Where are the forums / sites one can find newb webmasters to buy sites from?

darkzerothree

DunkelNullDrei
Degree
A fool and his website... are easily parted?

Where are the forums / sites one can find newb webmasters to buy sites from?

Used to be digitalpoint - and now?

The most prevalent are Flippa and Empire Flippers and FEInternational as far as there being a marketplace you can browse.

In terms of forums, there's a lot of small SEO forums but you don't see people advertising sites to be sold there much. You may say "Hey I'm looking to buy if you're looking to sell." Same goes with Facebook Groups and Reddit. Probably Slack groups as well.

I find Flips to be just full of fraud sites and/or overpriced

I have sold a bunch of sites at too low prices during the years due to financial mismanagement.

All I can say is pay attention, but as for forums where you could get a good deal? I don't know that. As Ryu says, make a post in Facebook group for webmasters and say you'll buy sites that are this old and earn that much and so on. The goal would be to find people who need money and would rather deal with you privately than showcase their financial struggles in public.

Also, I see Flippa valuations being very dependent on outwards sign of success, such as a large social following and brand value, where as content quality is not always considered that much. You might find some gems. Caveat, it's been a few years since I looked at Flippa.

You could try scraping affiliate-infested SERPs and doing some solid outreach?

I've had a lot of success this year by doing just that and offering something like 18-20x and (usually) settling below 25x L6M. My best strategic deal was closed at 14x and there were deals where I paid up to 24x. It all depends on how you value the traffic and LRDs the site has.

You just need to be direct and don't try to bullshit people. Tell them straight up that you like their site/traffic and put out a ballpark number based on your research (ahrefs). More often than not, they'll bite and you'll get access to the real data and you can close the deal within days.

You just need to be direct and don't try to bullshit people. Tell them straight up that you like their site/traffic and put out a ballpark number based on your research (ahrefs). More often than not, they'll bite and you'll get access to the real data and you can close the deal within days.

That's excellent advice, and what I'd recommend. A lot of other methods are a bit too passive (at least for me). In other words, just looking for the opportunity to present itself, versus going out and trying to create the opportunity until it happens.

Just find sites you like, or that fit your needs, and ask. Worst they can say is no. Some people may not even realize they're open to a sell until you ask them.

I've had a lot of success this year by doing just that and offering something like 18-20x and (usually) settling below 25x L6M. My best strategic deal was closed at 14x and there were deals where I paid up to 24x. It all depends on how you value the traffic and LRDs the site has.

Do you try and hide your identity/usual email etc if you can be found easily online and they know you are a webmaster?

Do you try and hide your identity/usual email etc if you can be found easily online and they know you are a webmaster?

Not really. I'm sending the outreach emails from my personal gmail and introduce myself as an SEO/investor who's looking to add site(s) in that niche to my portfolio.

No lying or bullshitting whatsoever.

any advice on how to scrape for sites with solid backlink profiles with tons of affiliate links or ads?

I'd use different amazon footprints (disclaimer?) to find the sites and then bulk check everything via ahrefs and do the filtering.

That's excellent advice, and what I'd recommend. A lot of other methods are a bit too passive (at least for me). In other words, just looking for the opportunity to present itself, versus going out and trying to create the opportunity until it happens.

Just find sites you like, or that fit your needs, and ask. Worst they can say is no. Some people may not even realize they're open to a sell until you ask them.

ok let's say I got a site to bite. they've never sold a site before and i've never bought one before. we have an agreed price. how do i actually go about this transaction? is there a place that can serve as a middleman/escro so no fishy business happens?

Back