What's the best book about motivation that you can recommend?

The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco is the book which I found very motivating

I am not a good reader and I rarely read a book. I struggle to complete reading a book but I really wanted to make it a habit to complete one book per month. The first one that I am planning to read is The Goal Program from Zig Ziglar. Any other books you can recommend? Thanks in advance!
The Untethered Soul and Yiddishe Kop: Creative Problem Solving in Jewish Learning, Lore and Humor (it's kinda spiitual-oriented but excelent to be more motivated, in a weird way.

Agree with @smithy anything by Jim Rohn is going to help you. But I like to look at this motivational stuff in phases, consuming this stuff in a logical order.

Foundational: Start here, don't worry about any tactics or strategy just get your mind right boss
-Jim Rohn/Tony Robbins (Jim was Tony's mentor)
-Zig Ziglar - learn the basics of selling
-Earl Nightingale - the strangest secret (and his other stuff too)
-Others in this genre of motivational stuff

Strategy: You've got your mind right now you need a general direction. This will obviously depend on your personality, strengths, and skills but assuming entrepreneurial type person.
-Frank Kern mind control
-10x rule GC
-The Slight Edge
-Russell Brunson - anything he puts out is gold
-Once you chew on those you should be primed for specifics...

Tactics: You've got your mind right, you have a general direction you want to go in and you've got a baseline of knowledge, now get ultra specific
-Private forums like stack that money
-this forum has great information
-mentorships
-any ultra specific blueprint from a proveable authority on the topic, ie... zero doubt this person has been successfull doing the EXACT thing they are promising to teach you.

Ultimately, in the end none of those things will substitute for doing the work and actually launching a site or a product/service and executing. That's where you really learn and I'd recommend consuming motivational stuff 10% and working on your own stuff 90% of the time. I've whittled my motivational stuff down to only during my gym workout sessions (5 per week).

I dont know if you have read The Four hour Work Week by Tim Ferris.

The title is super click baity and really doesnt actually make you work less IMO, but a classic book to make you more productive and smart about your work :smile:

I've read a lot of these kinds of books and most are useful--I find that it really helps me to reinforce ideas over and over from different angles and by different authors. The most recent, which I am rereading actually, is Jen Sincero's You Are a Badass at Making Money.

And although this one is in e-book format, I go for audiobooks very often for their ease of use and the true ability to multitask with them--like on walks. Those who have a harder time parking and just reading might like this option too. If I can get two things done instead of just one, why not.

How to win friends and influence people. recommended read if you havnt read it. Rich dad, poor dad series was pretty mind opening to me also in my younger years. check it out lil french fry(small tuber).

Last edited:
The Power of Habit - If you’ve ever tried to create a new routine for yourself, you’re well aware of how difficult that can actually be. New routines are hard to stick to, and before long, we’re slipping back into our old habits.
This book breaks down the latest scientific research on how habits work and what we can do to change them. That way, we can create new routines for our lives and our business.

Even though the Go for No! : Yes Is the Destination, No Is How to Get There by Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton was initially targeting sales people, I do believe that everyone has to read it at least once!

Absolute game changer that helped me to get from $50k per year to more than $500k.

The Power of Habit mentioned by Pendon in the previous post is also a great book to read

If you’re looking for motivation in a book, you’ve already lost.

Motivation is a false god.

Do you need motivation or a pep talk to fill up at the gas station? It’s a boring and annoying task but we all just do it because it’s a necessity to accomplish our goal (getting someplace) and avoiding worse problems (stalling on the highway).

There are things in our lives/businesses that are like filling up the gas tank. You gotta do ‘em to get where you wanna go without having a big annoying setback.

Too many people are stalled on the highway trying to find some book that will help them fill up the gas tank next time. Sorry to break it to ya but you need to stop procrastinating on dealing with your stalled car and just fucking fill up the tank next time and every time after that.

I don't look for motivation anymore but rather processes and process optimisation.

For that reason, I really liked Atomic Habits

I personally don't read motivational books, but I do listen to motivational speeches on a daily basis.

Specifically guys like Zig Ziglar, Les Brown, and Jim Rohn. I do also really like listing to Dr. Myles Munroe and Steve Harvey, they are more on the religious side, but I find them really valuable.

I listen to them not only so I can motivate or fuel myself, but so when I come across someone that needs that extra boost or push/advice that could make a difference in their situation. If I could bring a smile to someone that is down or ready to give up, in turn, it motivates me to keep going!

I don't know, maybe I am just weird, haha, but just wanted to share.

Jocko Willink has a great book called discipline equals freedom. There are a few good tidbits in there but basically motivation doesn't last and you should seek it.

Instead be disciplined then create structure and processes that allow you achieve.

I'm reading E Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do about It.
It was recommended to me 10 yrs ago and I sat on the book for this long. I kept seeing it come up as a classic business book, but I didn't start it until now. I can completely see myself in the book. It's been motivating to me because I can see different aspects of myself.

The book itself talks about how we have three components to us. The tradesman, the manager, and the entrepreneur. The tradesman wants to just dive in and get the work done. I see myself because I love to just dive in and play with the website, or write an article to rank, or update something. But, the entrepreneur needs to be able to quantify or systemize how you do things successfully so the manager can pass it on to your employees.

It seems very relevant because I think if given to my normal pace (Which I've been at for the last 3 years) I'd just keep publishing and building my websites as fast as I personally can (with a little help from another author). But reading this book motivates me to really go out of my comfort zone to hire other people and get my systems going so that I can grow my websites faster than I'm naturally comfortable with.

My recommend are:

1. Can't hurt me
2. Deep work
3. Peak Performance
4. Mastery

I also read "Can't hurt me" from David Goggins and really liked it. It's inspiring and truly shows what the human mind really is capable of, if you're ready and willing to go there. But I don't believe it's motivation that sets Goggins and other overachievers apart from the rest. I believe these guys are driven by something that happened in their childhood or past. Something that deeply influenced them emotionally and keeps them going forever. Obviously this comes with a price.

The second best thing is probably what Joko Willink says:
You need a mission. One you're emotionally attached to and truly believe in. This will keep you going.

I don't think books that talk about 'motivation' actually make you motivated.

Reading auto-biographies of successful businessmen is probably a far more enjoyable and also practical way to find commonalities in what made them successful.

The underlying factor I saw amongst them all is that they did not rely on 'motivation' to do anything. They simply focussed on improving their discipline so whether they were in the mood or not, they went and did it anyway.

A great book I recommend is: The Third Door by Alex Banayan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back