Which Car Should I Buy This Afternoon?

Degree
Today is the day. I need a new car and I'm making a decision today. I've narrowed it down quite a bit.

Test drove Used Cayenne, Used Q7, New VW Atlas, New Volvo XC90. Test drove a GV80 but the dealership told me 3rd row is impossible to get and it eats up a ton of trunk space I guess. Looking for a 7-seater since I've got young kids and a wife. But don't want to lose the trunk space.

I'm at a tricky stage of my life where I need options, want something decent, but know my under 3yr old and 1 yr old will fuck shit up soon in no time.

Leaning toward XC90 Momentum AWD and VW Atlas. Thought about tossing 4 Runner in there as well but the dealership is like 30 mins away. I like a close dealer if possible.

Would love your thoughts for my car friends out there...

I’d buy used to save on depreciation cost. I also wouldn’t buy now either as automobile costs are super high. I’d make due with what you have now.

Been doing a ton of research thinking of upgrading as well. My journey led me to he Lexus GX460. True 4WD, V8, bulletproof reliability, mini-Land Cruiser underpinnings, luxurious interior.. Only mentioning it because you included a 4Runner, which are capable, if not a bit anemic with the naturally aspirated V6 in there.

People rave that the GV80 handles like a dream. Similar people also love the features of things like Tellurides. If you end up XC90 I'd lease or get an extended warranty, check out Savage Geese's video on that vehicle (he bought one for his personal car).

No love for a Range Rover Sport?

I drive the HST and I will never drive another car. Also - for an absolute tank it moves like my old BMW coupe. Just a stunning car and the first real head turner car I ever bought. Seeing people take second looks is hilarious.

All black pack with carbon fibre detailing. Internal cream and black contrast leather. Legit af.

I’d buy used to save on depreciation cost. I also wouldn’t buy now either as automobile costs are super high. I’d make due with what you have now.
Right now, based on what I've seen for these vehicles I'm looking at in my area, the used are actually more expensive value-wise than the new ones.

Been doing a ton of research thinking of upgrading as well. My journey led me to he Lexus GX460. True 4WD, V8, bulletproof reliability, mini-Land Cruiser underpinnings, luxurious interior.. Only mentioning it because you included a 4Runner, which are capable, if not a bit anemic with the naturally aspirated V6 in there.

People rave that the GV80 handles like a dream. Similar people also love the features of things like Tellurides. If you end up XC90 I'd lease or get an extended warranty, check out Savage Geese's video on that vehicle (he bought one for his personal car).
I liked the GV80, but the 3rd row eats up a TON of trunk space and they are impossible to find so I here. You're only able to get them in the Advanced Package Plus which is about $78K right now by me. So they are selling $10k over MSRP today. I've owned 4 Volvo and a Jeep Cherokee (which was a POS) in my humble opinion.

I also take service and warranty into consideration. Volvo, VW, Genesis all cover service. Land Rover, Porsche, Audi, do not.

No love for a Range Rover Sport?

I drive the HST and I will never drive another car. Also - for an absolute tank it moves like my old BMW coupe. Just a stunning car and the first real head turner car I ever bought. Seeing people take second looks is hilarious.

All black pack with carbon fibre detailing. Internal cream and black contrast leather. Legit af.
I would love to check out Range Rover, but based on my research I'm seeing a lot more issues. That said, no idea but I love the look of them! The Range Rover under 20K miles 2020 are sitting at about $91K for a base. That's a bit high for me tbh especially since I'm not a car guy. Meaning, I almost always end up using less than 50% of the features.

Right now, based on what I've seen for these vehicles I'm looking at in my area, the used are actually more expensive value-wise than the new ones.

I liked the GV80, but the 3rd row eats up a TON of trunk space and they are impossible to find so I here. You're only able to get them in the Advanced Package Plus which is about $78K right now by me. So they are selling $10k over MSRP today. I've owned 4 Volvo and a Jeep Cherokee (which was a POS) in my humble opinion.

I also take service and warranty into consideration. Volvo, VW, Genesis all cover service. Land Rover, Porsche, Audi, do not.

I would love to check out Range Rover, but based on my research I'm seeing a lot more issues. That said, no idea but I love the look of them! The Range Rover under 20K miles 2020 are sitting at about $91K for a base. That's a bit high for me tbh especially since I'm not a car guy. Meaning, I almost always end up using less than 50% of the features.
Same I’m not a car guy but I literally love this car. Don’t fall for the hype about issues it’s mostly a meme.

Same I’m not a car guy but I literally love this car. Don’t fall for the hype about issues it’s mostly a meme.
If $90-$100K were the spend I would be in this probably. I have loved this for years, but it's not practical now and I know my kids will just absolutely destroy it. I actually love the defender more than this. The look is just so sick it's unreal. The good news is that whatever I get, my car will literally blend in on the road. The only thing that sticks out where I live is a McClaren, Lambo, Bentley, Ferrari. Seems to be the trend in the Warm East Cast area I spend most of my time. Prob easy to guess where this is. LOL.

Have you driven the new defender? V8 looks bonkers.
Not yet. Sticking with the sport until 2024 when the all electric sport arrives and then putting that beast through the company for tax efficiencies. Can’t wait.

what color? got sum of those pics?

Surprised there aren't any Bavarian fanboys exalting the glories of the X5 in here..

I think the M50i in "shadowline" looks pretty clean and apparently they haul absolute ass. That said general consensus on BMW's new design language seems is it's shite. Same goes for Audi's all-touch interiors they've rolled out across their lineup. Have been hearing complaints about Mercedes quality falling off as well. What's going on in Germany?

Going to go look at GX460s in coming months. Only other contender would be the new Sequoia but god knows when those will actually be available for delivery.

4Runners too underpowered and Broncos too overpriced. Germans gone mad. American-made still garbage. Will Toyota take over the world or will they start phoning it in now too?

Back