Where can I hire industry professionals?

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
Looking for people with strong knowledge of my vertical / niche that can help market my brand.

I've found some good channels I want to promote in, but don't entirely have the knowledge to make useful or helpful comments.

I've tried upwork but failed miserably multiple times. I think freelancing sites in general aren't going to have industry pros, because well, the industry pros arent freelancing they are doing their own thing.

So where can I find these sorts of people?

Just curious, what types of titles have you used on UpWork? To test the waters, I tried 3 job postings for the same gig, but with different angles. I got a few people who applied for 2/3, but received a largely different audience each time. Which surprised me a bit.

I'd post on a few big cities on Craigslist as it only takes a few minutes and can't hurt.

I'd make some type of page or listing on your site, and try to drop that link in some FB groups of pros.

Direct outreach/messaging on LinkedIn could give you some really good results depending on niche.

I've found some good channels I want to promote in, but don't entirely have the knowledge to make useful or helpful comments.
Interesting... is it because the best answers are largely experience based? Because otherwise, it might be useful to your project as a whole if you find some books on the stuff.

Just curious, what types of titles have you used on UpWork? To test the waters, I tried 3 job postings for the same gig, but with different angles. I got a few people who applied for 2/3, but received a largely different audience each time. Which surprised me a bit.

Without outing my upwork account / site... something like
Need expert for xx to do xx. Cant really be more specific than that.

Titles definitely play a role in hiring though you're right. I guess one title could attract the mentality of one group, and another could attract a whole different group.

Interesting... is it because the best answers are largely experience based? Because otherwise, it might be useful to your project as a whole if you find some books on the stuff.
Not entirely. If I really wanted to I could answer them. But it's a mix of doubting my self and making my brand look stupid. Also the amount of time I would spend wouldn't really be worth my time. An industry pro would be snappier at answering questions and such.

I know there's people out there that live and breath my niche. I'd much rather they talk about my niche because it's second nature to them. And people see that shit.

It's like a car salesman teaching you about engines. Sure they might know a thing or two because they're in the car sales industry, but you're going to get a broad answer.

Ask a mechanic and they'll tell you everything about engines, and they'll even use automotive slang to go with it. That 'slang' imo is what shows people that this site / brand knows what's up.

3 excellent suggestions though thanks Nat. I'll try all 3 this week for sure. Especially interested in setting up a careers type page and leaking it around fb - brilliant!

So where can I find these sorts of people?

You could put a feeler out in the Human Resources section here. Some big honchos read and post here, and if not them it's a guarantee they know someone who'd like the opportunity.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the internet marketing industry. Still, if you're willing to reveal the vertical you might find help.

Just go to regular ground press and say that you are looking for retired pros to help you manage something... (in particular niche). Also, look for local people from your area, they could be gold to you :wink:

Yeah, UpWork isn't really cool once your niche becomes specific enough.

My suggestion would be to get a hold of a few members on here. Unlike UpWork members, you'll have less of a hassle getting in contact with them and you'll find someone to help you with the niche you're looking into.

Hope this helps!

I've gone onto a few forums and sent some messages off asking for help.

I didn't do this from the start because I was afraid of being outed, because I've leaked on most these forums already.

But I went in full stealth mode, only giving out my brand name once I can ensure someone is 100% keen to take up the job.

I'll post more results if / when I find someone.

Back