Who's going in on CryptoCurrencies? XRP - Bitcoin

I hate to be that guy, because I genuinely have nothing against you.

But, I think there is a communication issue.

If I got this wrong, I got it wrong... but

Early in this thread you basically touted having XRP and language that seemed "long" on it. More than a day trader, more than a swing trader.

A lot of the back and forth after that was negative of crypto of not being a real asset/worth value.

When XRP got sued and lost a lot of it's "trading value", you switched to steller, ETH, and BTC ( at least in talking about it, not saying you dumped XRP for those ). Then the talk became playing the gaps, which is what any day trader can do.

It's a bit of a switch in your strategy, no? At least from a language point of view on this forum.

Playing gaps, anyone can do and I doubt anyone on here would be negative about it like it played out on here with XRP and long term crypto valuation holdings.

For example, here is my screen for XRP alone on when I buy gaps ( just like in Forex ).

LWR_Recording.png

I have 2 purple arrows in the above.

Where I bought and ( where I think, I sold ).

These candles always have deep needles. It's one way I pick what Im gonna trade.. are the needles deep on this asset? I routinely place limit orders daily under specific and measured %'s under the current price, hoping to hit the bottom of one of these needles daily, only to sell once it goes back up. That's how I play most markets. New limit orders daily across everything.. looking to hit that needle or spike and selling once it carries back up.

Intraday trading or day trading, I don't think anyone would have been negative to you about. Playing gaps is something done by tons of traders across diff asset classes. While mine isn't an example of a true gap, I know what you meant/are doing and it's not the long play on XRP that the thread started off as.

I only bring this up because it seems like your strategy has changed maybe, at least to what you talk about here on the forum.

Trading gaps/needles/speculation is not something I think anyone here would be against.

I think it was the idea of crypto being a long term plan/value to people.

Harvard and others can and routinely do jump in and out of investments. They can always dump crypto too when the wind blows the other direction. Part of their portfolio will be in growth, while another will be long term holdings like APPLE or COCA-COLA/IBM.

It doesn't mean they will hold it long term or cash out on it.

Playing gaps or needles intraday or daily, I like very much.

Last edited:
I def rode the XRP wave but i'm an opportunist not a 'graveyard chaser'

Not smart to get emotionally attached to a brand that's not theirs IMO

XRP is still actually up higher than when I bought in (.17cents), still today .....

I was playing the gaps on XRP and when the drop happened, I immediately saw the signs and sold out... switched to cash to re-strategize

Someone close to me was always touting ETH but I was getting paid in BTC. BTC Jumped. So I was happy there but then it stopped, and i saw ETH's growth was better percentages and switched there

I def go where the money's at... and it's all in Cyrptos

This post was NOT just about XRP but XRP was my entry token to all of this and jumped from .17cents to about .60ents (when I sold out)

I posted other major news as well but expected others to contribute. I can't focus on 5 brands , when money's involved like this.

Thanks for that chart. I've actually just noticed something about the line chart on coindesk , i hope plays true for a while.

NOmaVHe.jpg

In the chart of the last 48 hours I combed looking for something I could use. I noticed whenever prices rise and an inclined ridge (not sure what you call these things; I really just focus on myself tuning in) is created; You can wait a few seconds to see if it will go down............. if it keeps rising over the next 30 secs to a minute, you can almost be guaranteed a profitable gap is coming.

Again: Only after the first ridge, after a dip.........

I have candle sticks open in another tab but this is the only thing I actually found that consistently worked for me.

As you, I also limit my greed, trying to get small 2% wins, 4x a day minimum. It bites me in the ass they are such small gains sometimes because in the last week, I've def missed on ETH's big $100+ gaps.... because everything was set on auto-pilot and i was out dating.

BY auto-pilot, I also mean "Limit Orders"

But at least I didn't lose. Which I'm happy so far.

I'm not yet 7 figures in volume trades yet but i'm in the 6s, hoping to get to 7 or 8 monthly by March.

Last edited:
@EyesExist You can also look at it as gains from a dip too in your pic.

There are so many ways to play the tech data.

Here:
If you can ID a down slide of it's own ( meaning there is no up gain in it as it's falling down ) you could say any gains back up that get to 1/3 or 1/2 of the downslide, could result in more upward gain, as seen here.

You would maybe want a 2nd confirmation, but you could build a strategy that way too.

LWR_Recording.png

That's a great point.

The only part about the down slides, i never know how far it will slide.

The 2% gains are pretty easy to pick already on the move up. But again, just i find myself losing out on a lot of potential with this 2% play action right now. I would love to figure out a way to know how to recognize the end of a down slide

I was looking at posts about the Best Candle Stick patterns to buy on but none of that seems to work at all

Last edited:
@eliquid did you test my theory? So far, to me plays out everytime. 100%

I exited BTC months ago to fund a stock trading account but I watch the price because I've been trading MARA (BTC related Stock) and the price follows BTC. MARA also recently bought 150M in BTC so that's a good indication to me there's a belief in strength. I have a friend who is a professional day trader that says in his opinion 33.5 is a critical level for BTC so just passing that on as it looks to be true to my eyes. If anyone else is trading MARA, my opinion is long over $20, short under it.

So much depend on ETH at this point, I htink ETH is the better bet for bigger gains until there's another news story , really heavy about Bitcoin. That last "Double Spend" issue was a big scare.

And Atari just did a deal with "MANA" which is based on ETH and pretty much going to dominate the virtual gaming space as it looks for now.

And with reddit just getting involved with ETH.. i think it's about to spike today..... I let the money sit over night last night, 2nd tme letting it sit overnight in my attempts to day trade... GREAT CALL this time b/c I read the data.. Last time I had to wait until things spiked back up to get my money back , so I missed about 24 hours of action trying to get it back. Better than losing but not great, as it's still a loss as far as i'm concerned as my time is money.

This partnership could result in Reddit working on layer 2 scaling tools or pushing projects from a prototype stage to production.

Reddit development resources, including a developer team, would be involved in this work. Ultimately, the idea is a project like Reddit’s Community Points feature could be capable of supporting the site’s millions of users (Reddit has over 50 million daily users as of press time, according to Wednesday’s announcement).

“Our blockchain efforts will be led by Reddit’s Crypto team,” the announcement said, adding the company currently has job openings for backend engineers.

full story:
https://www.coindesk.com/reddit-joins-with-ethereum-foundation-to-build-scaling-tools

Last edited:
Anybody happen to have DogeCoin when it just did this 1000% ROI?

India's talking about trying to Ban Bitcoin...........

I have my thoughts on this. Anybody care to chime in?

The Crypto Industry is too rich LOL

An NFT digital artowrk someone bought for $130 just resold for for $130,000

https://decrypt.co/56194/someone-just-flipped-an-ethereum-token-for-100000-price-gains

The same guuy who bought this, also bought another digital artwork for top dollar

I'm trying to get some of my original photos on the market soon. I always wanted to do a gallery of my photo from traveling the world. This may be the opportunity!

@eliquid Got any news or theories on this Ethereum rage going on?

I can't even play gaps b/c it's just surging up. And I'm just wondering about the pull back.

I've been watching the wicks more now than the ETH charts.

Its all manipulation @EyesExist

Doge and XRP, was pumped up by the sister group of WSB ( the crypto version ).

Silver was also pumped up so much I couldn't even buy any physical last week because of the WSB stuff.

ETH is getting same treatment, I think it was Elon in clubhouse that mentioned it and then it set off a firestorm.

Honestly, I find it hard to play these manipulations. I bought XRP before it was pumped ( I have no inside info, I just bought because I was taking a bet at the low price ) and got lucky on the pump up.

But for everything else, its just too hard to say where it will top, where it will bottom, for how long, etc.

What I have found is it tends to peak on day 1 or 2, then it falls as everyone sells and does a slow dribble death. They try to get you to hold and say "more retail investors will come in 3-4 days when funds clear and everyone bypasses day trading pattern..." but that never happens.

The only way you will really play this is be in on day 1, or try to buy the dip on day 2/3 and hope it goes back up a fraction of what it did on day 1 to get some gains.

Otherwise, this is classic pump and dump charts all around. The needles in this are just too flat for me to play my spikes/needle pattern I do ( days later ), which means you gotta be in day 1 or 2

Read an article about this . They say there's more to gain from a Bullish trend than a Bearish; so the I-investors will be going hard to get it to $2k

However, it def dropped today and gaps were normal.......... and then again, there was 1 pump this morning to push things to near yesterday's price.. so it's confusing.

But i get it, it's all the Manipulation ... PAD'ing

It looks to me like they are PADing like this:

- sell until value's downt o 1600
- run it up to about 1685... just before 1690 as most would think 1700 or so

seems to me this the game right now. $50 gaps , safest way to play

@eliquid

Settping up a limited buy for $1575 (ETH) this morning before i go to sleep
Lets see if i'm lucky ............

AAVE

What's up with this coin? I don't even remember buying it, I have no idea how a stack of them got into my account. It doesn't chart back any further than October on Coinbase. At the start of October, it was trading for about 55 cents and now it's trading for about $530.

The only thing I can think of is that I had some Kucoins a few years ago that paid dividends in the form of some random coins, so maybe one of those turned into AAVE?

I'm going to sell half of it and see what happens with the rest, I guess.

Are doge coins going to the moon?

Are doge coins going to the moon?

Doge coins went up in value like 8x value , ~a week ago.............................. If you had some, you'd already have known i expect. It was pumped by the reddit group. I knew a lot of people who just bought it b/c they said it was an old asset, somebody might pick up on.. Elon musk shouted it out i believe, went through the rooof.

Aave, I've seen that name here recently but don't have my intel on it. I don't follow that one.

Someone told me yesterday, a safe investment method in learning how to Farm BAO................ i dont know much about this, but check into it for those who are interested in long term plays.

Also , if you had invested $20 a week in bitcoin sine January 2020, interesting to see where you'd be at today:
https://calculator.for-bitcoin.com/?amount=20.00&freq=week&month=January&day=01&year=2020

Last edited:
Laughing all the way to the bank at the people who were doubting through this post.
But it's not too late to earn........

XRP is almost .45cents again
STellar is at almost 40cents
ETH and Bitcoin, BALllllinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Tesla buys $1.5-billion in bitcoin........ says their cars will soon be bought in Bitcoin

Tesla has invested $1.5bn in bitcoin and plans to begin accepting it for payment in one of the highest-profile endorsements of the cryptocurrency sector by a major US company.

The disclosure from the electric carmaker sent bitcoin rallying to a record high of $44,100, extending its 50 per cent surge so far this year. Analysts have put the meteoric rally down to growing enthusiasm from institutional investors seeking returns in the era of low interest rates.

In a regulatory filing on Monday, Tesla said it purchased the bitcoins after changing its investment policy last month to “diversify and maximise” returns on its cash.

Full story:
https://www.ft.com/content/5e83f15e-ea2c-4d2f-8ae8-bf72fc5effd0

Last edited:
Ok so are doge coins mooning?

Buy and hold? Or pass

I dropped £500 into bitcoin in January but still can't understand it all so just letting it sit there and grow!

I wanted one of these bots... they exist.. but you must pay $XX,XXX to $XXX,XXX for one but people make millions
'
confirmed:
A new research report suggests trading bots lurking on perceived flaws in the Ethereum network have “extracted” at least $107 million in the past 30 days. “The Hash” panel discuss what this means.
https://www.coindesk.com/video/trading-bots-preying-on-ethereum-extracted-107m-in-30-days

Numbers are way higher b/c i've played gaps and done well but a BOT would be able to do it 50x better

I like the doge meme.
The memetics make a nice little inflationary on ramp that gives it an advantage over peers.

Was thinking about hoarding wood.
Wood has some interesting traits as an asset class. It’s really bulky So it’s more effort to steal than silver or gold.

I think it would be fun to make a commodity and crypto basket fantasy portfolios in this thread. Then, bump it with portfolio changes over time.

Would let some people flex and maybe bait some interesting ideas out.

Maybe allocate 1mill 2020 fantasy dollars each as a baseline buy in.

Edit

Here’s my fantasy portfolio allocation In usd.
For 3:05:2021

My theme is redneck Inflation hedges and memes.
Should be easy to outperform.

Usd 100k doge coin
Usd 500k stacked and stored 2 by 4s
Usd 300k silver bars
4 used pick ups at around 20k each plus garage space.

Last edited:
Mark Cuban says "Doge Coin" will definitely hit $1

Tell Dallas Mavs fans to buy in

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said on Sunday that the price of Dogecoin (CRYPTO: DOGE) "will definitely hit" the $1 level if transactions with the joke cryptocurrency by fans retain the momentum.
full story - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/doge-moon-mark-cuban-says-053210032.html

current price of DOGE coin: .058cents

To buy or not to buy?

Back