Why are my RPMs so low?

Degree
I finally reached 10K pageviews and joined Monumetric two weeks ago. I was expecting a boost in RPM to USD 15-25. However, I get an RPM of USD 1.5-2 which was what I was getting with Google Adsense and Ezoic. This has left me confused. What's the solution to increasing RPM? Currently on track to 25K pageviews a month now.

I finally reached 10K pageviews and joined Monumetric two weeks ago. I was expecting a boost in RPM to USD 15-25. However, I get an RPM of USD 1.5-2 which was what I was getting with Google Adsense and Ezoic. This has left me confused. What's the solution to increasing RPM? Currently on track to 25K pageviews a month now.
I have a site with Monumetric, the session RPM floats around $8-9 on average. It's been months now so I think that's just where it caps out.

It should be noted that it always takes time to ramp up your RPMs. Advertisers have already locked in their budgets and bids and your site may not be in their “buckets” of sites yet because budgets and plans haven’t renewed and rolled out yet. This could be weekly, monthly, quarterly.

And yeah, from what I’ve seen Monumetric won’t compete with Mediavine or Ad Thrive but their tech is nice and clean, compared to the horror show that is Ezoic. They’re a great middle step towards the big boys, even if it costs you a setup fee.

I have a site with Monumetric, the session RPM floats around $8-9 on average. It's been months now so I think that's just where it caps out.
Hopefully mine will increase.

It should be noted that it always takes time to ramp up your RPMs. Advertisers have already locked in their budgets and bids and your site may not be in their “buckets” of sites yet because budgets and plans haven’t renewed and rolled out yet. This could be weekly, monthly, quarterly.

And yeah, from what I’ve seen Monumetric won’t compete with Mediavine or Ad Thrive but their tech is nice and clean, compared to the horror show that is Ezoic. They’re a great middle step towards the big boys, even if it costs you a setup fee.
RPMs with Ezoic and adsense were abysmal and Ezoic completely destroyed the UI experience for the reader. But, it's much cleaner with Monumetric. Hopefully, I get an RPM increase as time passes.

if you just joined its most likely, their machine learning / AI / algorithim is still optimizing to give you the best RPM possible. Usually you hit the good RPM's after 2-3 months on the ad network because this is after they optimize the ads for you and your content

If you get around $2 RPM with Ezoic and Adsense, I would be very surprised if Monumetric was able to 10x it.

It really depends a lot on your site and traffic. Different networks can get you different rates, absolutely, but these are ad networks - I don't know if they're miracle workers who can take a $1.50 RPM site to $25, y'know? That's an unrealistic expectation.

I'd consider targeting higher value keywords/visitors to increase the RPM instead of hoping that a new network will drastically change it. There's something about your site that isn't appealing to advertisers enough to earn you higher RPMs. As others have said, it could also be a time thing. How long did you have it simmering on Adsense and Ezoic?

Fairly recently, I've had a site pushing $20 RPM's on Adsense, another one that did $15 on Ezoic, one that did $8 on Monumetric. It really depends on a lot of factors. There's the perceived hierarchies of ad networks like Media.net -> Adsense -> Ezoic -> Monu -> Adthrive or what have you, but I don't think it always shakes out that way.

If you get around $2 RPM with Ezoic and Adsense, I would be very surprised if Monumetric was able to 10x it.

It really depends a lot on your site and traffic. Different networks can get you different rates, absolutely, but these are ad networks - I don't know if they're miracle workers who can take a $1.50 RPM site to $25, y'know? That's an unrealistic expectation.

I'd consider targeting higher value keywords/visitors to increase the RPM instead of hoping that a new network will drastically change it. There's something about your site that isn't appealing to advertisers enough to earn you higher RPMs. As others have said, it could also be a time thing. How long did you have it simmering on Adsense and Ezoic?

Fairly recently, I've had a site pushing $20 RPM's on Adsense, another one that did $15 on Ezoic, one that did $8 on Monumetric. It really depends on a lot of factors. There's the perceived hierarchies of ad networks like Media.net -> Adsense -> Ezoic -> Monu -> Adthrive or what have you, but I don't think it always shakes out that way.

I was with adsense for two weeks and Ezoic for 2 months. Now, RPMs are USD6. Also like you said earlier it might the keywords or the niche. Might have to look for other monetization opportunities since people in their niche are passionate.

Back