What's the value of registered users when selling a website?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
If you have a website with 1200 registered users, do those people add value to a website?

I used to run microtasking website where people did 'whatever' tasks for $5 . I was going to try to do something like a SEOClerk/Fiverr but I just didn't do it.

This site was open like nearly half a decade i believe. Also has an email list.

How would you all approach valuing this? how would you approach selling it, if i were of value?

I don't know from any personal experience, but I imagine it's very similar, in your case, to a cold & unused & unsegmented email list.

By the time someone buys it and uses the list or membership, tons of those emails will bounce, many will unsubscribe or hit spam, many will have lost interest and moved on, etc. Unless you had a great conversion rate, high revenue per user, low churn (time since last purchase), and a bunch of whales, I can't see it being all that attractive since the list and membership base hasn't been engaged the whole time.

I don't know from any personal experience, but I imagine it's very similar, in your case, to a cold & unused & unsegmented email list.

By the time someone buys it and uses the list or membership, tons of those emails will bounce, many will unsubscribe or hit spam, many will have lost interest and moved on, etc. Unless you had a great conversion rate, high revenue per user, low churn (time since last purchase), and a bunch of whales, I can't see it being all that attractive since the list and membership base hasn't been engaged the whole time.

This was the most lucrative project of my entire internet life since 2002.

It depends on who's giving jobs for them. I was a hot source for a while.

Back