Why am I getting sales off FB boosts but not FB ads manager?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
So i've been selling a product that ran well on Ebay.

I tested with some boosts on posts and i was doing 1-3 sales or sales attempt a day, only spending $10.

I tested on FB ads manager with $150 day budget/$60 per conversion, i can't net a single sale.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using thee same targets and information.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using thee same targets and information.

User intent. The platforms’ have different reasons for their visitors coming. Within Facebook people are looking to be entertained or gossip or catch up with friends, to get ghem to buy sething during that moment takes a lot more effort and energy. When people are on ebay or Amazon they are in the buying mood, they literally are on hte platform to buy something, so naturally your ADs on ebay and Amazon will convert easier than Facebook.

Amazon and eBay convert better than search ads like Google PPC as well since the sole intent on being on those two platforms is to buy something. Google is a mixed bag since the intent is not clearly know unless you are specific with they keywords you are targeting like “buy red bottoms heels” versus “shoes” (I talk about this in greater detail within the Keyword Research Day of the DSCC).

So even targeting the exact same audience and demographics on different platforms will get you different results based on the reasoning the visitor is on that platform in the first place.

Edit: Nevermind, I read it wrong and thought you mean ebay ADs versus FB ADs. Not FB boost versus FB ADs.

Edit: Nevermind, I read it wrong and thought you mean ebay ADs versus FB ADs. Not FB boost versus FB ADs.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

I did mean FB Boost Post vs FB Ads Manager Ads.

I'm getting sales off boosted post and not FB ads manager.

I can't post the site but I would show in DM if you're open for a review.

Budget could play a roll. Campaigns perform alot different at small spend vs just randomly throwing them a larger amount.

I think boost posts are always PPE, what objective is your ad in Ads manager?

You doing the same ad copy, CTA, etc?

Yup. Same Ad copy.

Conversions is the objective in FB.

Conversions to the 'receipt/thank you' after checkout.

I have a hot product... I know this..... I even have the best domain, so good that if i trademarked it right now I'd be able to SHUT THINGS DOWN and kill ebay sales for a lot.

I spent $24 today on ad manager so far and no sales.
I was getting 1 sale off $5 with the boosted posts.

My friend advised me to try the conversions .... but I'm struggling to find success in it

I'd love to partner with someone with experience b/c there's a million dollar company that pushed this product before.. and i have the 'off shoot' nickname the world ran with. ..but no one owns, yet.

I'd already put my logo together and submitted to some places to prevent someone from taking it before me.

Aren't the boosted posts directly in the FB feed whereas the FB ADs off to the side? That's probably why you are getting better conversions since people see that right in the feed. I haven't been on FB in a while so I could be off.

How many days has the boosted post versus the ad been running for?

ereas the FB ADs off to the side? That's probably why you are getting better conversions since people see

You can choose. in Ads manager you can select placements but ads manager definitely lets you get more options to customize campaign.

How many days has the boosted post versus the ad been running for?

The Boosted posts got sales within 1 day of running. It's just hard to scale.

In Ads manager, I've been trying 4-5 days .... Haven't traced a single sale.

The Boosted posts got sales, 1 day.

In Ads manager, I've been trying 4-5 days .... Haven't traced a single sale.

Have you been running the same ad for 4 days or did you pause it, stop it and create a new one, etc?

Did you double check settings/audiences? That was what my gut said you should do.

Have you been running the same ad for 4 days or did you pause it, stop it and create a new one, etc?

Did you double check settings/audiences? That was what my gut said you should do.

I would stop ads, recreate after running for the day. THOUGH, these last 2 days I been running the same ads, but i had it on a schedule to pause in hours like early morning and early afternoon.

Yeah, i reviewed settings/audiences. Tried to focus on where i was getting the most traffic (age groups/locations/sex) within the same 'interests' i targeted before

Let it run for a few days without tinkering. Facebook ads take time (sometimes 5 days or more) to narrow in on an audience that meets your goals, in this case it's conversions. Sounds like you got lucky with that fast converting boost.

How big is the audience size in the boost and the ad?

Let it run for a few days without tinkering. Facebook ads take time (sometimes 5 days or more) to narrow in on an audience that meets your goals, in this case it's conversions. Sounds like you got lucky with that fast converting boost.

How big is the audience size in the boost and the ad?

What sort of budget? And do you only test 1 campaign?

What sort of budget? And do you only test 1 campaign?

There's no one size fits all answer to these questions. You're going to have to experiment here but let them run for days before sorting out the winners from the losers.

There's no one size fits all answer to these questions. You're going to have to experiment here but let them run for days before sorting out the winners from the losers.

what happens to signify you've 'struck gold' ?

Are you running your Facebook ad as a conversion ad?

Edit: I see that you are. This could be playing a fairly big role in why your ad costs are so high. Facebook recommends 500 conversions (pixel fires) as the BARE MINIMUM for starting conversion-based ads.

Facebook recommends that you have 10,000 conversions (pixel fires) before making conversion-based ads your main marketing objective.

I recommenced that you link your "conversion" pixel fire to the add-to-cart button on your website if anything. Run click/PPE ads to your lander and let this pixel mature. You will most likely receive sales too!

Once you get to 500+ add to carts, then you can optimize for add-to-carts. If your click/PPE ad campaign had a positive ROI, don't stop it.

And then once you get 500+ sales, then start running ads based off of purchase conversions. If your add-to-cart conversion ad campaign had a positive ROI, don't stop it.

Try making a PPE ad with the same ad copy and targeting as your successful boosted post, and let this run for a few days. It takes time for FB ad costs to go down, so don't modify anything within the campaign after pressing start. Even pausing the campaign can have some effects on FB's algorithms.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Turned ads off. Got a couple sales.

Life's weird lol

Back