Which CPM networks do you recommend?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
Would love to monetize my mobile traffic with a CPM network using banners or in-image. What do you recommend?

GumGum for in-image ads. The real question isn't going to be "which network should I use." It's going to be "which networks should I use together to maximize revenue." And I remember seeing that somewhere on here, a discussion about which combination was doing the best. I think it was in Tavin's AMA thread about flipping his site.

Yeah, GumGum is my ultimate goal for in image. I saw that thread by Tavin and got a lot of good ideas from it but still in search of another CPM network.

I was denied by Conversant for too low traffic, which makes no sense because I far exceed their traffic requirement. My content is a bit edgy so that may be the real reason I was denied. Perhaps may cause problems getting accepted by other CPM networks too. Will see.

Currently using CPM ads with Adsupply, which is going well, but I really need two things:

In-image ads, ala GumGum, and CPM banner ads for mobile. My mobile traffic is PERFECT for it and the banner would get prime position. Just need to get accepted first, hah.

I was accepted by propeller who offers CPM banners but they require something like 50k unique visitors a day. I get close to that in pageviews but not in visitors, hah. So I can use their other ad units but not CPM banners.

I've tweaked my settings on AdSupply and have increased the earnings without much negative affect elsewhere.

I've applied for almost every CPM network I can find over the last few days. Don't have the requirements yet to apply for GumGum but I might hit by end of month.

Tried Clicksor just now and holy shit that sucks donkey dick. Just horrible to look at and slowed down the page. Removed it. Bleh.

Just realized something though...

I swapped out an adsense unit because it was performing low. But CPM banner ads, from what I've seen usually get even lower rates...around .20 - .30.

So two things to try...

1 - CPA ads. I've seen a few relevant things. I don't have much faith that these will perform well with my mobile traffic but will test and see. If not then...

2 - Write slightly longer content, which will increase the writing cost, and put that third adsense unit in (couldn't before because two would be on the screen at once). Even with the higher production cost and the low paying adsense unit, I'll still come out more profitable than with using the even lower paying CPM ads.

Interesting. More testing to be done...

Last edited:
Interesting. I have a site in the beauty niche that gets 75% mobile traffic from search engines. I've thought about milking the most successful posts using paid traffic. I'm getting ok results with adsense and ayboll, but i'm tempted to add in more ads.

Do you buy traffic or is it 100% seo efforts? And how do you test ad placements?

I was purchasing traffic via FB ads but at the beginning of this month I changed it up. I stopped purchasing traffic via PPC. I increased pagination and created a Facebook feeder page. Now, I buy Likes to the feeder page and post my articles to the feeder page. It's an indirect way of getting traffic but it's working better for me than when I did straight PPC.

I test Adsense ad placements via a wordpress plugin called Ampedsense. Works great. I test the other ad networks just by monitoring the stats manually, i.e. revenue, page views, bounce rate, rpm, etc..

Back