Why are there so many journals fading away into the abyss?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Its kind of sad to see, but maybe they're grinding so hard they don't have time to update?

This.
Keeping the journal is just another task added to the pile.
Also, not every project has exciting news every day.

::emp::

This.
Keeping the journal is just another task added to the pile.
Also, not every project has exciting news every day.

hmm true, but I meant most of the old CC9 ones. Seem to have disappeared

Same thing.
As cc9 is over, the added value of getting feedback for your journal is also gone, leaving only the additional work.

Because the planning stages of a project are easy, mentally rewarding (Triggers reactions in your brain that feel like you've accomplished a lot more than you really have), and full of hope.

But when it gets down to the grind, a lot of people fall off.

It's easy to make a big list of things you're going to do. It's a lot harder to actually do them.

I disagree that the added value of getting feedback isn't there outside of the CC9, that's demonstrably false if you take a look at any journal in The Lab where the person writing it has asked for feedback and guidance. It's all there for anyone who is able to set their ego aside and ask for help (Which is one of the most important traits you'll see in successful people, but that's a whole other thread...)

We have a plan down the road for journals and case studies that actually make it from A to Z, and that should help incentivize / give that extra little push that some folks need, too. (Will roll this out once there are enough threads that fit that criteria.)

Some people benefit a lot from staying accountable to their projects through a journal (@built being a prime example of that), some get started then decide they'd rather not have that extra responsibility of updating a thread on their plate, some fall out of love with a project once the honeymoon is over, some people are stuck having to get a 9-5 and put their online dreams on the backburner, some people get hit by busses, some people can't find time to BuSo from their swimming pools full of liquor ... There are a myriad of reasons I guess.

I've got nothing impressive to share and the idea of keeping up with a journal isn't very appealing to me right now.

Maybe I'll come back around to it but it's not something I feel I need to do.

@MetaData
Sorry, I worded that wrong.
I think the CC9 Journals as a special case - were pretty motivated by the CC9 feedback.
"Hey, I am getting feedback by CCarter, Metadata, etc.."

As for al other journals fading away.
I stand with
1. "It is yet another thing to do"
and
2. "I can't share anything exciting right now"

I got #2 going for me with the borked SEO project right now. Actually moving it into exciting areas, but don't want to spill the beans before the grind is done.
AND - I'll rather invest into the grind on the project than talking about it.

My journal is stalled at the moment because I'm dealing with some issues both online and real world. An example of this is that my mother had an aneurysm burst in her brain, so I spent a large number of days at a hospital. I've also have the original project in a holding pattern while I get some online stuff sorted (hosting) and I have started a new project implementing all that I learnt from the first go round. I'm also preparing for another project that is in a completely different field.

I'll get back to the original soon, when I have stuff on the new project (in particular), and I will probably start a new one for the completely unrelated project. Time is a factor. So is actually having something to say that is worthwhile to anyone I guess.

Back