White label SEO services?

goldmercury

IT Rockstar
Degree
Hi guys

I've been selling info products for some time now and am looking to have a backend service.

The last info product I've released has done really well in the niche I operate (Local B2B Tech SEO), and thinking of offering a backend service which is fulfilled by a white label SEO provider. If there are any recommendations - I'm looking for a service that can fulfil both the SEO and the client communication/account management.

What you're asking is super vague. What type of SEO service? Link audits? link building? content writing? content audits? content updates? local citations?

Also, you know that you're risking your whole reputation on whatever this white label seller is doing and saying to clients, right?

For the margins to work you're probably going to need to go for big fish. Think nationwide local SEO, not single business local SEO. I don't know what your product is, but my gut feeling is it's purchased by owner operators wanting to do their own marketing?

In this scenario they are likely on a budget, so probably only willing to spend a few hundred per month on SEO.

It may be easy to upsell them to a $299 SEO plan, but it's going to be difficult to farm that out to an SEO agency while taking your cut ($50?) and get any results for $249 per month. If however, you can secure some $2,500+ retainers, this all changes.

Better off thinking about this in the context of value added reselling, IMO. This way you own the client communication (and the client!).

Example: Selling Google Workspace subscriptions to companies who call your support line when something breaks. 95% of the work is done by Google, but when they need to add more users or need web hosting, they call you instead.

We work with some agencies and consultants that resell our services in this way. We only do SEO, but they package our services up in a PPC package. Some do the work in-house while others farm it out to a separate agency.

In all cases, they own the relationship with their client. Seems to work well for them.

For the margins to work you're probably going to need to go for big fish. Think nationwide local SEO, not single business local SEO. I don't know what your product is, but my gut feeling is it's purchased by owner operators wanting to do their own marketing?

In this scenario they are likely on a budget, so probably only willing to spend a few hundred per month on SEO.

It may be easy to upsell them to a $299 SEO plan, but it's going to be difficult to farm that out to an SEO agency while taking your cut ($50?) and get any results for $249 per month. If however, you can secure some $2,500+ retainers, this all changes.

Better off thinking about this in the context of value added reselling, IMO. This way you own the client communication (and the client!).

Example: Selling Google Workspace subscriptions to companies who call your support line when something breaks. 95% of the work is done by Google, but when they need to add more users or need web hosting, they call you instead.

We work with some agencies and consultants that resell our services in this way. We only do SEO, but they package our services up in a PPC package. Some do the work in-house while others farm it out to a separate agency.

In all cases, they own the relationship with their client. Seems to work well for them.
This is a good business model, to just sell marketing services and you're the point of contact for the service, while outsourcing the back office and labor to another agency. That's how insurance salesmen make a living. I like it!

The other problem with just selling the service and having the white-label person do the labor and customer service is that the white-label person can poach your most promising clients :smile: You want to retain ownership of client communications, just to keep the client and the relationship :smile: If you're too lazy to do this relationship building thing, then you should look at full automated businesses like writing kindle ebook or something. You gotta keep relationships in business and a lot of business is all relationships :smile:

I’d love to own the relationship; however, the issue is I don’t want to get bogged down in account management and fulfilment. Both of these equate to managing employees, which I want to avoid and refuse to go down the agency route. Earlier this week I turned down a big job as it would be opening me up to the agency model.

I am thinking of building out my own web properties and renting them out - or somehow building the properties I'll own with the cash flow from some form of upselling.

The info product I sell is on SEO- it's a course - i'd love to offer some hands-off service that gets results for my customers in the map pack.

You are right @illmasterj it's owner-operators - they do have some cash to throw around but $2.5k/month is out of most of their range. I know if I had something to offer them i'd get a 50% conversion on those that have already bought the course.

I do have a membership service that's $150/month that could be the upsell - however I don't have SEO baked into it as there's much quicker ways for these businesses to be getting leads than SEO - maybe it;s just a case of me building in more SEO to the membership offer.

Hi guys

I've been selling info products for some time now and am looking to have a backend service.

The last info product I've released has done really well in the niche I operate (Local B2B Tech SEO), and thinking of offering a backend service which is fulfilled by a white label SEO provider. If there are any recommendations - I'm looking for a service that can fulfil both the SEO and the client communication/account management.

Despite what others may say to scare you off, there are many, many people using white label SEO services. And, believe it or not, their clients are happy.

One of the larger brands in white label SEO now is https://www.thehoth.com. I believe they can handle the account management portion as well. Don't listen to the haters - just see if what they offer meets the needs of your clients.

A close competitor of theirs is https://fatjoe.com. I'm not sure if they can handle the account management.

If you're able to handle sales + account management, you can outsource production to:

- Links: https://nobsmarketplace.com/
- Content: https://www.wordagents.com/

Then, do some automated client reporting with https://agencyanalytics.com/.

Also - Drift AI Chatbot is really, really good when you train it. You can essentially answer all inbound questions. It's great for sales and customer services as well.

Back