Why is it so hard to find a good link builder?

Taq

Degree
I've tried numerous companies and freelancers but I always get poor results. Most link builders are just working off the same list. The ones that do try genuine outreach are unable to find links even after months, and usually give up. Maybe my niche is too hard.

How do I find quality link builders? Is it worth starting in-house outreach?

I think you would need to pay thousands for genuine outreach these days. It is just too hard and every site worth getting links from is in on it - they receive dozens of emails every week for free articles/outreach etc.

I have also tried many Upwork etc freelancers and had the same experience, they claim its genuine outreach but then you spot the same sites they managed to secure links on the same lists that also get spammed to you by link sellers. Worse is some of them had stellar reviews and feedback from people didn't know what they were being sold I guess.

To some extent I think it must depend on the niche.

Regardless I think you are going to need to pay webmasters for a link. Some will be ones that only respond to inbound emails, others will be on the same lists that you see everywhere.

You are probably better off directing that time and money into creating killer content and leaking it, then picking up organic links. Obviously much safer too.

Honestly you're better off doing outreach yourself. Looking manually on different blogs and sites in your niche for buying links.

If not, then info content in masses typically pick up HQ links after a bit of time and good positions in the SERPs (like Darth Vader said)

Have done 200 placements a month for agency with the usual guest post links, as well as done a lot of custom type of things for affiliate sites (resource pages, ego baiting .. ).

The thing is, at this point the targets that respond to you will be from the same types of sites, the custom linkbuilder might have actually gotten it from custom outreach, but Ahmed did it as well, and has it in his "high DA link list", so you end up getting the same link.

There are thousands of others who want links, but what can you do differently to stand out, or do something were they themselves will come to you and link ?

It's not just about the outreach, it's about what the site has to offer, what's the value exchange here ?

Are you willing to give the linkbuilder actually good resources to pitch, or are you willing to create something that in of itself will target pages that want to give you links ?

Can you create something that makes people angry or stroke their egos for them to be willing to talk about it ?

Can you create statistics that people need to verify their points ?

Can you create something that media wants to talk about, that will drive clicks in your niche ?

Example :
You are an affiliate in the sporting goods niche, so you create a study of some sort, that tells that the GYM equipment is filled with more bacteria than your toilet.

So now you have something to offer journalist (Shock which drives clicks, which is what they want ).

Now you have targets to reach out to that will be much warmer to you email, than "DO YOU OFFER GUEST POSTS SIR ???"

So many sports magazines and blogs that you can find and write to, some of whom will have links worth 4 figures, that you wouldn't otherwise get.

Or

Create a resources that people are looking for, and then pay Google to advertise it for queries that have a high linking rate ? Just as you would do keyword research for "buyer intent", you can do keyword research for "linker intent".

To do something such as this, you will need to pay a lot or do it on your own. This isn't anymore a drone worker who can execute, now you need creativity, research, risk taking, writing etc.

It helps a lot if you have a large SoMe following or email list imo.

I find many sites willing to publish good guest posts, but only if you share it with your followers.

Create a resources that people are looking for, and then pay Google to advertise it for queries that have a high linking rate ?
I have written two 4000 word informational articles I was planning to use for a skyscraper campaign. Is something like this worth paying Google to advertise to get links from?

I have written two 4000 word informational articles I was planning to use for a skyscraper campaign. Is something like this worth paying Google to advertise to get links from?
Do the competing articles have a lot of links? This would be an indicator.

I've tried numerous companies and freelancers but I always get poor results. Most link builders are just working off the same list. The ones that do try genuine outreach are unable to find links even after months, and usually give up. Maybe my niche is too hard.

If you were a good link builder, the world could be your oyster.

Why would you then spend hours working for others ( like you, trying to buy links )? You could just make your own properties and build your own links and work for yourself.

Why would you then spend hours working for others ( like you, trying to buy links )? You could just make your own properties and build your own links and work for yourself.
This argument sounds good on the surface. "Why would someone write a book explaining their real estate method instead of just doing it themselves?" That kind of thought seems to make sense.

The answer is, with link building and anything else, if you build the right systems you can do both and reach ultimate scale. You can have websites being built at scale and being linked to at scale with your link building skills, while simultaneously building links for others at scale. And you can do all of this without lifting a finger with the right systems.

Heck, those real estate guys don't even write the books. They have ghostwriters and editors do it all. They have systems in place to reach scale and sell millions of copies while still doing their own thing.

If you don't give a shit about it, the contractors you hire won't give a shit about it too.

If your link building plan is to hire someone for cheap off of UpWork and you wonder why their doing the same thing with a different verbiage, then very, very far off. They're in the UpWork market and they're just branding themselves differently to get sales but are selling the same low level shit. If you want high quality link building, have a solid business plan, hand out equity and/or a good salary, or something that'll attract qualified skilled workers who'll take care of link building for you.

I just watched a talk from the cofounder of ThumbTack. He spent 6 months on one content marketing piece and pitched it to 3 contacts to every US city's chamber of commerce, 3 contacts to every news paper, and 3 contacts to every city's tourism bureau. It took 2 weeks to write those custom emails. The result was that the content marketing piece became a fixture in the news and they now re-do the same piece every year.

Here's a similar piece of content from United Van Lines https://www.unitedvanlines.com/newsroom/movers-study-2020 . It has 1,600 referring domains, is featured in the news, and has tons of social media coverage.

The cofounder of ThumbTack gave a shit. The employee who did that for United Van Lines 44 years ago gave a shit.

You don't give a shit and your lack of shits made you look for link builders who also don't give a shit. Do something else if you don't care about your own business. The laziness that spews from this mentality is repulsive. Ugh.

@ORMAgencyDude You can earn more with specialization.

Back