Which SEO Course?

Degree
Hey, with so many SEO courses out now. Which would you recommend for beginner/intermediate? I was think DistilledU?

Thanks

@animalstyle Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

Is it still relevant even thoe it was created in 2015?

Thanks Again,

@animalstyle Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

Is it still relevant even thoe it was created in 2015?

Thanks Again,

If you're looking for fundamental information that never changes, then it's for you.

If you're looking for tricks and shortcuts that are birthed and die within a year's time, it's not for you.

The Crash Course is about working smart and hard at marketing, administration, outsourcing and automating, design principles, SEO, and optimization of all of these things. These things don't change.

It's not for the SEO as such. It's not for the web designer in the capacity of a web designer. It's not for the PPC manager qua PPC Manager. It's for the entrepreneur that knows he will wear all of these hats at once, and wants to know he's nailing the fundamentals of each, reducing the risk and waste of being hasty, amateur, and sneaky.

If that doesn't sound good to you, then I'd recommend looking at all of the gurus out there and finding the one who's lies and sales pitch makes you the most excited and take their bait and fork out $2,000 to a few of them. When you get sick of that, you can come back and read the guide they all started stealing the outline and material from, for free.

The BuSo marketing crash course is still the single, best aggregation of digital marketing knowledge I've come across to date.

Years ago I took courses from some of the known brand names in the industry. Some of them, like DistilledU, can be good for beginners where they might need a more formal curriculum. Others I found were often years out of date and packed full of extraneous info so as to waste a lot of the student's time and money.

The fantastic thing about the BuSo guide is, it tells a story. It's a story about the reader's (that's anyone reading this) journey into the realm of digital marketing. It lets you step into the mind of someone taking their first steps towards entrepreneurship. For others more experienced, it let's them pick up tons of golden nuggets to "power up" their marketing and bizdev strategies to the next level.

Ultimately, The Guide is about the Why and the How to build the right habits that will lead you to success. Most training courses are focused almost exclusively on the What specific tasks you might want to do to get there. That's fine, but the What is only a small piece of the puzzle.

As I posted in another thread. I am a firm believer in reverse engineering what people already ranking do.

Get a ahrefs and start digging. Start understanding how /why people do this. Find common occurrences across multiple successful sites. And emulate.

Back