Whats the quickest permanent way to build domain authority?

Degree
I got an aged domain, 2005 but it's been inactive for a while and the domain authority is negligible. Whats the fastest way to build permanent authority? Thanks.

Are you defining domain authority by the moz metric?

Authority in general is nothing more than having lots of quality content and good links to it. It takes time to build, unless you talking moz specifically. If that's the case then I don't know the answer because I know nothing about how moz works these days.

Moz recently updates its algorithms, so until someone can categorically tell me exactly how Google's algorithms work and how it ranks websites, Moz Domain Authority, along with Majestic Trust Factor and AHref RD are the best metrics we have to define the authority of a website.

The best and most effective way to build domain authority, still in 2018, is backlinks backlinks backlinks

All search engines continue to rely on backlinks as a the core measure of a sites authority.

However, nowadays, algorithms are highly evolved to determine contextual relevance, you need to build backlinks on websites that are relevant to your niche on contained inside articles that make your link look natural and contextual.

One way of doing this is to reach out to blogger or writers and offer free content on their website, that includes your backlink. You can also purchase backlinks on high authority sites from many vendors who have built trust and relationship with bloggers, journalists and writers.

Another method is to create "linkbait" content. These are articles that you publish on your own website/blog that are designed to go viral. Make highly clickable content and share it on social media channels and destribute it to top media sites and watch as high authority sites naturally start linking to your post.

These are currently the most effective ways of getting backlinks and building domain authority

@gelsi, what I'd recommend doing is the plan I laid out in Day 11 - Off-Page SEO of the Crash Course. For new sites that don't have an established backlink profile, there are a lot of easy wins I like to start out with. And since your domain is aged, you should start to see the effects somewhere between immediate and 90 days. (And since you're new, I'd check out the Six Laws of Link Building I put in there too.)

To summarize it though, I'd do the following:

- Register your social profiles on all of the main sites and start using them each time you drop a new post.

- Register to forums and get either a profile link, signature link, or link in a post. You'll need to post on these a good 5 to 10 times (better to drip this out so you look real), which pushes links to your profile. Different methods include the profile link (if the page is indexable and crawlable), or waiting a couple weeks and adding a signature and seeing if it appears on old posts, or posing as someone needing help, ask a substantial question and use your own link as a reference, or asking about some detail you found on the page.

- Find some new blog posts to get comments on. You can set the filters to "last day" or whatever on Google, which highly increases your chance that the site owner will see and approve the comment. Settle for the Name/URL link, don't worry about dropping one in the comment itself.

- If your site design and logo design don't suck, submit to CSS galleries and Logo galleries. You can have someone draw you something and create profiles on graphic artists communities too. Some will take your logo too.

- Make an infographic and submit it to infographic galleries. If it's good enough, take note and use it for outreach later, and sharing on Reddit and sites like that.

- Make a jingle for your site and upload it to music galleries. Make a video and upload it to video sites and get links in the profile and video descriptions.

After that, you can move on to outreach, clickbait, and trying to get placed into big editorial sites. You can drop a link into Wikipedia if you build a decent profile there so you don't look like a spammer (I stay logged into one and fix typos when I see them to help build my profile). Then there's still a lot of stuff you'll see from the old days you can use, like guestbooks, social bookmarks, web 2.0 mini-sites, and other crap like that as long as it's a clean site and follows the Six Laws of Link Building.

If you plow through all of that, keeping track of every page your link is on and tracking indexation and trying to get them indexed, you'll end up with a decent amount of page rank juice flowing and see your metrics increase on the backlink checkers (if they find the links). And second most important, you'll see your rankings and traffic increase. And over time, the most important, you'll see revenue increase.

Once you cover this gamut of easy to do but time consuming link building, you can move on to the big needle movers like outreach. And eventually you'll start picking up natural links as you rank higher and start promoting more. Ultimately the goal is to leave behind all this link building crap and become a real marketer, which attracts the best links possible on the biggest sites.

1. The wrong way is to buy a GSA blast from Fivver. This will cause your DA to go crazy high!
Of course, your domain will be tainted and is less likely to rank. But your DA will be crazy high!
I DO NOT recommend this but this is a great way to get your SEO-iPenis the fastest (is that agaisnt the terms to say that? Sorry)

2. The semi ok way is you can try a technique called Domain Authority Stacking. Short version is to get high DA properties like wordpress, rebelmouse and any other social site that is in rage and point links to your site. https://www.networkempire.com/training/clc5-domain-authority-stacking/ I've tried this on many sites, and believe it works.

3. Another Semi OK way... IFTTT networks. Much like the above. Except done for you. Don't go to hardcore. I've tried this. It works.

4. Another good way... SLAM WITH CITATIONS. Lots of providers. Another great way to get DA!

5. GET LINKS FROM HIGH DA SITES. The best way. A good way to do this is to stay online forever and make friends or give people money for a link.

All in all.... DA doesnt really matter. It's a great simple metric to quickly assess sites strength with no bearing to actual ranking. I point to many expired domains used by GSA black hat churn and burn people. AMAZING DA!!!!! But they are penalised and will never rank.

Getting a LEGIT high DA site is HARD! The best way is to get a blend of option 2,3,4,5.

Back