Which tools do you use to leverage your marketing efforts?

Degree
Hello guys,

having quite some experience with marketing and traffic leaking now I see that a lot comes down to leverage the way you do your marketing. So, how fast can you create content that is good in the eyes of your audience? How good can you satisfy their wants and needs with your website? How good are you at keeping them at your website? How effectively can you distribute your content to your audience?

I am still doing a lot of these things "by hand", BUT I guess I am at a point, where I want to make my process much more effective in terms of work/gain ratio.

The thing that I "automated" atm is mainly:
  • Content
    • Google alerts - to stay in touch with the relevant topics of your audience
    • buzzsumo.com - gives me great content ideas, and shows me what is really relevant to my audience

My Questions to you are:
  1. What have you automated in your marketing process?
  2. Which tools are you using to leverage "social sharing automation", "targeting the right influencers" and "Content Creation" etc.?
I appreciate your answers!

Here's what I use:
  • MailChimp
  • Hootesuite
  • My team of writers/researchers
  • Thrive Content Builder
  • TermExplorer
  • UberSuggest
That's it really. Everything else really comes down to either outsourcing and getting in the trenches and doing work.

One place I feel like marketers miss out is having a search bar on your own site which records what people are searching for. Why not take their queries and turn them into posts if you don't already have them?

If you've attracted visitors from a general perspective or social referral, giving them more of what they want will keep them longer, and keep them returning. Much easier to keep molding the viewers you already have than keep finding new ones, anyway.

not much for automation but the sumome plugin has some really great options for improving your social presence (images, sidebar ect.) that include reporting, definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

Back