Who has a better campaign website, and why? Trump vs Hillary

First impressions:

Hillary hits you with fear immediately with the pop-up, then gives you a very clear call to action on how to fix the things you're afraid of.

Trump's site looks like a mess on my widescreen monitor, all you see is the very top of his head.

They both have options to opt-in to their list and to donate:
But to opt-in to Trump you need to click an additional link and fill out a much longer form, Hillary's is more straight forward, just email + zip.

Also, she has options for her donate call to action, and Trump just has a flat "DONATE" button that takes you to another page with another big intimidating form to fill out.

When you opt-in to Hillary's list (which takes 2 seconds instead of 2 minutes), you're automatically taken to a donation page.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary had a much higher opt-in %, she flat out just makes it a lot easier. Anyone taking the time to fill out Donald's form is probabally a higher value lead since they're dedicated enough to spend a lot more time on his forms, not sure where the point of diminishing returns is.

Shouldn't come as a surprise that Hillary and her team seem to have a better understanding when it comes to email...............

Reactions: Nat
Haven't read the other replies yet. I'm no expert, but will chime in then read to see what others say.

Trump is all about creating an emotional response in people. That's first and foremost. And his website is designed to do exactly that. So clearly he has the better site.

Hillary is about appealing to informed, politically aware people. That's first and foremost. And her website is designed to do exactly that; capture their emails (to bring those people into the fold), and then get donations. So clearly she has the better site.

They both play to the desires of their audience and the strengths of the candidates. So the only way I can answer your question is to know what YOU define "better" as.

Back