Where do you host your business emails?

Degree
I have a few domains and I want to setup emails for them.

I like the idea of using a 3rd party for this vs hosting it on the same server as the website. 1 because if someone breaks into my cpanel and my email is in there, they'll have access to all of my social accounts and everything else instead of just the website. 2 because if I move registrars or hosts I won't have to change around any settings or risk any downtime for email.

I have a grandfathered account with google apps for business but now it's $5/mo per domain. That's not crazy or anything but I don't use any of the other services besdies email so I'm looking at other options...

So far I've looked at Zoho and Rackspace and a few others. I'm leaning towards rackspace. $24/yr per inbox. Zoho's free option would work too and they seen to get recommended often enough. Note this isn't for mailing lists or transactional emails or anything like that. It's just for support@domain.com "Contact Us" page kind of stuff.

Just wondering if there are any other or better options out there or things I should look at or consider since honestly I don't really know a lot about how email even works.

I use forwarding emails from cpanel type domains to FastMail ( http://www.fastmail.fm/?STKI=10856809) .

For $40 per year you can create 250 unique aliases to there domains, or 100 of your own domains including 500 aliases to those domains. All with 15GB of storage.

The interface is awesome via browser, or IOS app- you can also use cool email software like MailMate to script your workflow.

I have been using this service for 15 years, privacy? Check. Great Service? Check. Incredible value? Check.

I have an email address hosted for a domain on the same shared server as the site, and it is very crappy. The site has perfect up time but the email is up and down constantly.

I thought about these 3rd party email services but do you think if you hosted your site and email off of a trusted VPS that it would be just as dependable?

Back