What's your end game?

Degree
Business-wise what are you working towards? Will you ever "win"? Is there an end game or just keep going and keep evolving and keep reaching for that next level?

I mean some people would stop after selling PayPal but Musk is freaking going to space. I'm not one of those guys. I'm not going to be Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs or whoever... It's not my goal or my aspiration. I'm working on a site, when I sell it I'm sure I'll build another one... but then what? Build a network of sites? Start my own ad network to serve ads on them? I don't know where this all leads tbh. Curious what some of you guys and ladies are working towards as an end goal.

This is complex question that I don't want to give an oversimplified answer to... but I don't want to type a novel.

Basically, my business goal is to have one "keeper." This is the one site that I coddle like my baby that will be a consistent, constant source of cashflow that will be more than enough to keep me comfortable. Being deeply entrenched in this game, if I see a future coming where the web is about to evolve and the hot search engine at the moment is starting to send traffic to virtual reality posts or something else than the written word... I'll flip and let it become someone else's pivot point into the new internet 2.0. But the goal is to have the one winner that is mine with no intention of liquidating it.

Then, that cashflow will allow me to create very small side projects with all of my systems, assistants, and contacts in place, which I'll have rolling on a conveyer belt and constantly being liquidated. These will provide money to buy toys, travel experiences, and funnel money into the main project.

___

I've been trying to build the above system for about 5 years now after I moved out of the MFA and/or client work state of mind. It's taken time for me to see the big picture beyond the one the blogs and forums show you. The one you only earn out of being in the trenches. About a year ago, as I've mentioned before, I got pushed back to ground zero. Lost about 200 properties, resurrected some, sold some, trying to sell off the last ones. And I'm free essentially already. Now I've started from the bottom with my main case study here that'll be my "keeper." This time it's going to happen. It's more about knowing what not to-do, being patient, not being greedy.

___

I feel like this question asks a "What?" but also begs a "Why?"

I'm one of those cowboy style guys. Put me out in the cold. Beat me up, humiliate me, talk shit about me, hold me back, sabotage me, give me bad luck, whatever. I can take it and keep trucking. I'm used to having shit cards to play with.

However, I love my family and friends and they aren't all as capable of weathering the hardships of life, and I don't want to tough love them and see them go through trauma in order to grow. They've done their best like we are all doing and not all of us can make it and win. So my goal is to win, not for myself, but so that I can lessen the burdens of those I care about. And if it goes beyond that, I'll affect my local community positively and branch out from there.

But to sum it up, the goal is to make sure I have all I need and more, because that security will allow me to attain greater heights that allow me to bring others with me. It look self-centered to everyone around me, but in the end, they'll be coming along for the journey when I pull it off.

@Ryuzaki One of those times where clicking "like" isn't enough, thanks for the answer!

I mean some people would stop after selling PayPal but Musk is freaking going to space. I'm not one of those guys. I'm not going to be Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs or whoever... It's not my goal or my aspiration. I'm working on a site, when I sell it I'm sure I'll build another one... but then what?

I think if you reach Musk, Gates, Buffet, or Branson status, what I am going to say is different.

However, before you get to that status.. I think what I have to say matters a lot.

You gotta realize failure is a part of the process. A lot of failure.

If you aspiration is to build another site, or a network of sites... you gotta count the "failure time sink".

I know how to build shit, but that doesn't mean every project I build is now flawless on its first run/try.

If your goal is to build another site, when you add in failure time sink it might take you 12 months to "win" at that. If your goal is to build a network or some other small shit, it might take you 2-3 years with failure time sink.

I admit that you have to have a realistic goals that are within your available resources. And that my example of "failure time sink" is a bit out there, but if you have small goals.. then you spend a lot of time failing within those small goals and at the end, you do win but how big is that win really? Also your failures are small, so what do you really learn from them?

In the same amount of time in my above example, you could have been focusing on something big and spending a lot of time failing in that big something ( the same amount of time with the little goal mind you ) and in the end you will win too, but this win will be huge and what you learned to push you to your next level will be huge too.

Really no easy answer, is there?

I like the work @Ryuzaki put into the answer.
For me, I got family with two kids. That is the answer right there.
Care and provide for my family.

::emp::

Business-wise what are you working towards? Will you ever "win"? Is there an end game or just keep going and keep evolving and keep reaching for that next level?

I mean some people would stop after selling PayPal but Musk is freaking going to space. I'm not one of those guys. I'm not going to be Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs or whoever... It's not my goal or my aspiration. I'm working on a site, when I sell it I'm sure I'll build another one... but then what? Build a network of sites? Start my own ad network to serve ads on them? I don't know where this all leads tbh. Curious what some of you guys and ladies are working towards as an end goal.

My end game has has always been about building true wealth, and for me entrepreneurship and internet marketing have always been about 2 things:

1. Building cashflow to further fund and grow other businesses and investments.

2. Learning valuable skills that I can apply to my businesses and other areas of my life for further improvement.

For me, the path is the goal. I don't build a business for the cash flow or wealth. I do it for the business itself.

For me, the path is the goal. I don't build a business for the cash flow or wealth. I do it for the business itself.

Totally agree with you on this. I sort of hinted at it in #2, but thanks for making more clear.:happy:

Back