some valuable comments for you.
Share your experience in the comments below!

These spambots writing content are getting better all the time apparently.

One way to tell this is [spun content] + a [bot posting to forum spam] are the paragraphs aren't spaced correctly - the punctuation.

The grammar is perfect - too perfect, meaning it was ran through some grammar checker script, but there is no "flavor" to the content so to speak.

You sort of can tell something is off by re-reading it and cause there is no "meat" on the bone of this. Nothing specific to address a problem. It's a feeling. It's 2020 and people are still trying to spam forums with spun content - expecting what? conversions?

I assume the OP's native tongue isn't English either. Then you take a look at the username and it's like - have a bit more finesse.

You can't fake engagement, real-life like engagement, and this sort of example is what a lot of companies are doing with their social media. They would rather just paste a link to a blog post instead of engaging in conversations to generate more brand awareness.

Spammers gonna spam.

riOCnQ3.gif

Hello CCarter

Thank you for your attention. Honestly, inspired by your marketplace thread I decided to join this forum. You did a great job and I hope I can learn something from you.

I would like to address your points first.

1. I will structure my reply with more paragraphs this time.
  2. I believe nowadays everybody has a Grammarly extension installed in the browser and those who don’t are wrong.
  3. That was my first post ever. Next time I will try to do something better with the “meat” on the bone.
  4. I personally speak 8 languages on different levels and you are right English is not my native language. I don’t sell copywriting services so I don’t understand how it can be a problem.
  5. My username clearly states of what service I can offer and it’s a competitive service to yours.
  6. Engagement is what I am currently doing.

Since I got your attention maybe you can spend a few minutes and share some useful tips on how to be successful in this forum?

P.S. Sorry, I am not used to posting a gif so I can not address you with a proper one.

Tip: you can generate fake images of people for profiles by using https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

But I guess you already knew that one though, more so for the audience that didn’t.

Your spammy username is going to turn people off, you might want to put in a request to change it. Good luck.

It’s 2020 folks, is this really what we are here for? Entertaining spammers stuck in 2007.

rYLjmUf.gif

If y’all would quit deleting non topical shit posts we could run them off the fun way.

-_-

How it can be spammy if it represents the service I am offering?

I don’t expect your reply, but anyway:
Are you using fake accounts to promote yourself? I see you keep getting likes from the same forum users.

How it can be spammy if it represents the service I am offering?

I don’t expect your reply, but anyway:
Are you using fake accounts to promote yourself? I see you keep getting likes from the same forum users.

bwa hahahahaaha

10 out of 10 thread. Plz don't delete.

We're just his groupies. ]---

Finally someone figured it out. This forum is actually just @CCarter and his alt accounts having fake discussions with himself.

source.gif

I member the good old days of WF roast... man.

These spambots writing content are getting better all the time apparently.

One of my contact forms is getting absolutely slaughtered by these form-filling bots. They send automated outreach messages about CBD, jewelry, health food, etc articles that I can share on my website (which is NOT about any of those topics, obv.). And they easily defeat CAPTCHA.

I’m not willing to turn off the form because I do have more real conversations with real people, but at what point will that flip and it won’t be worth my time?

I guess we will need to create some AI to battle the AI.

OP I'm not sure what your website is, can you let me know?
Are you referring to the one I described in the post? It sells truck accessories like tonneau covers, racks, bars, and others. However, I don’t have a goal to promote it here so I won’t post the link.

One of my contact forms is getting absolutely slaughtered by these form-filling bots.

Have you tried calling your form with javascript? I do this on all my sites, first the contact form page is always noindex, nocache, nofollow - that is essential for it not to appear within Google or other search engine’s index.

Next I create a javascript that ajax calls the form html and places it on the contact form page.

Now most bots do not run/render javascript, so they were to even visit the page there is no form according to them. A user does run javascript so when they land on the page the form appears. I’m away from my computer but an example is if you visit the SW login page without javascript enabled you wouldn’t see a form to login cause it uses ajax to call the form itself.

You no longer need captcha once you implement this. :smile: I thought I wrote up code for this, but it might have been at WF, I'll see what I can do to show a version in a DevOps DevSeries post.

A tip for aspiring manual forum spammers. Genuine new forum users nearly always join because they want to solve a problem, so starting with a question is a good idea. An alternative is to start with a grievance, since that's also fairly common. Riskier, but can work really well.

Of course, if you are intending to promote a product / service then asking a question about it won't help your reputation. So go with a tertiary subject.
For example, if I was intending to flog a third rate link building services on a marketing forum, I might start with a question about fraudulent Facebook clicks, follow up with a rant about Facebook stealing my money, and then mention it's so frustrating because my SEO is making me thousands of dollars a month, but I really need to get FB working to promote a new service that no one searches for yet.

A tip for aspiring manual forum spammers. Genuine new forum users nearly always join because they want to solve a problem, so starting with a question is a good idea. An alternative is to start with a grievance, since that's also fairly common. Riskier, but can work really well.

Of course, if you are intending to promote a product / service then asking a question about it won't help your reputation. So go with a tertiary subject.
For example, if I was intending to flog a third rate link building services on a marketing forum, I might start with a question about fraudulent Facebook clicks, follow up with a rant about Facebook stealing my money, and then mention it's so frustrating because my SEO is making me thousands of dollars a month, but I really need to get FB working to promote a new service that no one searches for yet.
Actually this post was some kind of grievance. And the intention was to show that clients do not always know how to convert traffic into money. Theoretically, that’s not a problem of the link builder however it affects recurring sales.
Another thing to mention: “genuine new forum users” doesn’t always mean IM newbies so that’s not easy to come up with some stupid question just to bring some attention and likes.

Actually this post was some kind of grievance. And the intention was to show that clients do not always know how to convert traffic into money. Theoretically, that’s not a problem of the link builder however it affects recurring sales.
Another thing to mention: “genuine new forum users” doesn’t always mean IM newbies so that’s not easy to come up with some stupid question just to bring some attention and likes.

Great post op.

I would like to motion for op not being banned and instead give him protected Summit D status for life.

Back